New Posters Please!! :)

ekco

PS

In case you've missed it there's a major sporting event this weekend and I've been getting myself in the mood for it by watching the Classic Canadian Grands Prix highlights on the net. :D

I'm not ignoring the W.C. totally. We watched the Come Dine With Me with the football WAGs last might and the one with the footballers cooking is on tonight.

Berwyn

You lot have far to much time? just signing off the safety docs here at work?????

Will post my day later, it's been hilarious :D

He's only jealous Berwyn as he's not signed up for the cruise yet, lol. Honnisvaag is the most northern village in the Europe and maybe the world. I think they go there for the Northern Cape and the midnight sun. Get your camera ready, lol:D:D

Jan

I could always go in those hot thermal springs in Iceland. :D

At least you've seen some sun today. Cloudy all day here.

Berwyn

Don't they have those hot mud pools as well? Yes, you will need your swimwear then. The trouble starts when you have to get out into the cold air. Then again, light bulb moment, they might be near that nice warm volcano, lol :D:D.

Jan

He's only jealous Berwyn as he's not signed up for the cruise yet, lol. Honnisvaag is the most northern village in the Europe and maybe the world. I think they go there for the Northern Cape and the midnight sun. Get your camera ready, lol:D:D

Jan

Yes, he's been nice and snug in his hot power station while we've been acclimatising for it by freezing our socks off out here.

Yes, it's the only reason to go there. The ship doesn't get there till late afternoon ready for overnight sunshine. Crazy.

Berwyn

Yes, he's been nice and snug in his hot power station while we've been acclimatising for it by freezing our socks off out here.

Yes, it's the only reason to go there. The ship doesn't get there till late afternoon ready for overnight sunshine. Crazy.

Berwyn

Do you think he glows green in the dark, ha, ha. Cold again here so just put my jumper back on, :eek:.

Jan

Do you think he glows green in the dark, ha, ha. Cold again here so just put my jumper back on, :eek:.

Jan

I was thinking that. The green probablly comes from the apple juice they use to make the Strongbow.:D

I'm trying to resist putting on extra clothes, but my fingers are freezing.

Berwyn

You lot have far to much time? just signing off the safety docs here at work?????

Will post my day later, it's been hilarious :D

Yesterday we had a safety stand down (3 hours) sitting there awaiting instruction for a nuclear safety case/exercise, during this time a lot of banter between tannoy's...one of our apprentices got a bit lippy and above his station...so today was revenge day :D

My job today was up on the turbine roof (40 MTS up) examining steam and vent extraction louvres...so I asked for the said apprentice to accompany me, Told him it was his job to protect me as the Seagulls are nesting and they will attack because of the eggs and young?? told him he had to wear a bright fluro tab-bard and stand about 10 meters away from to scare off the birds :eek: what he didn't know is that it's a bit like a red rag to a bull..but in this case it was seagulls..................1 after another they dive bombed him and left me alone..he even had the birds mess all over him....have never laughed so much in my life, bet thats the last time he gets a bit lippy :D

I was thinking that. The green probablly comes from the apple juice they use to make the Strongbow.:D

I'm trying to resist putting on extra clothes, but my fingers are freezing.

Berwyn

Nope dont glow green.. :D havnt had a drink since Monday night :eek:

Yesterday we had a safety stand down (3 hours) sitting there awaiting instruction for a nuclear safety case/exercise, during this time a lot of banter between tannoy's...one of our apprentices got a bit lippy and above his station...so today was revenge day :D

My job today was up on the turbine roof (40 MTS up) examining steam and vent extraction louvres...so I asked for the said apprentice to accompany me, Told him it was his job to protect me as the Seagulls are nesting and they will attack because of the eggs and young?? told him he had to wear a bright fluro tab-bard and stand about 10 meters away from to scare off the birds :eek: what he didn't know is that it's a bit like a red rag to a bull..but in this case it was seagulls..................1 after another they dive bombed him and left me alone..he even had the birds mess all over him....have never laughed so much in my life, bet thats the last time he gets a bit lippy :D

Oh Lovely!,

here at the seaside, like you, we know all about seagulls, they nest all over the hospital roof too. You definitely keep clear of them and definitely don't walk anywhere outside with food in you hand.

Have great fun watching tourists try to eat ice cream etc. while on the prom.

Berwyn

Got a text from my son who is in St Ives. They bought the kids fish and chips to eat on the beach and were promptly mugged by the seagulls who took the lot off them.:eek:. I forgot to warn them about St. Ives seagulls, they're like other seagulls heavyweight boxing brothers.:eek:

Jan

Got a text from my son who is in St Ives. They bought the kids fish and chips to eat on the beach and were promptly mugged by the seagulls who took the lot off them.:eek:. I forgot to warn them about St. Ives seagulls, they're like other seagulls heavyweight boxing brothers.:eek:

Jan

That sounds familiar, they must be cousins to the ones here. We've got the big herring gulls.

Berwyn

That sounds familiar, they must be cousins to the ones here. We've got the big herring gulls.

Berwyn

They're the ones, great big muscles, beady eyes and swaggering about town like they own the place. :eek:

Jan

Just been checking out the Aida website and am wondering if there are 2 of them going around as the Iceland itinerary doesn't have Liverpool, I will investigate later.:) We might have to jump ship, lol, we might be on the wrong one.:eek:

As you were, just checked and it looks as though it was a repositioning cruise coming up the Irish Sea, via Liverpool and Greenock.

Jan

The England stuff is out of the loft and is all over the lounge. Flags, large and small, bunting and 2 inflatable chairs with the cross of St George on it. Need to get more bunting and more car flags.

World Cup Kick Off concert on BBC2 at 9.30pm.:D:D

Where did you get your avatar from RR and are there any others that are similar?

Jan

Right click my flag and save as ;)

Thank RR :). That's better, I was watching the concert last night. Much excitement building, got to iron my giant flag yet. Are you taking England stuff on holiday?;)

Jan

Thank RR :). That's better, I was watching the concert last night. Much excitement building, got to iron my giant flag yet. Are you taking England stuff on holiday?;)

Jan

Never mind the England stuff Jan, I've got the perfect holiday "must have" item for you and RR. Just in case you are worried about the security of the cabin safe.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM217612453P?blockNo=1&blockType=G1&keyword=shomer&prdNo=1

I've seen some stuff in my time but that takes the biscuit. :D

Someone posted it on the Trip Advisor website.

Berwyn

Has a Rocking Horse got a wooden d*** :D

That's outrageous!! I'm shocked, :eek:. The opening ceremony has just started, changing the subject.

Jan

Archived