Recent Nachi Cocum reviews?

TurnLeftKasey

I went through the 38 pages in the Nachi Cocum thread... I feel like the reviews are getting worse the most recent the posts. And that thread is only a year old - to the DAY.

I'm not concerned about the missing chair mats, or if there is lobster or not... I'm just wanting to go somewhere less crowded (like this, 100 people max), and it to be all-inclusive WITH great service.

My main questions are towards the timely of the waitstaff. I don't want to have to wait and wait and wait on a refill, NOR do I expect them to bring them automatically, just when I am 75% done, come over and ask me if I care for another one, thats all :D

Any recent (month or so) issues with that? Thanks a million!

I was there the last week of May, this was my second time. The service was not good. Long waits between drinks and we had to go to the bar to get menus for lunch. No waiter. Food was ok but took a while after the order was placed to get it. Waiters were few and far between. There were only 40-50 people there. Not sure what has happened to Nachi but it was not like this the first time I went (about 3 years ago)

I will go somewhere else next time.

went to nachi last week and loved it..... very peaceful,was nice to have a quiet day..... pretty beach,not many people at all and the ones that were there left fairly early,I think my husband and I were the last there,almost until when they closed at 5pm....... we had Carlos for a waiter and he was EXCELLENT. friendly,was right there when we got to our seats bringing us drinks and he came around constantly making sure we were ok,wanted anything....... When I say constant not annoying at all. he even waved to us when were in the water asking if we wanted another drink.... I should say he was very attentive. NO complaints AT ALL about service.....

thought the food was good,had appetizers in the beach but then at lunch time it was pretty hot so we asked Carlos if we could eat up at the bar area where there were lots of tables,fans,under cover..... he said no problem I will meet you up there.. he came right up took our lunch order and the food was great. ha the salsa was pretty spicey,they did warn us....

after lunch back to the beach.... more drinks and dessert..... end of day went up to change and say near bar and Carlos served us more drinks before leaving......

very happy with the day.....

it is a quiet beach,no loud music or activities,or all the stuff to play on in the water but that was fine....... not many kids there....... but that was just fine... :-) husband and I away without kids.....

I was at Nachi on 5/22. We had excellent service by the waiter that everyone loves. I already forgot his name. No wait for food or drink. Actually had to many drinks that were wasted due to the heat!!! We were the only ship in port for most of the day. There was hardly anyone at the beach. Maybe 20. I think it totally depends on how many people are there. We will not do it again at this time of year. It was so hot we only ordered one dinner, to hot to eat a big meal. The food was excellent though!!! We had Fajitas, guac (THE BESTE EVER!!!!), pina coladas and beer.

I know this sounds bad but my only peeve about the place is everyone who works there brought there kids there that day. They had about 10 all togther. No english speaking kids and they had the run of the pool. It was not bad and they were pretty well behaved. However I would have rathered them not laugh at my kid, who was trying to make friends with them (he is 4).. Anyway again it was not a big deal and I got a kick out of it when they were talking in spanish and my 4 year old started trying to talk to them in spanish, only problem is HE DOES NOT KNOW SPANISH... lol, it was hilarious...

We were there in the end of April and not one complaint for the day...drinks and food were fast...our waiter was fun and always moving...

We had the "noahs ark" bar this last time...we wanted to try all the drinks so we just got 2 of everything. and if you want a stronger drink, just ask for a shot to pour over top, they will bring whatever you ask. :D

Im young, my body doesnt need chair pads and all that, I was swimming and drinking the whole time..getting my moneys worth and more. lol :D

I really do think that people set there expectations way to high and are dissapointed at things no matter what the out come is. This is not just a Nachi I speak of. :rolleyes:

Just got back from Nachi. We were there June 12th and it was AMAZING! There was 4 couples that went. And it was all of our first time there. I was the main planner and really had a hard time deciding between Nachi and Paradise Beach. I am SO GLAD that we choose Nachi. It was very peaceful and deserted. We felt like the only ones there. 2 of us even fell asleep there on the beach. We had Carlos and he did a Wonderful job. Never seemed to aggravate us...but I swear to you I could think "hum...I think I want another drink.." and he would show up. We went to lunch around 11am and sat down to order and we filled up on nachos and our appitizers, so we asked Carlos if we could go back to the beach and come back when we got hungry again and he said No problem. He also offered to bring our food to the beach. The pool was very relaxing to and a jacuzy in it next to the swim up bar. We are not big drinkers but did have a few. We felt like we ABSOLUTLEY got our $$$$$ worth. To me....the gaucamole was worth it alone. We ordered what we wanted to and never got turned away (so ppl only said you can order 1 app. 1 entree and 1 desert) Also..MUST TRY coconut ice cream and vanilla Ice cream. I could go on and on about this place. I was in your same shoes 2 weeks ago trying to decide where to go. I would def. go back her if it's me and the hubby and we wanted quiet time again. We had a great time.

P.S-We had such great service that all of our party even tipped our waitor MORE! GREAT SLICE OF HEAVEN!:rolleyes:

I went through the 38 pages in the Nachi Cocum thread... I feel like the reviews are getting worse the most recent the posts. And that thread is only a year old - to the DAY.

