Cruise 'Snobs'

The_Baron

Hats off to Hyacinth & crew. The QE2 episode is my absolute favorite. I especially love when Hyacinth & Onslow kick up their heels. It was the one time she wasn't ashamed of him.

Ohhh, more KUA fans! :D I LOVE that show!

I loved the ep where they went sailing on the yacht and Hyacinth went over the side when she was trying to pull Richard out of the water. I never, ever laughed so hard in my life. I had tears going down my cheeks!

holy crap ain't that the truth.

just over reading another heavily debated subject thread and I love the ones that have to throw in how many cruises they have been on in the middle of the discussion that really has no bearing on the outcome of the subject. The old, I'm better then you because I've cruised more then you so I should win and everyone here must have the same opinion as me.

gotta love it!!:D

Yep.

Poster: "I didn't really like ____ about my cruise on _____ ."

Snob poster: "I don't know what you expect from a cruise but perhaps you should stay on land. How dare you imply that there was anyone ever aboard my favorite cruise line that didn't adore every facet of the experience as much as I do."

:confused:

This is what happened to one of my best friends on Celebrity once(of course as a guest);

She is Fillipino-American(31, speaks fluent English) and she was walking down the hallway when this elderly lady stopped her and asked her for a bucket of ice.

And she should have said, "yes ma'am. Today we are having a special. Would you like to have champagne or a case of beer with your ice. It is on RCCL".

Yep.

Snob poster: "I don't know what you expect from a cruise but perhaps you should stay on land. How dare you imply that there was anyone ever aboard my favorite cruise line that didn't adore every facet of the experience as much as I do."

I like that ones that the cruise line, and everyone of its employees can do absolutely no wrong. And if you had even the slightest problem with anyone in the organization no matter how valid or well documented , the problem lies within you and perhaps you should go to another cruise line.

Poster : My wife simply asked our cabin steward for an extra pillow . He flew into a rage stabbed her 15 times, sexually assaulted her and then strangled her.

Snob Post : Once again someone blaming others for their problems . Do you know how hard the stewards work, what long hours they work , away from home and family for long periods of time. And your entitled wife figures this is her vacation and she paid for it so she can just get an extra pillow . She is lucky she was just stabbed , assaulted and strangled. If i had been the cabin steward I would have had her thrown off at the next port. :)

Yep.

Peek at the quote in my signature:):D

I admit it, I have been rude. :o I have physically stopped people from getting on/off an elevator in order to allow someone on a scooter, in a walker, etc...to get on and/or off the elevator. I'm sure it was commented on somewhere about the rude so and so who blocked them at the elevator. Sigh...you can't win. :rolleyes:

I am so glad I am not the only "rude" person who will admit it. I cannot tell you how many elevators I popped into and asked if they had room for a wheelchair and of course they say yes. Then I would stand back and invite the wheelchair/walker/scooter person on. I did not do this every time, only when I noticed folks rushing for the elevator when someone who could not compete was patiently waiting first.

I have to say on my Oasis cruise two weeks ago, at the beginning of the week the elevator etiquette was horrid. By the middle of the week it was much better. I think perhaps in the beginning folks are confused, lost and overwhelmed and may forget their manners. I avoided snarky remarks and rolling eyes because I was worried about the kettle/pot/black issue.

P.S. Love Hyacinth and Rolf Harris

Edited by TheYoungFamilyCruisers

I like that ones that the cruise line, and everyone of its employees can do absolutely no wrong. And if you had even the slightest problem with anyone in the organization no matter how valid or well documented , the problem lies within you and perhaps you should go to another cruise line.

Poster : My wife simply asked our cabin steward for an extra pillow . He flew into a rage stabbed her 15 times, sexually assaulted her and then strangled her.

Snob Post : Once again someone blaming others for their problems . Do you know how hard the stewards work, what long hours they work , away from home and family for long periods of time. And your entitled wife figures this is her vacation and she paid for it so she can just get an extra pillow . She is lucky she was just stabbed , assaulted and strangled. If i had been the cabin steward I would have had her thrown off at the next port. :)

Oh, you know their habits much better than I do. :D

I can sometimes be too sensitive for my own good, but on cruises I could care less about rude people. I just ignore them, unless I feel someone can't take care of themselves. On Freedom in May a huge burley American was sooooo rude to this little guy working in the sandwich line, I had to say something.

