New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

Not at all ... purchased when we 1st got married 32 years back :eek: main selling point was it is so close to the fields and only 1 mile from the coast.

But it is a bonus :D

We're not bad, 3 streets in from the promenade and the other one is about a mile the other side.

Berwyn

Just went pitch black ...and now in the middle of one hell of a thunderstorm :eek:

Hell that was close..............boom lightening same time :eek:

We should have had them here today, but lovely quiet day. No rain even that was forecast.

Berwyn

Hello hoppersue and lizzien also, we like a good lurker.:D You've all been busy today!!:eek:

Had a great day all round, the rain had all but stopped by the time we got to Liverpool. We were gobsmacked when we got there to see the Aida in the cruise port. She followed us all round the Canaries and this is the 4th time we've seen her, totally strange to be on the other side of the fence looking in at the passengers coming off. She turned right round at 6 o'clock, blasted her horn 3 times and off she went, just tracked her destination and she's off to Greenock. Passengers sticking out like a sore thumb round the shops.

Like the photo of your house RR but please take it off now as there's too much information and you never know when you're going to bump into a gun toting stalker. A bit worried about it.

Jan

:eek::eek: Glad it was you not us.

Last time we saw stuff like that was Naples last June. Soaked to the skin in Hericulanum.

Berwyn

We were in Naples the week after the storm? must have been 2nd week June when all the roads got flooded etc.

Hello hoppersue and lizzien also, we like a good lurker.:D You've all been busy today!!:eek:

Had a great day all round, the rain had all but stopped by the time we got to Liverpool. We were gobsmacked when we got there to see the Aida in the cruise port. She followed us all round the Canaries and this is the 4th time we've seen her, totally strange to be on the other side of the fence looking in at the passengers coming off. She turned right round at 6 o'clock, blasted her horn 3 times and off she went, just tracked her destination and she's off to Greenock. Passengers sticking out like a sore thumb round the shops.

Like the photo of your house RR but please take it off now as there's too much information and you never know when you're going to bump into a gun toting stalker. A bit worried about it.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Must be weird not being one of the "tourists" .

It's not like Napes or somewhere where we're expected so they stand out more.

Gun toting Stalker? Where ? :eek::eek:

Hope you had a good afternoon and enjoyed the show.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Must be weird not being one of the "tourists" .

It's not like Napes or somewhere where we're expected so they stand out more.

Gun toting Stalker? Where ? :eek::eek:

Hope you had a good afternoon and enjoyed the show.

Berwyn

Where? Cumbria. :eek:

Show was good, there was a group of women dressed up in Abba costumes and as drunk as skunks. They were in front of us in the upper tier and kept standing up and swaying in sync., or not, as they kept getting out of sync. and ended up shoulder charging each other. Nearly went over the balcony a couple of times, lol. So funny, last seen heading into a bar in Liverpool 1.:D:D

Jan

The difference 10 hours make..looks like it has never rained..lovely and sunny :eek:

Morning,

No it's our turn for the rain today, moving in from the south west. :(

No T-storms though.

With you and Jan looking out for the ISS, we thought we'd seen a real UFO last night

This orange glowing orb went flying across the sky dead silent. :eek:

We told the boys and they said they're Flying Chinese Magic Lanterns.

We'd never heard of them. you can see a video here.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/8989814/Magical-Flying-Chinese-Lantern/Product.html

Berwyn

Morning everyone.

Dry and fair here today and cloudy. We've seen quite a few of those lanterns, the first time we were hanging out of the loft window on Bonfire Night and dozens of them were drifting across the sky. It took a while to puzzle out what they were. Saw a few just the other night as well.:):)

Jan

Morning everyone.

Dry and fair here today and cloudy. We've seen quite a few of those lanterns, the first time we were hanging out of the loft window on Bonfire Night and dozens of them were drifting across the sky. It took a while to puzzle out what they were. Saw a few just the other night as well.:):)

Jan

Hi Jan,

1st time we'd seen one out here in the sticks. :) It was exciting for a couple of minutes.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

1st time we'd seen one out here in the sticks. :) It was exciting for a couple of minutes.

Berwyn

They do look really nice. People get them for weddings and birthdays though I'm not sure that Manchester Airport would be too pleased.:eek:

When I was checking the Aida last night I had a look at Celebration in the Southern Aegean. She was tracking from Bodrum which didn't seem right so I had a look on the itinerary and she should have been en route from Crete to Marmaris. Reading on the other forum about cancellations in Greece so had a look for her in Marmaris but can't see her today. She should be starting the Odyssey cruise tonight. Can anyone find her and check the tracking.:) I don't want to say anything without checking my facts.

