Summit CC Balconies

cookie1961

Hi everyone,

My DH and I will be sailing on Summit. Right now we have cabin 9160 booked. It's an Aft CC balcony cabin.

Can anyone tell us if there are bigger and better situated balcony cabins in this category?

For some reason, I can't get the Search component on this site to work :(

Thanks so much,

Teri

Bigger: the afts on 7 are largest, but only slightly,then those on 8 and finally those on 9. But the difference is not going to be very noticeable until you try to have a party with 8 or 10 people :D. Noise sometimes more of a problem because of the bar being directly above. Chairs are repositioned, ofttimes early in the day, and sometimes there is music that can be bothersome. But it is still an awesome cabin :D.

Thanks Biker :)

I have never had a balcony before and I will be celebrating my 50th so I really want to get a GREAT cabin :) We aren't sailing until next May and I may be able to get an AFT on another.

What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Teri

Hi everyone,

My DH and I will be sailing on Summit. Right now we have cabin 9160 booked. It's an Aft CC balcony cabin.

Can anyone tell us if there are bigger and better situated balcony cabins in this category?

For some reason, I can't get the Search component on this site to work :(

Thanks so much,

Teri

Teri, I think you have a great cabin. Aft cabins are highly coveted and sought after as the balconies are much larger on the M class ships. You are also right next door to a suite, so your cabin steward will probably be the same one servicing the suites and you will get better service (or so I'm told). I would think your location would be a great advantage because you are close to the elevators and stairs and just one floor below the buffet and pool area.

Just in case you want to check out the other cabins in concierge class, here are the cabins that are supposed to have larger balconies.

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170 (these four are aft)

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206 (all aft)

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144 (no aft cabins)

Check out this thread. There are pictures of 9162 inside and outside the cabin, the balcony and the back of the ship so you can see what it looks like.

Congratulations on getting a balcony cabin and an aft one at that. I have to warn you, once you cruise with a balcony, there's no going back. :D Really nice to sit out on the balcony and eat breakfast or just watch the wake behind the ship.

Enjoy your cruise. We LOVED the Summit.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1102608

Teri, I think you have a great cabin. Aft cabins are highly coveted and sought after as the balconies are much larger on the M class ships. You are also right next door to a suite, so your cabin steward will probably be the same one servicing the suites and you will get better service (or so I'm told). I would think your location would be a great advantage because you are close to the elevators and stairs and just one floor below the buffet and pool area.

Just in case you want to check out the other cabins in concierge class, here are the cabins that are supposed to have larger balconies.

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170 (these four are aft)

CC-7203,7212,7208,7206 (all aft)

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144 (no aft cabins)

Check out this thread. There are pictures of 9162 inside and outside the cabin, the balcony and the back of the ship so you can see what it looks like.

Congratulations on getting a balcony cabin and an aft one at that. I have to warn you, once you cruise with a balcony, there's no going back. :D Really nice to sit out on the balcony and eat breakfast or just watch the wake behind the ship.

Enjoy your cruise. We LOVED the Summit.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1102608

Thanks for the link KitKat. We have that cabin for our Feb cruise on the Summit. Now I am really excited.

We had 7208 on our last cruise. HUGE balcony. (ETA: I swear I resized these... sorry theyre huge)

cruise2010010.jpg

cruise2010011.jpg

cruise2010012.jpg

View looking up

cruise2010013.jpg

Sorry I hated duplicating the photos but I have a question...is the balcony really that cave like? It seems very closed in. I have that cabin booked for April 2011 but might consider moving it is that dark. Donna

We had 7208 on our last cruise. HUGE balcony. (ETA: I swear I resized these... sorry theyre huge)

cruise2010010.jpg

cruise2010011.jpg

cruise2010012.jpg

View looking up

cruise2010013.jpg

Why was there a sofa on your balcony???? Did you move that out there? Did your cabin attendant allow that? I would think they would not want the furniture moved outdoors.

Jo-Ann

I did not feel closed in at all. It depended on which way we were going how much sun we had. But even on the real sunny days, we still had some shade back toward the cabin.

I'm curious about the sofa too. They did get us 2 extra chairs (for our company) but I never thought about moving the sofa outside!!

I did not feel closed in at all. It depended on which way we were going how much sun we had. But even on the real sunny days, we still had some shade back toward the cabin.

I'm curious about the sofa too. They did get us 2 extra chairs (for our company) but I never thought about moving the sofa outside!!

Moving sofa outside? What a great idea. We'll be in 8170 on Millennium this coming September.