I'm not concerned about the missing chair mats, or if there is lobster or not... I'm just wanting to go somewhere less crowded (like this, 100 people max), and it to be all-inclusive WITH great service.

My main questions are towards the timely of the waitstaff. I don't want to have to wait and wait and wait on a refill, NOR do I expect them to bring them automatically, just when I am 75% done, come over and ask me if I care for another one, thats all :D

Any recent (month or so) issues with that? Thanks a million!

This is making me feel better and better.

I am one who is pretty easy to please. I'm looking to surprise my mom with a cruise (and Cozumel is one of the stops) and I just wanted to make it special, I think she would enjoy an all-inclusive beach day (as would I!)

Last question - I read someone that no food or drinks were served prior to noon, is that true?

My wife and I visited in Feb during our honeymoon and had a good time there. This was my 2nd time in Cozumel, my first time I went to paradise beach which is free entry and pay as you go. Paradise beach is much smaller, but has great food and drinks at a decent price, as well as $1 a minute beachside massages! Nachi was worth the money for us, as we drank quite a bit and received more food than we could possibly finish. The food was excellent including the desserts. The beach is beautiful, everyone gets a palapa and chairs, and it is very quiet and relaxing there. The service we felt was sub par though, but it could have just been our waiter. When we arrived, we got our two chairs, but didn't have a table. I asked our waiter numerous times for our waiter to bring us a table to put our food and drinks and it took him about 45 minutes to bring one out. The food came out rather quickly, but we found ourselves waiting on drink refills sometimes, so I would just go to the bar to get them when he wasn't around. We had also booked a massage appointment, but it seemed like they didn't have it on record, so we basically had to reschedule for a few hours later than what we had booked. Even then, wait until they called us. The massage was very good though and very reasonably priced. I think it was $40 for 30 minutes.

If you know you are going to drink and eat a lot, over $50 worth, I would definitely recommend this place. Also if you are looking for some peace and quiet with not too many kids around, this is a good choice. Paradise Beach is a nice place also with very nice facilities, bathrooms, showers, lockers, etc. It's just a $10 food/drink minimum per person. I would recommend this for anyone just looking for a nice inexpensive beach day.

Was there in march with my wife.Had poor service had to ask waiter for drinks when he was near other people.If not he never came over and I was not even near the end of the lounger area.

Had lunch great food service horribly slow 45 min.s to get food after order .Waiter never came back to ask us about desert so we skipped it. and then left after about being there about 4 hrs in total.

We have been to Cozumel numerous time first time at Nachi probably would not go again heard of great service didn't see it.

I actually had planned to tip at least $10-$15 each for me and wife couldn't

do so since after lunch he never came back so just left.

We may try Sancho's next time ,go back to chakanaab instead which we also like.

We are going there on legend labor day wk 2010 and am not planning to go to Nachi wife agreed.

Was there in march with my wife.Had poor service had to ask waiter for drinks when he was near other people.If not he never came over and I was not even near the end of the lounger area.

Had lunch great food service horribly slow 45 min.s to get food after order .Waiter never came back to ask us about desert so we skipped it. and then left after about being there about 4 hrs in total.

We have been to Cozumel numerous time first time at Nachi probably would not go again heard of great service didn't see it.

I actually had planned to tip at least $10-$15 each for me and wife couldn't

do so since after lunch he never came back so just left.

We may try Sancho's next time ,go back to chakanaab instead which we also like.

We are going there on legend labor day wk 2010 and am not planning to go to Nachi wife agreed.

We had this same sort of service on June 7th. We also were never offered dessert so didn't get it. At this point the waiter was not coming back at all. I can't remember if he came back after lunch at all. We gave up on getting drinks from him. We only received 2 drinks each from him and that was waiting over an hour in between. We started going to the bar to get them. Wasn't exactly speedy service there either but at least we could be persistant about it while standing there waiting. On the plus side the banana daquiri was delicious as well as the food and it's a beautiful place. Enjoyed the pool. After the daquiri had to switch to beer as that got the quickest response. I would try another place the next time I visit Cozumel.

Just returned from Nachi, June 17th. We had a wonderful time. My kids are 16, 15 and 13. Although there was no toys, there were floats available for $7. The beach was beautiful, clean blue water. We brought our own snorkeling equipment and did some snorkeling just by the beach.

Our waiter was Manuel and he was excellent, always available. We ate lunch in the restaurant but you could eat it on the beach. We all agreed about the guacamole, one of the best. When we were ready to leave, they already had the taxi called for us. I would definitely recommend the place for a nice quiet beach day.

We reserved on line and had no problem getting to the place.

We were at Nachi on June 9th. It was WONDERFUL! Carlos was our waiter and he was excellent! Always asking us if we needed anything and we never had to wait long for our drinks. The drinks were great and it seemed that they got stronger as the day went on.....probably not so, but it sure seemed like it to me! My kids had virgin drinks, cokes and bottled water throughout the day.

