Driver from Civi to our hotel in Rome

Alistair

Two of us, and perhaps others who might be interested in sharing the ride, would like to get a driver from the port (Civi) to our Rome hotel in the city center. We will be on Azamara Journey arriving in port the morning of October 22. We don't need a tour, only the transfer to our hotel. I've done a fair amount of research and am finding a wide range of prices from 80E to 130E and higher. I've found two companies with very fair prices; they are Enrico at Jump Limousine Rome and Giovanni at Rome VIP Limousine. Has anyone had any experience or heard anything about either company? I just don't want to book a less expensive option and be left standing at the dock, and I don't want to have to deal with slupping luggage on the train and then have to find a cab from the Rome train station to our hotel. Any insights would be appreciated.

I booked Roma Shuttle last year (from Rome Airport to Civitavecchia). They did not turn up and did not answer the phone when I tried to call them from the airport. We had to rent a "normal" taxi, which was very difficult with 4 people and luggage.

Furthermore, Roma Shuttle has not responded to my e-mails after the cruise.

Screwcork (fed up with Roma Shuttle)

Roma Shuttle

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I booked Roma Shuttle last year (from Rome Airport to Civitavecchia). They did not turn up and did not answer the phone when I tried to call them from the airport. We had to rent a "normal" taxi, which was very difficult with 4 people and luggage.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

So sorry you had that happen - not a good way to get started. I will take Roma Shuttle off my list since it's not the way I want to end my trip! :eek:

Thanks!

sorry to hear that. Are you sure it is the same organization? There is another company called Rome Shuttle that I have not heard good reports about.

The problem is that so many of these companies have similar names!

Alistair,

We are arriving in Civi on Oct 2nd on AZ Quest. We were able to find 2 other couples very willing to share a ride into Rome centre on our Rollcall. I contacted Stefano of Romecabs, highly recommended on both Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor. Stefano replied within 12 hours of my email. Rate for 6 persons with luggage is 170 Euros, and he will take us to our respective hotels. I'm sure you can find fellow CC'ers willing to "share the ride" if you post on your Rollcall thread. As you state above, you don't want to end your trip with any problems!

We booked Rome Shuttle Limo in April, 2008. They didn't show up then either. You are wise to cross them off your list. People who take Rome Cabs have consistently good service, even when their flight is delayed.

We booked Rome Shuttle Limo in April, 2008. They didn't show up then either. You are wise to cross them off your list. People who take Rome Cabs have consistently good service, even when their flight is delayed.

Again, is this ROME SHUTTLE or ROMA SHUTTLE?

I am puzzled, as I have had good service from the latter and recommended them to others as well. I would really like to know, for future reference. Clearly, if ROMA SHUTTLE has become unreliable, I do not want to recommend them any more.

I have to confess I'm completely confused as to who the 'bad' company is - or is it both Rome Shuttle and Roma Shuttle? I think it'd be important to get that sorted out so we aren't giving a good company bad press, don't you? Also, I guess it's possible that there could have been some sort of communication breakdown when the driver was booked and we don't know if the booking was reconfirmed.

I'm back to wondering about the two companies I first asked about - Jump Limousine Rome (JLR) and Rome VIP has anyone heard of either company? I'll also check out Romecabs suggested by 2tsquared.

As far as using a public cab to get from the port into Rome, I'm not adverse to it, but was told there is usually a long line waiting for the cabs and that it's better to schedule transportation in advance.

We stayed at a hotel that made transfer arrangements (we had them arrange it for us from the airport to the hotel in Rome). If you are staying at a small hotel, it might be worth asking them if they do this. The price we paid was reasonable, and the service was very good.

Thanks Susan, I really appreciate your input - I previously checked with our hotel to find out if they offer a transfer service, and they don't. This just isn't that big a deal - it's great if answers can be found on CC or TA, but they can't and won't always be the one and only resource, so one just moves on to other resources to get the needed answers. No doubt there are many wonderful shuttle services in the area.

I have used Romecabs--Stevano several times and they are always very reliable. If you look at Fodors and Tripadvisor you will find that Romecabs has an excellent reputation.I literally have never heard anyone say anything negative about them.

Again, is this ROME SHUTTLE or ROMA SHUTTLE?

I am puzzled, as I have had good service from the latter and recommended them to others as well. I would really like to know, for future reference. Clearly, if ROMA SHUTTLE has become unreliable, I do not want to recommend them any more.

This is the information I have about the company which did not turn up, and which did not answer the phone:

info@rome-shuttle.com

elena.rome@tiscali.net

Tel. 0039 349 8187473

Screwcork

This is the information I have about the company which did not turn up, and which did not answer the phone:

info@rome-shuttle.com

elena.rome@tiscali.net

Tel. 0039 349 8187473

Screwcork

Thank you for clarifying -- that is NOT the same company as Roma Shuttle (link given in post #2).

Everyone please be careful to give accurate info about things like this! Roma Shuttle has been quite reliable for me and others to whom I've recommended them and I'd hate for them to lose business because of an error like this.

I'm really glad the confusion between these two companies was straightened out. Yes, the name Roma and Rome are almost interchangeable, but not when it comes to the actual company name and quality of service being provided. It's so important to get the company information correct especially when so many are relying on accurate information for planning purposes. This website is so important for reporting directly experienced situations whether a wondeful guide company, shuttle service or, on the other side of the coin, bad or unreliable experiences. It's really very unfortunate when a good company get's bad press because of inaccurate information, which has unfortunately happened here several times in the past few days. The good news is when others who know otherwise respond and help set the record straight.

OK - I'll get off my soapbox now! :o

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for clarifying -- that is NOT the same company as Roma Shuttle (link given in post #2).

Everyone please be careful to give accurate info about things like this! Roma Shuttle has been quite reliable for me and others to whom I've recommended them and I'd hate for them to lose business because of an error like this.

Just for info the link in post #2 for this company is not working for me.

• 1 month later...

For the Roma Shuttle FIUMICINO Airport transfers to Rome. Where do they stop in Rome for the drop-offs or pickups?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Archived