Booking now for May 2011

I always book WAY ahead of time. It allows us to pick our cabin, and if the price does go down (prior to final payment) you can call RCCL and ask for a price adjustment. You really get the best of both worlds doing it this way!

If you book right when bookings open you have a good chance of getting a good price. Itinerary prices vary however, and one sailing may be heavily discounted while one a week after is not. It's really a crapshoot now that they have taken away discounts after final.

My advice is to look at a lot of cruises, even ones you might not take, to be able to compare prices and see when something might be a good value. Pick a similar category of room on various ships sailing to the same general area for the same number of nights at different times of year.

I always book WAY ahead of time. It allows us to pick our cabin, and if the price does go down (prior to final payment) you can call RCCL and ask for a price adjustment. You really get the best of both worlds doing it this way!

That's exactly why we book well in advance. Last cruise, we were able to take advantage of three price reductions before our final payment and we had the cabin we wanted. :cool: But, Oasis and Allure are the hottest ships, so there may not be that much fare wiggle room.

This policy has changed, price drops are no longer honored after final payment.

I think that's what rummenroman was saying.

I agree, also, that booking in advance is a good idea. You can always cancel before final payment if you see another cruise that you prefer, or one that is cheaper. Cabin selection is important to us, too, so we book way in advance for that reason,too. I frequently get price drops after I book, but I make the decision based on the price I pay at booking: it's got to be what we think is a good price to begin with. You cannot be guaranteed of a later lower price.

I always book 12-18 months in advance to get the room I want. I never make the final payment until the day it is due so that I can watch for the price drops. Also as others have said the price can depend on the time of year. When ever the schools are out the prices are higher. We are booked on the Allure on 5/22/11.

I booked our May 2011 Oasis cruise in Jan of this year. After the pre inaugural, and inaugural sailings.,I wanted our twins to experience this awesome ship. Booked it for their high school graduation next year. :D I've always booked at least a year out to get a good choice of cabins, at a price we're ok with. Thankfully, all our bookings were made before the new price drop policy. Not so sure I'll be booking any more so early. Have to wait and see how how things go.

Archived