I said," I hope you don't think all Americans act that way and you are doing a fantastic job." I looked over at him and said some people are just soooo rude...if looks could have killed, I would be dead for sure. I just can't take it when people are rude to the workers. That is my pet peeve...:(

Ohhh, more KUA fans! :D I LOVE that show!

I loved the ep where they went sailing on the yacht and Hyacinth went over the side when she was trying to pull Richard out of the water. I never, ever laughed so hard in my life. I had tears going down my cheeks!

You are cordingly invited to my "candlelight supper"

and what ever the saying is about her sister with the large yard big enough for a pony!!!!!!:D

Treat the rude passengers with kindness, a soft reply, friendly greeting, holding a door, etc., it drives them crazy! Also rudeness is not age or gender specific. I was on a cruise over spring break with hundreds of college students, many were polite, kind and considerate of their fellow passengers and fun to cruise with while a few were rude, drunk most of the time and jerks; the same thing was true with the older adults on the cruise. It is the individual that choses their behavior and has nothing to do with their age and everything to do with their character.

Sir Jack, nobody knows it but me or should I say 'noone':D;):)

LOL!

I had hoped that it was not a case of improper spelling by both you and the other proster, but it appears that my hopes were misplaced. Accordingly, I must assume that it means "no one".

Hats off to Hyacinth & crew. The QE2 episode is my absolute favorite. I especially love when Hyacinth & Onslow kick up their heels. It was the one time she wasn't ashamed of him. :)

Did ya know that was an impromtu piece? The actor who plays Onslo was having fun and she went along with it.....I read it somewhere, honest!!

You are cordingly invited to my "candlelight supper"

and what ever the saying is about her sister with the large yard big enough for a pony!!!!!!:D

*LOL* I like when people call her thinking it's the Chinese restaurant.

"I am sorry , this is a private trimline phone in off white with no oriental affiliation whatsoever"

My worst encounter was on a HAL ship. For some reason, I decided to attend the welcome back event that was held at 11:00 in the morning. It was ugly. People were stacked in the corridor and when the doors opened they were pushing and shoving to get in. A few elderly people were pushed aside and nearly trampled in the rush to get in and get a seat up front and their "free" cocktail.

We like to pretend we are on our first cruise each time and let the steward and waiters go thorough their scripts. We never mention how many cruises we've been on unless asked. Except here:

Edited by cruzincurt

I had hoped that it was not a case of improper spelling by both you and the other proster, but it appears that my hopes were misplaced. Accordingly, I must assume that it means "no one".....maybe, maybe not

Sir Jack, please don't forget what happens to those who assume;)

lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!"

Ejony:D hvae a gerat day!

Edited by kooljamming

I personally think that there are two different issues here, people that are rude and people that have bad or no manners. I honestly don't think that either of these are always connected to a persons age but....

I unfortunately have run into both.

In my experience I have had the displeasure of dealing with more "older" people (I am not saying all) that have been extremely rude. These are two of our experiences..... one where I was told "you need to keep quiet" (we were on a open air taxi) "just in case the driver has something to say, I might miss it" and the other when my husband used the word "screwed" during a conversation, not with any sexual content and was told to "watch your mouth, my wife is not used to hearing that kind language" Give me a break! I had to practically sit on my DH to keep him from going off in both cases. There have actually been a few others.

Now for manners. I have to say from personal observations that more "younger" people (not all) seem to be guilty of lacking good manners. I often wonder if they have not been taught good manners or if they just forget to use them.

I will add that these issues are not specific to cruisers, but that's another story.

I had hoped that it was not a case of improper spelling by both you and the other proster, but it appears that my hopes were misplaced. Accordingly, I must assume that it means "no one".

It could be a simple typo and nothing improper at all. Like your word 'proster' above.