I don't think Celebrity would appreciate their "indoor" furniture being used outdoors. I know those balconies are covered, but isn't there still a chance the elements could wreck the furniture? The heat and humidity????

I don't think I'd want to be using a sofa that had been exposed to the elements the week before I boarded. Not that I'd know, but still....the outdoor furniture takes a beating and it's meant for outdoor use. If others start doing this, Celebrity will be forced to replace the furniture sooner than anticipated, I would suspect.

It wasnt always that dark, part of the darkness has to do with the camera exposure setting, and also the time of day. Most of the balcony IS shaded, but it never felt cavelike, I assure you. As for the sofa, we were allowed to move it out, though I dont know if there is a particular policy about it or anything. By the end of the week it did smell like ocean air, but it wasnt damp/ diry or anything by any means at all. We also had 2 long lounge chairs and 2 regular upright lounge chiars, plus the table out there, in addition to keeping the sofa, our stroller and a 54in kiddie pool out there. Still had TONS of space. Room attendant brought us a 5 gal bucket to fill it from our shower.

Hi everyone,

We changed our room to 7203. Mr. Mobster, thanks so much for the photos :) They were great and helped in making our decision.

We are heading to Bermuda on this trip and I just noticed that Norwegian Gem will be docked with Summit for the entire trip at King's Wharf for the same three days. Does anyone know how the ships will be positioned while docked there?

Thanks so much :)

Sorry I hated duplicating the photos but I have a question...is the balcony really that cave like? It seems very closed in. I have that cabin booked for April 2011 but might consider moving it is that dark. Donna

We had one of these staterooms several years ago, and compared to a standard CC balcony along the side of the ship, they are somewhat 'cave like'. My DW and I like to be able to see the water from our bed, which is nearly impossible with these long balonies. In the standard balconies you feel much closer to the water when inside the stateroom.

We have never booked another again.

cruise2010010.jpg

cruise2010011.jpg

cruise2010012.jpg

View looking up

cruise2010013.jpg

Thanks for the photos. We're booked on 7208 on the Constellation for April 2011.

Bob

CIMG0035.jpg.44f2833dc1789e6de9dca13d3e4973df.jpg

We were on the Summit to Bermuda on May 30 and were in 7203. Loved Concierge class-this was our first time really pampering ourselves with a great room. Say hi to Newton, the room steward-he was terrific.

By the way-you have a choice of sun or shade because the overhang covers about 3/4 of the balcony. When you walk to the railing (not seen because that's where I took the px) you can talk to your neighbor on the right or left but when you are sitting under the overhang, it's pretty private.

We are heading to Bermuda on this trip and I just noticed that Norwegian Gem will be docked with Summit for the entire trip at King's Wharf for the same three days. Does anyone know how the ships will be positioned while docked there?

We were just on the May 30 Summit to Bermuda and all 3 days in Kings Wharf we had the Norwegian Dawn docked face to face with us (bow to bow). Aft balconies had a beautiful water view the whole time that was mostly private (other than people like me shooting envious looks from the ferry as we passed by :D).

As for the sofa, we were allowed to move it out, though I dont know if there is a particular policy about it or anything. By the end of the week it did smell like ocean air, but it wasnt damp/ diry or anything by any means at all. We also had 2 long lounge chairs and 2 regular upright lounge chiars, plus the table out there, in addition to keeping the sofa, our stroller and a 54in kiddie pool out there. Still had TONS of space. Room attendant brought us a 5 gal bucket to fill it from our shower.

Thanks for the photos! They're going up on my wall at work, along with some others I found of Summit 7208. My coworkers stop to admire, and assume these are pix I took on our last cruise. They look at me a little funny when I explain that, no, these are shots of the cabin we'll be in next February.:cool:

Now that I've seen the couch moved outside, it'll be hard to resist the temptation to ask to do it ourselves-- I wonder if it will still have that ocean air aroma by then? But, as others mentioned, I'm not so sure it's good for the furniture to be exposed like that. I want to be considerate of the next person in that cabin, and at some point, I would think it would get a bit weatherbeaten if everyone did it.

Now, the kiddie pool is something we might do for ourselves! Years ago, when the kids were little, we set a large one up in the backyard, and it was about two feet deep, sixteen feet across, and you could float on your back. Many a hot summer night, DW and I would take a midnight swim in it to cool off. I wonder what we could fit in there that would accommodate two adults?:rolleyes:;):confused:

We just got off the Summit and had cabin 7208. We loved it, but we did have soot on our balcony on the way home. Newton was our room steward and took care of it right away.

We were docked aft to aft with the Dawn on this trip.

Archived