What made you book on the EPIC?

Bgem75

I am just curious what made everyone book on this ship?

My Dh and I were looking for something different, possibly a new ship, we were looking for a ship or cruise line to offer something new...EPIC met all this criteria. Once we started to look into it.. we were hooked. We can try things on this ship we might not normally do..like BMG. Even the new set up of the rooms intrigued us..

So now...Why did you book a cruise on the EPIC???:cool:

We booked strictly for the entertainment on the ship. A bonus that we're going to one new port, but mostly it was about the ship. I love telling our friends that our cruise has Blue Man Group, Legends in Concert, Second City, Howl at the Moon, an Ice Bar, not to mention all the dining options.

3 months til we sail. Can't wait! :D

We booked after we were unable to make it to our GEM cruise in Europe. I was looking for another option and was surprised to find that there was space on the EPIC. We are looking forward to a new ship and all the neat new features!

~Intrepid

NCL hooked us with freestyle and great crew. We've been on the Sun, Star, Spirit and Pearl and enjoyed all of them.

We love the Caribbean and two of the ports are new to us. However, this cruise is about the ship! I think NCL has done a good marketing job on the Epic - loved the Epic brochure and video. Releasing the info and pictures on the ship s l o w l y has kept my interest peaked. So many new things to see on this ship - she's a destination by herself.

We may find that we prefer the smaller ships but we're really glad to be cruising on the Epic in her maiden season.

...Why did you book a cruise on the EPIC???:cool:

Technical curiosity.

It's interesting to compare the Epic with ships I travelled before.

I have not travelled as much as many of posters here.

Still building my travel history...

I don't think this cruise will be 100% to my taste. I expect some cons (already experienced some at the time of booking)... but nothing is perfect.

I think this cruise should be OK.

I am planning to try several ships/cruise lines before I put everything aside and focus entirely on what I really like.

I'm a first time cruiser. I was looking for a TA: England into New York city.. it's a bit of tribute to my relatives who sailed into New York years ago.. and saw the Statue of Liberty etc. It's also my daughter's high school grad present. We are combining it with a few days in London before sailing.

Just started looking around and found the Epic... only other option was QE2 and this was much less money.

I was also looking for something with a lot of time at sea and not hopping on and off... we found 7 days at sea... after this we will either love cruising or hate it!!!!:cool:

Bit of a wierd and emotional one for me really.

Both my parents passed away suddenly last year , after years of nagging us to go on a cruise with them, and us finding every excuse under the sun not to go. They liked the dress up and "meet the captain" type cruises.

We have a small inheritance and decided that we should spend some of it on a cruise, as we know that's what they would have wanted.

So we looked into the cruise industry and we amazed when we found EPIC, it ticked all of our boxes of modern, cool, fun, lots to do and not stuffy at all .We are all madly excited as we go in 8 weeks.

So as much as we will enjoy the cruise, it will be tinged with a little sadness from time to time.

I gave my grand daughters a choice Epic or Oasis. They looked at Oasis and said that they have done flow rider already and watching a new dive show was not impressive. They chose Epic because of the slide and bowling alleys on board. They also want to see the Cirque and BMG and meet SpongeBob and Dora (little kid memories). They are 9 and 13.

I'm a first time cruiser. I was looking for a TA: England into New York city.. it's a bit of tribute to my relatives who sailed into New York years ago.. and saw the Statue of Liberty etc. It's also my daughter's high school grad present. We are combining it with a few days in London before sailing.

Just started looking around and found the Epic... only other option was QE2 and this was much less money.

I was also looking for something with a lot of time at sea and not hopping on and off... we found 7 days at sea... after this we will either love cruising or hate it!!!!:cool:

'Ditto'.

Always wanted to visit NYC. DH wanted to try a cruise, so perfect combination.

Did look at QM2 possibility, but found that 'freestyle' would definitely be more 'our style'.

Also....brand new boat....that was the final decider!

I think it will be quite emotional sailing in and seeing the Statue of Liberty....and I am a Brit!

Have a safe journey to the UK, and see you on board!

• Brand new ship
  • Super cheap fares
  • Excellent entertainment line-up

Can't wait!

Super cheap? You must not be traveling when I am. :)

The price is the only thing that is making us hesitate on booking.

The activities it offers on board for my DS's (12 and 14). We've done RC Navigator(2x) and Disney, and they were not impressed with the Oasis offerings. They've done the flowrider and zipline at other places. They can't wait to try the EPIC plunge, the Spider Web, the bowling, plus they can see BMG and Cirque....very cool!!! Plus, it was much cheaper than Oasis, which made my DH happy! ;)

This will be our first Caribbean cruise, so naturally we had a lot of choices. We've never sailed NCL before. We chose the Epic for these reasons:

1) Blue Man Group

2) Spongebob

3) New ship on a new cruise line for us

I am a Princess cruiser and hadn't even heard all the hype about the new Epic ship but when a special group rate came up on one of the websites I visit, I checked it out and when I saw the entertainment and dining options, I was sold.

Studio cabins that didn't have that single penalty.

Ditto

I want to be somewhere hot for Christmas and New Year without the added expense of a single person supplement. My cruise out of Miami on 18th Dec meets my criteria.

Carol

I love NCL. My favorite cruiseline of the big 3. The entertainment options and the ship itself sold me that I have to go. I love freestyle cruising and NCL does it well. Other lines are trying to copy it but it is not the same. I just finished my 10th cruise. The last one on RCI and I come back again to NCL. NCL Epic gives you more value for your money than RCI Oasis of the Seas. I am taking my son and daughter in law on this one to see what they think of cruising. I think this very modern new concept boat will be perfect for them, rather than the old concept of eating at a certain time and going to one theater show a night. I don't think they will get bored. If I took them on a older smaller boat, I think they would get bored. We did the last one we sailed on. Not enough to do.:)

Quote:

The price is the only thing that is making us hesitate on booking.

Keep checking pricing, especially through internet agencies. Be ready to jump on it when you see an acceptable price. I've been looking for weeks and booked an aft ba balcony yesterday - price through same agency is up approximately $350 today. Very glad i didn't wait to clear the vacation with my boss on Monday - he's a cruiser as well so hopefully he'll understand.

thank you... with the TA both the Brits and the Yanks have opportunities to visit each others countries on both ends...

This is a double vacation for me London and the cruise,, can wait to meet fellow travellers at the meet and great!

For me, we had decided to take our girls (12 and 5 at sailing) on a cruise after we did Serenade of the Seas in 2009. So we booked Adventure of the Seas because we wanted to see the same or close to the same ports with the kids. However, due to the flights to San Juan being so expensive (when I started looking they were $900+ each and now they're still over $600 each), I started researching Florida ports. I stumbled across the Epic. I had only cruised 2 times before, both with Royal, so I didn't know much about NCL or the hype about the Epic. But the flights to Miami for 4 were great, the price for the family deluxe balcony was right and the ports were great. The brand new ship and the Epic plunge were an added bonus.

My daughter is so excited and I don't know if she is more excited or I am! Can't wait!

Archived