Bargain hunting on Celebrity web site

publicpersona

I'm a cruise bargain hunter who has sailed 26 cruises with Royal Caribbean and have one booked on Celebrity already. I enjoy looking for very good cruise deals. Unlike the RC site, though, I don't find a way on the Celebrity site to tell it up-front that I qualify for a 55+ discount and tell it my state of residency. It's only after starting the booking process that it asks that.

Am I missing something? What's the best way to shop for "Hot Deals" and age/residency discounts on the Celebrity site?

Also, I have the link for the Tuesday RC sales (http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf). Anything similar for Celebrity?

I'm a cruise bargain hunter who has sailed 26 cruises with Royal Caribbean and have one booked on Celebrity already. I enjoy looking for very good cruise deals. Unlike the RC site, though, I don't find a way on the Celebrity site to tell it up-front that I qualify for a 55+ discount and tell it my state of residency. It's only after starting the booking process that it asks that.

Am I missing something? What's the best way to shop for "Hot Deals" and age/residency discounts on the Celebrity site?

Also, I have the link for the Tuesday RC sales (http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf). Anything similar for Celebrity?

I have not found a way around this either. Seems like they could design the website so that you start out with residence and senior info rather than having to put it in for each cruise.

Not on the Celebrity site, but you can see if you qualify for the 55+ and state resident rate for many ships at once on certain travel agent's web sites. Can't help you with a name as that is not allowed but a quick search should allow you to find it pretty quickly. The one I use does not have it on the initial screen, but as soon as you do a search as broad as the whole line, any month, all destinations you will be offered a find the best deal box that allows you to put in 55+, US Military, and resident state/prov. Good luck.

Donna

Is this a site you subscribe to? How do you get this information ?? thanks.

It is so long ago that I frankly forget how I learned of it but I suspect it was probably through the help of people on Cruise Critic!

Just keep the link in your bookmarks and you can check it out every Thursday. That is when it is "posted" to give you a heads up for deals that will become available the following Tuesday.

You or your travel agent cannot get those special prices until the Tuesday.

Happy bargain hunting!

Dave

It is so long ago that I frankly forget how I learned of it but I suspect it was probably through the help of people on Cruise Critic!

Just keep the link in your bookmarks and you can check it out every Thursday. That is when it is "posted" to give you a heads up for deals that will become available the following Tuesday.

You or your travel agent cannot get those special prices until the Tuesday.

Happy bargain hunting!

Dave

Thanks Dave.

You can also google xciting deals and a number of sites will pop up that will list the Tuesday specials.

I also use that vacation site to go for a quick list of age 55 and resident cruise specials.

Archived