The food was excellent! It is true that they do not serve food until noon, but we had drinks upon arrival. Carlos even came to let us know that the kitchen was open and brought us our menus. We ate in the covered table area by the bar. I had the grilled shrimp, my husband had the grilled fish, daughter had beef fajitas and my son had chicken tacos. We were offered desert but hubby and I declined since we were stuffed, kids ordered ice cream (of all things). Everything that we ordered was perfect and we did not have to wait long for our food! I can not say enough great things about this place. It was one of the highlights of my cruise and well worth the money!:)

I'm thinking that Nachi is good if there are 50 people or less and they can keep up. the day we were there, June 7th, it was full and we just didn't get good service at all. They only had ONE bartender and two servers for the whole place! And the bartender that was there was overwhelmed and seemed to shut down and not want to work at all. Food was good but service was lacking. We are a family of five and this was an expensive day and we feel we just didn't our money worth. Wish there was a way to tell how many reservations they have before you go. I would hesitate to go here again and have the same experience.

I'm thinking that Nachi is good if there are 50 people or less and they can keep up. the day we were there, June 7th, it was full and we just didn't get good service at all. They only had ONE bartender and two servers for the whole place! And the bartender that was there was overwhelmed and seemed to shut down and not want to work at all. Food was good but service was lacking.

I think that really gets to the core of it. They have the same amount of staff, whether there's twenty guests or eighty. Two guys work the drink service for the guests along the beach, one bartender, and I think one (maybe two) servers for the restaurant area.

It's easy for the bartender to get overwhelmed, especially if there's a demanding bunch at the swim-up bar. The two servers can get really tied up by a crowd near the palapa as well.

We absolutely loved Nachi the first time we were there, in 2007, but I doubt that there were more than 20 guests that day. On our latest visit, May 2010, there were at least 80 guests. Our server only made it out to our chairs twice during our entire visit, simply because he was so busy with the crowd.

And it's true, the chair mats have gone away. If you want one, you have to rent the flotation mat at $7.

We still love Nachi, but it is definitely a victim of its' own success.

I'm thinking that Nachi is good if there are 50 people or less and they can keep up. the day we were there, June 7th, it was full and we just didn't get good service at all. They only had ONE bartender and two servers for the whole place! And the bartender that was there was overwhelmed and seemed to shut down and not want to work at all. Food was good but service was lacking. We are a family of five and this was an expensive day and we feel we just didn't our money worth. Wish there was a way to tell how many reservations they have before you go. I would hesitate to go here again and have the same experience.

I would say there were about 75 people on the 9th, but there was 4-5 servers and 2 bartenders. It did not seem like they were overwhelmed so maybe they hired more help.

Can anyone comment on most recent ocean temp, we have Nachi booked for early July and I was wondering what the ocean temp is , people are saying warm but

I am wondering how warm is it right now.

Thank You

Thank you for all the info. We are planning on visiting in October with our DD, who is in a wheelchair. We thought she would enjoy the pool area. Are there chairs or shade close to the pool? Would we be able to get service there?

Thank you for all the info. We are planning on visiting in October with our DD, who is in a wheelchair. We thought she would enjoy the pool area. Are there chairs or shade close to the pool? Would we be able to get service there?

My DH and I were just there two weeks ago, and it was one of the top three things we did on our cruise. We opted to stay by the pool. I'm not a beach girl, and the pool is more my scene! There were ramps to get to the pool area, but it is a bumpy surface. There are chairs, tables and umbrella's around the pool. When you check in, just tell your waiter that you want to stay by the pool, and they will hook you up.

Also, our waiter was Carlos, and when he introduced himself to us, I did a little "yipee" in my head, since he has gotten so much praise on this message board. He did not disappoint us. He was always refreshing our drinks and asking us if we needed anything. The food was fantastic, and much more than we could possibly eat. We didn't even order dessert, but we were offered several times.

We will be back!

Have been to Nachi Cocom four times in the past five years and will be back in July. Last visit was March 2010 with a group of 42. Great service, beautiful beach, good food and drinks. Never had a complaint and our group loved our recent stay there. We have been to Cozumel about a dozen times and it is by far our favorite place for a relaxing beach day!

We were at Nachi twice this past spring...the weeks of March 1 and May 8. Between those dates, they added several more palapas at the end of the beach. However, when we were there in May, they were not using the new palapas, and there weren't many people there. Not at all crowded. We were seated at the very end of the beach (before the new palapas), and even so, the waiter took good care of us with food and drinks. The people next to us drank A LOT, and even though the walk was far from the bar, their waiter kept the drinks flowing for them. (A different waiter for them.) If you are concerned with quick service, I would suggest being seated closer to the bar area, so the walk won't be so long to your palapa for the waiter.

This is my favorite pic from Nachi, which I took in March. However, the area between this palm tree and the beach is where the new palapas are, so you won't be able to get this shot again when you go there.

NachiCocom232-1.jpg

I would say there were about 75 people on the 9th, but there was 4-5 servers and 2 bartenders. It did not seem like they were overwhelmed so maybe they hired more help.

I think we maybe just hit an off/bad day there. There were 2 servers and 1 bartender and the palapas were full.

I hope all of you that are going soon take time to add to this review in order to get the most recent info to those of us suffering having to wait until a later date. We don't sail until October....keep it coming, please.

Archived