Randi's Happy Horses Question

MikeM

:D:eek: OMG those are gorgeous. That is it I am sold we are going to book her if we can. Do you happen to know how far out one can book with her? i am sure she fills up fast....does she have a lot of horses??:D

I believe she'll take reservations more than a year in advance. On our last cruise, we booked about 14 months before the fact. Don't know how many horses she has, but usually its been about 15-20 twenty people riding.

Sweet! We just placed a courtesy hold on a HAL cruise and once all is confirmed with our TA tomorrow I think I am going to email her and set this up. If you couldnt tell I am a planner.....LOL:p I wanted to do horses in the W Caribbean.....but there were so many other things to do as well. Glad I will get to fullfill this wish and that I am going with someone so highly recommended!

lol, cruzrbachoua.....I love your enthusiasm! They have plenty of horses, so they can match everyone up with a horse that matches their experience.

As far as how far out you can book.....I've booked a year or more out. When you know your date, just drop her an email and ask about her availability. :)

We'll be expecting photos when you return! ;)

Oh most definitely. It will be a hoot the closest my DH and I have come to being on horses is ponies when we were younger and seeing the horses at our local fair. I used to go with a friend who took horse riding lessons, so I have been up close with them so I know I wont be afraid of them......balancing on one.........well hey it will be an expierience......LOL:D I will for sure be emailing her probably today or this weekend, once we are all confirmed with our TA. giddy up!

I have rode 4 times with Randi's happy horses...she is like a friend :p

My 3 tips...wear long pants, taking extra $$ as the jewelry sold on the beach by Randi's friend is excellent, and order coconut shrimp at Victor's where Randi meets you after your ride to buy you a beer or soft drink...even if you hate coconut like I do :D

You will have a safe and fabulous ride!!

I have rode 4 times with Randi's happy horses...she is like a friend :p

My 3 tips...wear long pants, taking extra $$ as the jewelry sold on the beach by Randi's friend is excellent, and order coconut shrimp at Victor's where Randi meets you after your ride to buy you a beer or soft drink...even if you hate coconut like I do :D

You will have a safe and fabulous ride!!

Really wear long pants? why? we are going in October.....wouldnt it be too hot to sit around on the beach/Victors in pants? are we able to do shorts and sneakers or shorts and flip flops.....i was trying to look at some of her photos and i thought i saw some in the shorts and flip flops....but i am new to the horse riding......

have known her for over 7years...great times and her people are great!

here are our pics with her over the years..also included some of her baby pics, her gramma dorothy coon and her mama zanna in the framed pic...quite a gal...they don't make them like anymore...

http://picasaweb.google.com/HOMMEBRONZE11/Randa#

Really wear long pants? why? we are going in October.....wouldnt it be too hot to sit around on the beach/Victors in pants? are we able to do shorts and sneakers or shorts and flip flops.....i was trying to look at some of her photos and i thought i saw some in the shorts and flip flops....but i am new to the horse riding......

She recommends you wear long pants and close toed shoes. The wife and kids wore long pants each time we rode, but I wore shorts each time. I never had a problem, but some people have reported some problems with shorts. Victor's, the restaurant you go to after has bathrooms you can change in after if you wish.

Yeah she emailed me back and spoke of a woman gettin shaffed (sp?) cause she wore short shorts.......while i do not wear those shorts do ride up. She said capris would also be good......i think i will do those, DH always wears shorts as he wears the long cargo type. Then for shoes i beleive we still some water shoes from when we went to the carib. so those are pretty comfy and sturdy as we climbed a waterfall in those babies, then we dont have to worry about wet sneakers if we get near the water or god forbid, knock on wood one of us falls off. LOL She also mentioned we could bring stuff to change into at Victors. She was very nice and we are all booked with her......LOVE IT! :D I feel more comfortable doing this excursion on our own since it is with someone spoken so highly of on these boards.

have known her for over 7years...great times and her people are great!

here are our pics with her over the years..also included some of her baby pics, her gramma dorothy coon and her mama zanna in the framed pic...quite a gal...they don't make them like anymore...

We have known Randi about that long as well. You are right - one of a kind. We are visiting her this Sept - can't wait. Has been way too long.

To the question on what to wear, we all wore capris and the guys wore the longer shorts - with water shoes of some kind as our feet always seem to get wet.

Have a great time all - this is the best tour.

Sweet! that is exactly what I was thinking to wear. Now if I could only find those darn water shoes from 2007 when we went to the W. Carib.... oh well they are soo cheap if I cant find them wallyworld has them......we just saw them as a matter of fact.......lol:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I have a silly question....do you get to ride the horses in the water a bit or just along the beach?

They do not want you in the water. My boys kept getting reminders to "steer clear of the water".

You can also ask for the City Tour when booking with Randi. She knows Mazatlan Frank very well and can help with your reservations with him as well. I know I enjoyed both. I did the Horses in the a.m. and the city Tour in the p.m. It was really nice.

• 1 month later...

Archived