Sanctuary Menu

sueb

Is there a delivery charge for the smoothies I wonder? If so, that offsets a lot of the savings...

From what I can see, according to the menu, there is no charge for food but there is $3 charge per person per delivery.

I really like the idea that the mocktails and smoothies (which do have a charge ) are covered under the Ultimate drink card! That would make it worth buying if you plan on spending a lot of time in the Sanctuary and would enjoy juice and smoothies in the morning or to stave off late afternoon hunger. I could even see myself going for a walk in the morning and finishing off at the Sanctuary with a morning smoothie.

Yippee!!!

Smiles,Connie

Is the Sanctuary menu available for those who do not book a lounger there? I am willing to pay the "delivery fee" if that is what it takes to get items on that menu.

Has anyone ordered those items without reservations for the area?

As far as I know, its not. Not because of the exclusivity, but because there are no staff doing service to the general pool area with whom you could place an order..

You might consider asking at the sanctuary entrance if someone can arrange them for you. I would not be surprised if room service would not be able to accommodate as well, as they probably come from the room service kitchen. I think the smoothies are available at the poolside bars.

Is the Sanctuary menu available for those who do not book a lounger there? I am willing to pay the "delivery fee" if that is what it takes to get items on that menu.

Has anyone ordered those items without reservations for the area?

Is there a delivery charge for the smoothies I wonder? If so, that offsets a lot of the savings...

Good question? I wonder if they make the smoothies etc. at the Sanctuary? I somehow think they might? I'm sure that if they make them at the Sanctuary then there would be no charge.....otherwise it would be almost $7 for a smoothie including delivery!!? That would be "Steep"!

Connie

Good question? I wonder if they make the smoothies etc. at the Sanctuary? I somehow think they might? I'm sure that if they make them at the Sanctuary then there would be no charge.....otherwise it would be almost $7 for a smoothie including delivery!!? That would be "Steep"!

Connie

They don't make anything at the Sanctuary. The $3 delivery charge is because they have to go elsewhere to get the food and drinks.

Hmm, even with my Unlimited card that could make smoothies a pricey habit. Ah well, we'll know next Monday!

They don't make anything at the Sanctuary. The $3 delivery charge is because they have to go elsewhere to get the food and drinks.

Hmm, even with my Unlimited card that could make smoothies a pricey habit. Ah well, we'll know next Monday!

Hey Loonbeam....I am almost as excited as you about your trip because it will be great to get some "first hand" "accurate" information when you get back!

I bet your counting the sleeps now! Ha, Ha.

I wonder if the fruit infused water is also covered under the ultimate drink card? They also have spa & energy drinks.....teas etc. I wonder what card they would be covered under, if any??

Ahhh, so many questions, sooooo long to wait! Tee Hee

Smiles,connie

That I have info on. Any bottled beverage such as the Sobe is not covered by any card...

BTW I found some photos of the Island's sanctuary, if you google Island Princess sanctuary photos and look for blueheroncos flickr stream he has a couple of good ones (I'd link but using the ipad to post this and browsing on a PC)

Hey Loonbeam....I am almost as excited as you about your trip because it will be great to get some "first hand" "accurate" information when you get back!

I bet your counting the sleeps now! Ha, Ha.

I wonder if the fruit infused water is also covered under the ultimate drink card? They also have spa & energy drinks.....teas etc. I wonder what card they would be covered under, if any??

Ahhh, so many questions, sooooo long to wait! Tee Hee

Smiles,connie

Yes you do...to book for a day it is $20.00, 1/2 day it is $10.00. If you book it for the entire cruise (7 day cruise) it was $15.00/day. If you decide to do this, I would suggest going to Sanctuary as soon as you get on board. On our cruise in January, we were there by 12:15 and we managed to get the last two spots set aside for full cruise reservations.

Darlene

new to Princess-what is Sanctuary?

That I have info on. Any bottled beverage such as the Sobe is not covered by any card...