Jan

They do look really nice. People get them for weddings and birthdays though I'm not sure that Manchester Airport would be too pleased.:eek:

When I was checking the Aida last night I had a look at Celebration in the Southern Aegean. She was tracking from Bodrum which didn't seem right so I had a look on the itinerary and she should have been en route from Crete to Marmaris. Reading on the other forum about cancellations in Greece so had a look for her in Marmaris but can't see her today. She should be starting the Odyssey cruise tonight. Can anyone find her and check the tracking.:) I don't want to say anything without checking my facts.

Jan

Hi Jan

According to Marinetraffic she's in Marmaris. Arrived 4.40 a.m.

I've got her having been in Bodrum yesterday too

Berwyn

Hi Jan

According to Marinetraffic she's in Marmaris. Arrived 4.40 a.m.

I've got her having been in Bodrum yesterday too

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn. It's very odd, perhaps there's been a strike in Greece again and they couldn't get to Crete.:confused: 2 weeks today and we should be in the air.:D:D

Jan

PS

It looks from the site that she headed straight for Crete from Marmaris when she left on the 31st instead of doing the itinerary in the brochure.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?MMSI=&SHIPNAME=THOMSON+CELEBRATION&PORT_ID=&menuid=&datasource=ITINERARIES&app=&mode=&B1=Search

you can see her itinerary printed out there. And on the right you can link to each bit on a map

She was in Crete on the 1st. Looks like she's done it back to front.

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn. It's very odd, perhaps there's been a strike in Greece again and they couldn't get to Crete.:confused: 2 weeks today and we should be in the air.:D:D

Jan

She's been to Piaeus and Mykonos and Naupolion too by the looks of the tracker.

Berwyn

PS

It looks from the site that she headed straight for Crete from Marmaris when she left on the 31st instead of doing the itinerary in the brochure.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/datasheet.aspx?MMSI=&SHIPNAME=THOMSON+CELEBRATION&PORT_ID=&menuid=&datasource=ITINERARIES&app=&mode=&B1=Search

you can see her itinerary printed out there. And on the right you can link to each bit on a map

She was in Crete on the 1st. Looks like she's done it back to front.

Berwyn

Thanks Berwyn

This is what she supposed to have done.

Thomson Celebration - Aegean Discovery

Itinerary overview Day 1: Marmaris

Day 2: Bodrum 08:00 - 18:00 Day 3: Izmir 08:00 - 18:00 Day 4: Mykonos Town 08:00 - 16:00 Day 5: Athens 08:00 - 17:00 Day 6: Nauplion 09:00 - 18:00 Day 7: Aghios Nikolaos 08:00 - 18:00 Day 8: Marmaris 08:00

Is it me or is there a good few bits missing on Marinetraffic?:confused:

Do you want to tell them? :eek:

Jan

Thanks Berwyn

This is what she supposed to have done.

Thomson Celebration - Aegean Discovery

Itinerary overview Day 1: Marmaris

Day 2: Bodrum 08:00 - 18:00 Day 3: Izmir 08:00 - 18:00 Day 4: Mykonos Town 08:00 - 16:00 Day 5: Athens 08:00 - 17:00 Day 6: Nauplion 09:00 - 18:00 Day 7: Aghios Nikolaos 08:00 - 18:00 Day 8: Marmaris 08:00

Is it me or is there a good few bits missing on Marinetraffic?:confused:

Do you want to tell them? :eek:

Jan

Hi Jan,

It doesn't always pick the ships up 24/7. But if you look at the ones that say "Intermedieate position of the day2 it shows the ship leaving the ports.

On 1st June it definitely shows he leaving Crete late afternoon.

And the same for the others, the only one I can't see is Izmir.

But she definitely was in all the others.

It shouldn't bother people too much if it's done in reverse as long as they get there.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

It doesn't always pick the ships up 24/7. But if you look at the ones that say "Intermedieate position of the day2 it shows the ship leaving the ports.

On 1st June it definitely shows he leaving Crete late afternoon.

And the same for the others, the only one I can't see is Izmir.

But she definitely was in all the others.

It shouldn't bother people too much if it's done in reverse as long as they get there.

Berwyn

That's true, perhaps they were avoiding strikes or what not. Time will tell.:D:D Thanks Berwyn, off to do at bit.:(

Jan

That's true, perhaps they were avoiding strikes or what not. Time will tell.:D:D Thanks Berwyn, off to do at bit.:(

Jan

Yes, better do something. Not washing though, with the weather forecast

TTFN

Berwyn

Archived