Oosterdam..narrowed down to 3 choices!

mexico5

Yes, I really want the SY! Tom did you stay at the front of the ship or the back? We are looking at the one in the middle/back of the ship.

We were midway between the glass elevators and the place forward where the balconies jog out. Forward or back is probably immaterial. Next to the elevators, or next to the angled verandas at the jog, you lose some privacy. Port or starboard is probably immaterial on the Mexico cruise (we always tied to the dock on the starboard side, if that matters to you) and being on the port side we were able to watch Cabo go by on our way south from our veranda (we stopped at Cabo on the way back).

Have a great trip!

Hi, just a question about losing privacy being close to the elevators or next to the angled verandahs at the jog?? What is the jog? Also how would being close to glass elevators impact the privacy in your cabin/balcony.

Thanks for all of your help and we are now officially booked on the HAL cruise! We got an SY on deck 6...not the other 2 she offered us but still a great location! We are excited now!

Great cabin, 6111 looks even better than the 6115 that you were originally offered (because the suite next to it has that slanted veranda that looks into 6115).

Fann1sh, that is a really good tip about marking the cabin "no upgrades" but "interested in upsells" so that they can't move you without asking first. I just may use that sometime.

OOps, must have been posting just as you were, mexico5. Which did you get? Whatever it is, I am sure it will be fabulous, have a great cruise!

Also how would being close to glass elevators impact the privacy in your cabin/balcony.

The balcony immediatly next to the glass elevator can be seen by those in the elevator. That's true on every deck.

Great cabin, 6111 looks even better than the 6115 that you were originally offered (because the suite next to it has that slanted veranda that looks into 6115).

Fann1sh, that is a really good tip about marking the cabin "no upgrades" but "interested in upsells" so that they can't move you without asking first. I just may use that sometime.

OOps, must have been posting just as you were, mexico5. Which did you get? Whatever it is, I am sure it will be fabulous, have a great cruise!

It is a good tip. that is what we do, I know guarantees might move up a category or maybe even more for free, but I like to know where I am. We are available for upsells and open to any offers. works great. You know where you are. and you can check out your offers. have a great cruise!

Thanks Ruth I was wondering about that...I'm still trying to figure out in my tiny little brain how someone on an elevator can see me on my covered balcony though...I don't think I am near one anyways!

Can't wait for our first HAL cruise!

I didn't get SY6115 so maybe that's a good thing! I am still very happy with our location..think it's just a couple of doors down!

Thanks Ruth I was wondering about that...I'm still trying to figure out in my tiny little brain how someone on an elevator can see me on my covered balcony though...I don't think I am near one anyways!

Can't wait for our first HAL cruise!

I didn't get SY6115 so maybe that's a good thing! I am still very happy with our location..think it's just a couple of doors down!

Click this picture to enlarge (it was taken of the balcony from inside the elevator) Thanks to jtl513 :D

2266047480099632937bWuGxv_th.jpg

Archived