New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

Wow! Just tracked the Aida, she can certainly shift. In Liverpool Sunday evening and I thought she'd be cruising around the Scottish Islands. She's been over to Bergen and is on her way back into the North Sea.:eek:

Jan

Just had a big fright? :(

Puting some more tunes onto the Ipod..crashed....thought I had lost the lot 3000 tracks :o

Deleted the old Itunes and reinstalled and 30 mins later..all back ..phewwwwwwww :D that would have been tragic, would have had to listen to HI.

Just had a big fright? :(

Puting some more tunes onto the Ipod..crashed....thought I had lost the lot 3000 tracks :o

Deleted the old Itunes and reinstalled and 30 mins later..all back ..phewwwwwwww :D that would have been tragic, would have had to listen to HI.

That's lucky, that's the worse feeling when you wish you'd never started and you can see hours of work ahead of you. 3000 tracks is a lot!!:eek: Do you know if you can repartition a laptop hard drive whilst the files are still on? Mine came already partitioned right down the middle but C: is the default and is always nearly full but D: hardly has anything on it just the backups. As it's only 120gb half of that isn't a lot.:eek: Perhaps compressing C: would be a better idea.

Jan

A bit of overtime?:)

I spent all morning at the hospital clinic.:eek::eek:

Jan

10 hour days Jan :mad: told them I don't want any o/t before i go on Holiday, but because there is only 2 of us at the power station that does our particular type of work ..remember me telling you about my mate with kidney stones? well he is off work so don't have any choice :(

Don't particularly want to go on holiday knackered :D no fun

10 hour days Jan :mad: told them I don't want any o/t before i go on Holiday, but because there is only 2 of us at the power station that does our particular type of work ..remember me telling you about my mate with kidney stones? well he is off work so don't have any choice :(

Don't particularly want to go on holiday knackered :D no fun

I didn't know kidney stones were catching. :)

It's a deliberate plot RR to wear you out before you go.

Berwyn

Just home from course.

how did you get on in clinic Jan?

Nearly time to start packing.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Enjoy the course?

They've decided that I might have Hyperparathyroidism (that's a long word) which is a malfunction of one of the 4 small glands either side of the thyroid. Apparently this can cause too much calcium to be brought out of the bones and into the blood stream, then into the kidneys causing the stones. Are you with me so far? lol. I've got to go for a scan on my neck and a bone scan for osteoporosis (spelling?). IF they come back positive then they want to operate to remove the gland. If they take it out the bone thinning reverses and I would feel better immediately. It would explain why I've been so up and down the last couple of years, one day full of energy and the next fatigued with aching bones, etc. but I'm not going to agree to the op they would want to do when there are more modern techniques. Look on the internet.:eek: Who would have thought a tiny thing the size of a grain of rice could be so much trouble.

The thing is that when I first had a stone I went on the internet and found a site saying that almost all stones are due to Parathyroid problems, that was 2 years ago.

Are you still awake.:D:D

Cruise is creeping up fast,:eek:.

Jan

10 hour days Jan told them I don't want any o/t before i go on Holiday, but because there is only 2 of us at the power station that does our particular type of work ..remember me telling you about my mate with kidney stones? well he is off work so don't have any choice

Don't particularly want to go on holiday knackered no fun

Hope it's not the dreaded stones again,:eek:. It's pushing it a bit only having 2 of you doing the same type of work, not a lot of leeway there.:eek::eek:

Dull, dull, dull weather again.:(

Just to round things off for the day I got a letter from Barclaycard saying they were changing their points system. From August instead of 1750 points for a £10 voucher it's going to be 3500!!:eek::eek:. Cheek! So I've redeemed my points sharpish today.

Jan

Hope it's not the dreaded stones again,:eek:. It's pushing it a bit only having 2 of you doing the same type of work, not a lot of leeway there.:eek::eek:

No..he is still recovering from a major operation and is due back to work the day I go on Holiday.

Just to round things off for the day I got a letter from Barclaycard saying they were changing their points system. From August instead of 1750 points for a £10 voucher it's going to be 3500!!:eek::eek:. Cheek! So I've redeemed my points sharpish today.

Jan

Haven't had a barclaycard in yonks :confused:

I had a Goldfish card for years then they were taken over by Barclaycard. Now I've cashed in my points I think I'll be off.:D:D

Hope you workmate is up to working when you go on hols. Keep your phone off.;)

Jan

Hi Berwyn

Enjoy the course?

