Please help with cabin selection for Liberty!

Okay, we have finally decided on the Liberty of the Seas. I just can't decide on the staterooms. We can either do 2 connecting (category Hm 2630 & 2632)ocean views mid/aft ship on deck 2 (not below the disco) or stay on deck 9 all the way aft in a D1 oceanview balcony connected to a category L inside (9696 & 9701).

Has anyone stayed in these rooms on deck 9 or stayed on deck 2? It's $579 more to go with the balcony/inside rooms on 9. Is it worth it? Also, how about being all the way aft. Since I have never been on the freedom class, is it a bigger pain to be all the way aft or to be on deck 2? What would you do?

You'll definitely love the balcony.

An ocean view is a waste of money in my opinion. If I don't get a balcony, I get an inside.

Unless you have kids in the next cabin and need adjoining, I'd recommend you don't. You lose storage space in cabins that adjoin.

Being far aft or forward is not ideal.

The best place on RCL ships is near aft elevators.

I agree! Why torture yourself with the "ocean view" when you can have a balcony room and enjoy, see, feel, smell and experience the "real ocean view".

Also I am always told that the higher you go the smoother the ride. In April we had a balcony suite on the Liberty on deck 9, it was mid ship but we did not feel a thing until the last night of the cruise due to a windy night.

BTW, the Liberty is beautiful and you are going to have a great time regardless of which selection you make.

Okay, we have finally decided on the Liberty of the Seas. I just can't decide on the staterooms. We can either do 2 connecting (category Hm 2630 & 2632)ocean views mid/aft ship on deck 2 (not below the disco) or stay on deck 9 all the way aft in a D1 oceanview balcony connected to a category L inside (9696 & 9701).

Has anyone stayed in these rooms on deck 9 or stayed on deck 2? It's $579 more to go with the balcony/inside rooms on 9. Is it worth it? Also, how about being all the way aft. Since I have never been on the freedom class, is it a bigger pain to be all the way aft or to be on deck 2? What would you do?

I was also looking at the (9696 and 9701) combination until I noticed that the balcony on 9696 is a good bit smaller than the others and therefore not worth the money IMHO. We are now looking at an inside across from another balcony.

I was also looking at the (9696 and 9701) combination until I noticed that the balcony on 9696 is a good bit smaller than the others and therefore not worth the money IMHO. We are now looking at an inside across from another balcony.

Just saw from another post that the other cabin is for an 8, 6, and 2 yr old. You need to be in a family cabin, not leaving them across the hall. Better yet, leave them with grandma at home.

Just saw from another post that the other cabin is for an 8, 6, and 2 yr old. You need to be in a family cabin, not leaving them across the hall. Better yet, leave them with grandma at home.

Wondering why you quoted me on your answer:confused: I am cruising with teenagers. I was just advising the OP that the balcony on 9696 is a smaller one.

If the OP gets connecting cabins there is no problem with the ages of the children. One of the parents might be planning to be in each room. Cruises are good family vacations and many companies are marketing directly to this age group - I don't think my teenager will be attracted by Shrek and Donkey.

9696 balcony is smaller than what other balconies? Are they smaller than standard or just smaller than the ones at the very back of the boat?

If you look at the cabin category descriptions the D1 category balconies list a 214 Sq ft cabin with a 42 square foot balcony but the E1's which are cheaper show a 177 Sq ft cabin with 74 sq ft balcony. The D1's have a bigger cabin smaller balcony and the E1's have a smaller cabin and bigger balcony. The balcony size is more important to me as we spend a lot of time there.

The aft balconies are bigger than stated. I have 7708 booked on Freedom and have had the same E1 on Mariner and it is approx. 10' x 15' which is the biggest on the ship other than the large suites.

Wondering why you quoted me on your answer:confused: I am cruising with teenagers. I was just advising the OP that the balcony on 9696 is a smaller one.

If the OP gets connecting cabins there is no problem with the ages of the children. One of the parents might be planning to be in each room. Cruises are good family vacations and many companies are marketing directly to this age group - I don't think my teenager will be attracted by Shrek and Donkey.

Sorry, didn't mean to quote you previously.

The OP is talking now about a cabin across the hall for the 8 and 6 yr old. Thats' too young IMO

If you are looking at the D1/L combo, I'm not sure you can do that with 3 kids. The L is a double occupancy as well as the D1. Unless they are not counting your youngest as a berth (which I believe they do regardless of age) you cannot fit 5 people in those 2 cabins.

I have a family cruising on Freedom on that D1/L combo and we've seen it on Liberty. We thought it was a perfect idea, giving privacy and space as well as 2 bathrooms. We have an a JS full aft so the walk is fine for us.

And for our family, the extra space in the cabin is more important that the extra sf on the balcony. While a bit extra out there is nice, I need room inside to move around.

Archived