Oops! I forgot that you may not have a Facebook account to see it,

Princess Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe

Serves 4

1 pound egg noodles

4 egg yolks

1 c. heavy cream

½ c. Parmesan cheese

Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook the pasta according to package directions.

Drain and set aside.

Boil ¾ c. cream and remove from heat.

Combine egg yolks with remaining ¼ c. cream to form a liaison.

Add ¼ c. of the boiled cream to the liaison. Stir and then combine liaison with the rest of the cream.

Add Parmesan. Adjust seasoning.

If necessary, reheat pasta in boiling, salted water. Toss drained pasta with sauce.

Parmesan Cheese Basket:

2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Place a non-stick omelet pan on the stove over medium heat.

Sprinkle the bottom of the pan evenly with approximately ½ c. of the Parmesan cheese. Allow to cook until the color lightly changes to golden.

Flip the cheese over and allow to cook until golden.

Remove from the pan and place over a mold form or bottom of a bowl to create a dome shape. Let cool.

'Just what I was looking for! I know how unhealthy it is but it was SO GOOD on our recent Ruby cruise! I appreciate you taking the time to type out the recipe. Thank you.

It wasn't that much work. LOL

I just did a google search and found the link. Then when I realized you may not have a Facebook account I went back and copied and pasted it into the post.

It is some "evil good" fettuccine, isn't it?

Is the 1/2 cup parm. cheese grated?

What exactly is a 'liasion'?

I'm asking because I'd gotten the recipe from Princess, and it didn't turn out anywhere near right, so I've obviously done something wrong.

I went through serious fettucine alfredo withdrawal when we got home from our cruise (this was in addition to wondering why my bed wasn't mysteriously made when I got back to the bedroom, and I spent alot of time wandering around the house looking for the buffet.)

I'm asking because I'd gotten the recipe from Princess, and it didn't turn out anywhere near right, so I've obviously done something wrong.

I went through serious fettucine alfredo withdrawal when we got home from our cruise (this was in addition to wondering why my bed wasn't mysteriously made when I got back to the bedroom, and I spent alot of time wandering around the house looking for the buffet.)

A binding or thickening agent used in cooking

Yes, the cheese is (freshly) grated.

It is more helpful to understand the technique for making the liaison... so that the sauce turns out well. Hopefully that will improve your total experience.

Liaison in cooking is a binding agent.

Tn theory, a binding agent in cooking can be anything, such as bread crumbs or flour, but the term "liaison" is used almost exclusively to refer to a mixture of cream and egg yolks use to thicken soups or sauces.

The classic proportions are 3 egg yolks per 1 cup / 8 oz / 250ml of cream.

It's used to thicken soups and stews.

To use, you mix up the eggs and cream in a small bowl or large measuring jug, then add a bit of hot soup or stew liquid to it, stir it in, then add a bit more, stir, etc, till you have raised the temperature of the liason a good deal. This is called "tempering" it. Then you pour it into the soup. Pouring it directly into the soup without tempering it first causes the egg yolk in it to cook in little strings almost immediately, giving an undesirable curdled look to the soup or stew you have just laboured over.

In this case the hot liquid is the cream that you have heated up, per the recipe directions.

There's nothing to say, however, that a liaison in the kitchen has to be restricted to eggs and cream

(Copyright 2010 Practically Edible. All rights reserved and enforced.) Read more of this snippet here : http://www.practicallyedible.com/edible.nsf/pages/liaison#ixzz0q0AdjNkz

Ginger

I was raring to go till I go to the liaison part.......that's the part that looks hard.

I can never get myself to do the tempering step.....and am always sorry I didn't.

Is the Fettucine Alfredo on the always menu? Just like Duck Duck's recipe?

I've never ordered any of the always.....but I'll sure try it on my upcoming cruise.

The fettucine alfredo is always available. On one special night menu it wasn't on the menu, but our waiter who had realized our table of 6 had developed a serious addiction to it was able to get us all our appetizer size portions of it.

It is darned good. Ask for it with lobster or blacken (spicy, like Louisiana) chicken too. Princess dropped the ‘anytime New York Strip’ but they still have the Fettuccine Alfredo for dinner. Another thing you can (and should) ask for is the Escargot and the Lobster Ragu…… Oh My…. Very yummy.

As far as getting recipes from Princess goes, they do a great job providing them. At the bottom of the home page click on "contact us". On the right hand side is a link for general inquiries and recipe request.

As a home economist, your explanations about "liason" and tempering are good. Our table ordered "one for the table" every night and one night when nothing on the menu appealed to me I had a Caesar salad and fettucini :) YUM!

As a home economist, your explanations about "liason" and tempering are good. Our table ordered "one for the table" every night and one night when nothing on the menu appealed to me I had a Caesar salad and fettucini :) YUM!

My first undergrad degree was in home economics - but more importantly I grew up watching the incomparable Julia Child. :D

Archived