Sanctuary Menu

sueb

Would this be a good place to view Glaciers while in Alaska in Sept.? Just wondering since it's outside, do they provide blankets, etc.? How many people total does it hold? I can definitely see the benefit when you are somewhere warm or if there are a lot of kids on the ship.

On the Alaska cruises, I did not find the Sanctuary to be crowded, so yes, this is a great place to view glaciers. I don't remember blankets, but they do have very fluffy warm towels. :)

The number of seats varies by ship class. The Island had just under 40...

Would this be a good place to view Glaciers while in Alaska in Sept.? Just wondering since it's outside, do they provide blankets, etc.? How many people total does it hold? I can definitely see the benefit when you are somewhere warm or if there are a lot of kids on the ship.

Yes, and it is very very nice - I have your info as requested BB, watch for an extended post from me as soon as I get it typed up.

Welcome Back!! Looking forward to hearing all about your time in the Sanctuary! My biggest hope is that you arrived to reserve your lounge chairs at around 12 noon and there was no problem with availability??

Being that there is limited space I can see how those who have priority boarding get first dibs.....and then depending on when you embark...there could be a possibility of all the spots being reserved?

Smiles,Connie

Yes you do...to book for a day it is $20.00, 1/2 day it is $10.00. If you book it for the entire cruise (7 day cruise) it was $15.00/day. If you decide to do this, I would suggest going to Sanctuary as soon as you get on board. On our cruise in January, we were there by 12:15 and we managed to get the last two spots set aside for full cruise reservations.

Darlene

Depends on the cruise if you want it for the entire time. We did a 7 day and reserved it as soon as we got on board and were glad we did-the ship was full-hard to get a lounge chair. On our 10 day cruise we did it again and a waste of money. He was never full, actually we were the only one's there sometime so of coarse the port days were wasted cause we were at the beach at each port. So you might want to consider if you want it for the full cruise or not.

claudia J

Archived