BTW I found some photos of the Island's sanctuary, if you google Island Princess sanctuary photos and look for blueheroncos flickr stream he has a couple of good ones (I'd link but using the ipad to post this and browsing on a PC)

I have a few that I saved....they may even be from his flickr photos!

4235270916_925eea092b.jpg

IslandPrincessSanctuarypictures.jpg

islandprincessthesanctuarypool.jpg

Loonbeam....could I ask you to let me know if there is a spot that has three lounge chairs together where one could move a little and be in the shade on occasion? Thanks!

Those do look like his. And yes, I will be happy to do so. We're looking for a pair of shady chairs ourselves...

Hmm. Is it a good omen USAir just sent me an email upgrading us to FC on our outbound leg? :)

Loonbeam....could I ask you to let me know if there is a spot that has three lounge chairs together where one could move a little and be in the shade on occasion? Thanks!

Those do look like his. And yes, I will be happy to do so. We're looking for a pair of shady chairs ourselves...

Hmm. Is it a good omen USAir just sent me an email upgrading us to FC on our outbound leg? :)

Belated Bon Voyage Loonbeam!!

As I type this you are on your first full day! I imagine you getting up and going to the Sanctuary for a coffee and smoothie and planning your day!

Hope you enjoy your cruise and I am really looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

Smiles, Connie

HI everyone! Great information and thank you to the poster of the menu. Sounds so fabulous! A couple quick questions regarding other amenities the Sanctuary might offer. Does the sanctuary have a pool? I noticed a cuzi but didn't see a pool. Also, does it have any steam rooms, sauna's ect? And While I am asking, if the sanctuary doesn't do you know if the gym does? Thank you all :D

HI everyone! Great information and thank you to the poster of the menu. Sounds so fabulous! A couple quick questions regarding other amenities the Sanctuary might offer. Does the sanctuary have a pool? I noticed a cuzi but didn't see a pool. Also, does it have any steam rooms, sauna's ect? And While I am asking, if the sanctuary doesn't do you know if the gym does? Thank you all :D

Yes, the pool in the sanctuary is on the smaller size. It is not a jacuzzi. The nice thing is this splash pool is private for Sanctuary guest use only.

There are no steam rooms or saunas which are part of the sanctuary, but, the spa has those amenities if you wish to use them there! :)

Here is a link to the Princess web site showing you the various pools and hot tubs available on the Island Princess. I could not see any listed in the gym other than a swim against the current pool?

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ip/amenities_publicrooms/activities/index.html

Connie

Yes, the pool in the sanctuary is on the smaller size. It is not a jacuzzi. The nice thing is this splash pool is private for Sanctuary guest use only.

There are no steam rooms or saunas which are part of the sanctuary, but, the spa has those amenities if you wish to use them there! :)

Here is a link to the Princess web site showing you the various pools and hot tubs available on the Island Princess. I could not see any listed in the gym other than a swim against the current pool?

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ip/amenities_publicrooms/activities/index.html

Connie

The pool that is by the Sanctuary on The Crown princess is not for Sanctuary guest use only. it's the Spa pool and open to all those over the age of 18.

It was my understanding that it was this way on any ship that does have the Sanctuary.

The pool that is by the Sanctuary on The Crown princess is not for Sanctuary guest use only. it's the Spa pool and open to all those over the age of 18.

It was my understanding that it was this way on any ship that does have the Sanctuary.

I can see where the confusion would come in! ;) I was referring to the Island Princess. It is infact a private pool for Sanctuary Guests Only.

Smiles, Connie

Yes, and it is very very nice - I have your info as requested BB, watch for an extended post from me as soon as I get it typed up.

I can see where the confusion would come in! ;) I was referring to the Island Princess. It is infact a private pool for Sanctuary Guests Only.

Smiles, Connie

we have used the sanctuary many times on various ship, you are not charged a delivery fee for a drink only order.

You are only charged the $3 if you order food.

One time on the Island they did charge us a fee for a smoothie drink and when i brought it to their attention they quickly removed the fee.

Vickie

Archived