Transatlantic cabin selection

Madbullogna

I have seen this topic before, but for the life of me can't find the topic now. ugh.....

On a west-bound transatlantic crossing, (Mediterranean to Fort Lauderdale), is there a preferred side to be on?

Currently in a starboard aft, but I thought I had read somewhere that a port aft would get us more sunshine. (Assuming there even is any sun during an October crossing...haha).

Thanks all. :)

The sun isn't always on one side on land, so why would it be at sea? Anyway the ship will not be consistently heading west or east. I wouldn't think it would make much difference in cabin choice.

The sun isn't always on one side on land, so why would it be at sea? Anyway the ship will not be consistently heading west or east. I wouldn't think it would make much difference in cabin choice.

:confused: This a Transatlantic Westbound, unless the Captain starts making circles out there, the majority of the cruise will be spent heading west.

:confused: This a Transatlantic Westbound, unless the Captain starts making circles out there, the majority of the cruise will be spent heading west.

:D Lol. I wish I could be on a transatlantic where the captain was out making circles. Maybe we'd get another week at sea!

I was on the Rotterdam's trans-At last November. We had eight consecutive days at sea as we crossed, and every one of them had the sun on port side. The starboard side Lower Promenade was consistently standing room only---the demand for deck chairs on the cooler side was so great.

Archived