What made you book on the EPIC?

Bgem75

Oh my gosh, where do I start? ha ha ha

Okay, I think I originally booked because I was excited about being on a brand new ship, with water slides, a rapelling wall, and the Cirque Dreams restaurant - and the Eastern itinerary includes one port my mom and I have never visited and two my husband and daughter have never visited.

So that's why I initially booked... since then I've compiled a much longer list of reasons I'm happy I did:

after booking the first day as latitudes members, our cabin has gone up by over $1,000!!

dim sum and churroscaria YUM!

the new bathroom design - perfect for our family

Nickelodeon on board

More entertainment than I've ever wanted to attend on a cruise ship before in my life!

Add to that all the 'usual' reasons we love cruising, NCL and Freestyle, and December 18 can't get here soon enough!! :)

Recently sailed on the Oasis and absolutely loved everything about the ship. We wanted to try another new ship. I don't think the Epic will compare to the Oasis but I know it will still be a great cruise. I'm hoping NCL can handle so many passengers as well as RCCL did.

THE AQUA PARK, my kids will love it....... three multi-story water slides, two main pools with arching water effects that illuminate at night, five hot tubs, a wading pool and a kid’s pool that features whimsical sculptures, water sprays and a slide :)

My fiance and I are getting married March 5, 2011 so we chose the EPIC for our Honeymoon fro March 12 - March 26. We found out about it at the big wedding show in town. They were marketing it as "VEGAS ON THE OCEAN" and since we both LOVE vegas....it was kind of a no brainer for us. And since we are coming all the way from Vancouver, BC, we figured one week was not enough :)

We booked last August, too. Our price for BE (now apparently B6 larger balcony) was $875 + $75 OBC and that infamous bottle of wine! We have Latitudes and Veteran's discounts. Great price. :) Except that we booked too early and have too many discounts to get the Tropicana $100 OBC! :rolleyes: It's always something!!

My final decision came down to the entertainment on board. It pretty much sealed the deal for me. I had originally decided to go on the Carnival (b/c I have already sailed with NCL and Royal Carribean) and I've always said I needed to try out the Carnival...since it's the "fun ship" they say. But once I seen the entertainment on the Epic...I knew it was for me.

(Now, if the entertainment just works out and we actually get to see it all will determine if I made the right choice)

The other thing I am SO looking foward to is Howl at the moon.

On our very first cruise in 98 the ship(on Carnival) we were on had dueling pianos everynight. We happened to stumble upon it and were hooked. WE went everynight after the main show!! It was such a jewel!! We ended up with the same people there everynight. It was like our little secret. It was SO MUCH FUN that I have looked for it ever since on every cruise we have been on but no luck.....UNTIL NOW!!

My husband and I always book cruises where our son Vince Strong is playing (piano bar). This will be his first with Norwegian, with Howl at the Moon.

He is on July 10 thru August 7.

Carla , the Mom

AWWW.. now I find that so sweet!! Support from our Mom's is always appreciated. He is only on there until aug 7th?? I have heard such good things about him!! I am not on the EPIC until Sept 11th.

My husband and I always book cruises where our son Vince Strong is playing (piano bar). This will be his first with Norwegian, with Howl at the Moon.

He is on July 10 thru August 7.

Carla , the Mom

Awesome! We're on the 7/10 sailing.

We needed to get to US to take an Alaskan cruise and were worried with all the volcanic activity that we would not get there. We made enquiries about cruises and couldn't believe the price for the TA that we got. So just a fluke really never dreamt that we could do this trip really excited now.

DH and I always are going to Vegas to see the shows and travel- and since practically everything that's in Vegas is going to be on the EPIC- it seemed like a natural choice.

We can't wait to see the shows and try the new restaurants.

And- It's a BRAND NEW ship! Can't beat that!:D

My wife didn't want to do a cruise but when she saw the cabins for the Epic she was lured, and then she found out about the entertainment she was hooked.

As for myself I would have to say that the arson fires, wrecked engine, and constant problems while in the STX shipyard lured me in! :)~

My wife didn't want to do a cruise but when she saw the cabins for the Epic she was lured, and then she found out about the entertainment she was hooked.

As for myself I would have to say that the arson fires, wrecked engine, and constant problems while in the STX shipyard lured me in! :)~

Glad to see a sence of humor!!!!:p

Archived