Princess cancelling Israel Ports

Kugel

Is it true that Princess has decided to cancel all Israel ports on their future cruises and added Egypt instead? I heard this in an email today from a friend. I am booked next April on Royal Caribbean and concerned if true one line might follow another.

anyone hear anything?

So far as I know, Princess has only cancelled one port in Israel one time (Ashdod, immediately following the event a couple of weeks ago.)

However, this could be a new announcement. I'd suggest posting your question on the Princess boards. I'd be very interested in knowing the answer as well, as I have a HAL cruise coming up with 2 ports in Israel and would hate to see them cancelled. (And my final payment is coming up in a couple of weeks!)

Edited to add: I went ahead and posted the question on the Princess board.

We are sailing Pacific Princess July 26th stopping at Israel and have not received any notification from Princess that they have changed the ports of call.:confused:

I spoke to Princess this morning and they did not mention anything then although I didn't ask.

Babs

It's a hoax:

As reported on the website Boycott Watch:

Summary: An email is circulating claiming a cruise line is boycotting Israel, but that is not the case. Boycott Watch reviewed the boycott call and we are posting our complete findings here.

You can view the entire article here:

http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/PrincessCruise.htm

There is no reason at the present time or in the foreseeable future to be concerned about cancellations of Israeli port stops, either in Ashdod or Haifa.

We're safe, we're calm, and we're enjoying life - and you'll enjoy your visit!

Ruth

• 2 weeks later...

Just came home from 12 days in Israel.

We were in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Haifa, Dead Sea, Golan Heights, and lots in between, including right by the Lebanon and Syrian borders.

You wouldn't know that anything is going on with all this flotilla nonsense.

Everything is peaceful and good.

• 2 weeks later...

When Princess makes a change like this, they notify all booked passengers. We are booked on a trip to China next year and we were due to embark in Bangkok. The problems in Bangkok make the embarkation logistics difficult so they decided to change embarkation to Singapore (which was due to be our first port). The ship will still go to Bangkok but not for embarkation or disembarkation. They notified us of the decision immediately.

If the port is a port of embarkation or disembarkation the decision would be made well in advance if that is possble as in the example above involving Bangkok given the ramifications to airline reservations. If it is a port sometime between embarkation and disembarkation the cruise line can make that decision much closer to the time of the voyage.

Keith

GThere are many dangerous areas of the world. Cruise lines (including Princess) keep an eye on conditions and make adjustments when necessary for the safety of passengers.

Last fall, we were on the Tahitian/Ocean Princess and scheduled to stop in the Seychelles. There were 6 pirate attacks there in the two weeks before our visit. The captain announced that we would be skipping that port and sailing east about 500 miles to avoid the area.

GThere are many dangerous areas of the world. Cruise lines (including Princess) keep an eye on conditions and make adjustments when necessary for the safety of passengers.

Last fall, we were on the Tahitian/Ocean Princess and scheduled to stop in the Seychelles. There were 6 pirate attacks there in the two weeks before our visit. The captain announced that we would be skipping that port and sailing east about 500 miles to avoid the area.

I just want to note that their insurance companies also keep an eye no this and there are times they require the cruise lines to alter plans.

Keith

Archived