They've decided that I might have Hyperparathyroidism (that's a long word) which is a malfunction of one of the 4 small glands either side of the thyroid. Apparently this can cause too much calcium to be brought out of the bones and into the blood stream, then into the kidneys causing the stones. Are you with me so far? lol. I've got to go for a scan on my neck and a bone scan for osteoporosis (spelling?). IF they come back positive then they want to operate to remove the gland. If they take it out the bone thinning reverses and I would feel better immediately. It would explain why I've been so up and down the last couple of years, one day full of energy and the next fatigued with aching bones, etc. but I'm not going to agree to the op they would want to do when there are more modern techniques. Look on the internet.:eek: Who would have thought a tiny thing the size of a grain of rice could be so much trouble.

The thing is that when I first had a stone I went on the internet and found a site saying that almost all stones are due to Parathyroid problems, that was 2 years ago.

Are you still awake.:D:D

Cruise is creeping up fast,:eek:.

Jan

Still awake Jan,

Nearly fell asleep in the course though :D

Well they can look to sorting you out when you get back.

trouble is if you'd told them what they thought was wrong with you from your findings, they get a bit ratty. They don't like us going in and telling them what we think we've got.

Not long to go now.

Berwyn

Still awake Jan,

Nearly fell asleep in the course though :D

Well they can look to sorting you out when you get back.

trouble is if you'd told them what they thought was wrong with you from your findings, they get a bit ratty. They don't like us going in and telling them what we think we've got.

Not long to go now.

Berwyn

You can say that again, it takes them a bit of time to catch up.:eek:. I just nod politely then go home and plot my revenge. I just don't want to end up looking like someone tried to chop my head off, lol.:D:D. Weather is going to buck up from tomorrow just when you go back on nights, ha, ha.

Jan

You can say that again, it takes them a bit of time to catch up.:eek:. I just nod politely then go home and plot my revenge. I just don't want to end up looking like someone tried to chop my head off, lol.:D:D. Weather is going to buck up from tomorrow just when you go back on nights, ha, ha.

Jan

yes I noticed the weather forecast :(:D At least I'll have all day tomorrow in the sun and am only in bed Friday

Berwyn

yes I noticed the weather forecast :(:D At least I'll have all day tomorrow in the sun and am only in bed Friday

Berwyn

Hop it is sunny tomorrow.:)

Just been tracking the Aida Luna again. She's in the Norwegian fjords at the moment, she certainly gets about. Looks like an interesting cruise, apart from the weather,:eek:. Wonder where she's going next? I'm having a fantasy cruise, lol.

Jan

Hop it is sunny tomorrow.:)

Just been tracking the Aida Luna again. She's in the Norwegian fjords at the moment, she certainly gets about. Looks like an interesting cruise, apart from the weather,:eek:. Wonder where she's going next? I'm having a fantasy cruise, lol.

Jan

HI Jan,

She's going to Honningsvag wherever that is.

Berwyn

HI Jan,

She's going to Honningsvag wherever that is.

Berwyn

Took me ages to find it, it's in the Baltics. Fishing village on an island up there, looks a bit cold. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Aida to get there, now I know why the passengers had their thick Arctic waterproofs on in Liverpool, lol.:D:D

Jan

Took me ages to find it, it's in the Baltics. Fishing village on an island up there, looks a bit cold. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes Aida to get there, now I know why the passengers had their thick Arctic waterproofs on in Liverpool, lol.:D:D

Jan

Was watching a documentary the other night and they were in Spitsbergen in summer, about now and it's so cold up there it was worse than the worst winter we get. No wonder they had them with them.

OOH!! I just looked, it's all the way up the top

Berwyn

RR's very quiet tonight. Was your course interesting?

Jsn

Perhaps he's practising for the A.I with the Strongbow. :D

No, It was manual handling and because of the obesity problem they were concentrating on that. We did usual stuff for nurses, collapse in the chair and manouver them on to the floor single handed. Cardiac arrest stuff, manouver from bed to theatre trolley etc. The same stuff we do year after year.

But it's compulsory each year.

Berwyn

Don't put your back out!! Ouch.:eek:

Just been watching the documentary with Ben Fogle and the children with facial disfigurement in Ethiopia. We don't know how good we've got it here do we?

The Thomson forum's a bit quiet these days, it's all Dream, Dream, Dream... by the Everley Brothes of course, ha, ha. Oh yes! getting back on form after a dull week.:D:D

Jan

Archived