Harbor Lights or Rockley or Coconut Court Hotel

39august

Has anyone recently been to Coconut Court Hotel beach? Are there chairs and umbrellas for rent. How does the area of Rockley(Accra)beach compare to Harbor Lights and Coconut Court in terms of trees? I prefer a beach area with lots of palm trees. I would prefer to go to Harbor Lights since it is so much closer to the pier. But haven't seen a picture and don't know if there are palms there. The picture Aplmac posted of Coconut Court is so gorgeous! But, it is a long way from the pier.

Has anyone recently been to Coconut Court Hotel beach? Are there chairs and umbrellas for rent. How does the area of Rockley(Accra)beach compare to Harbor Lights and Coconut Court in terms of trees? I prefer a beach area with lots of palm trees. I would prefer to go to Harbor Lights since it is so much closer to the pier. But haven't seen a picture and don't know if there are palms there. The picture Aplmac posted of Coconut Court is so gorgeous! But, it is a long way from the pier.

Coconut Court does have some trees. Don't think they are palm tress though but the important thing is they provide shade;):D

I am sure Aplmac will have some pictures of these areas. He should be along shortly.:D:);)

Coconut Court does have some trees. Don't think they are palm tress though but the important thing is they provide shade;):D

I am sure Aplmac will have some pictures of these areas. He should be along shortly.:D:);)

Coconut Court Beach Hotel is only slightly further along (maybe 2 min drive) the south coast from Harbour Lights. They do have plenty of Palm and Almond Trees to sit under and nuff shade. You are encouraged to enjoy drinks and eats from the beach bar and restaurant in exchange for use of the chairs. No Umbrellas at all.

..here's a few pics of Coconut Court's nice beach..

CCbeach-223.jpg

CCbeach-230.jpg

and their cool tidepool, where you can swim with the cute lil fish..

CCfish-172.jpg

CCbeach-220.jpg

This last view is looking to your left (East) as you face the water

and will take you to the Eastern end of Coconut's Hastings Beach

where you can connect with the pleasant Boardwalk (1.2 kms. long = 3/4 mile approx.)

and where you'll find yourself at stunning Accra/Rockley Beach at its far end.

Two beach locales for the price of one.

Beat that! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Harbor lights doesn't have a lot of shade but you can hire umbrella's and chairs for a low sum, can't quite remember. Have just booked our next Caribbean Cruise just to go back to Harbor Lights, it was the most spectaculour and beautiful place I have ever visited. Taxi driver took us and returned a few hours later to take us back to the ship. sigh, can't wait :)

Harbor lights doesn't have a lot of shade but you can hire umbrella's and chairs for a low sum, can't quite remember.

Have just booked our next Caribbean Cruise just to go back to Harbor Lights,

- it was the most spectacular and beautiful place I have ever visited.

Geez, it's nice to know you like Carlisle Bay

(H.Lights, Boatyard and Lobster Alive are all on that long beach)

but you've never been over to Crane or Bottom Bay, have you? :)

BBay-794.jpg

Don't tell anyone but...this is Bottom Bay!

Archived