Suite perks for Sky Ste?

39august

Just returned from the 7/18 summit to canada and New England, in a sky suite. Upon check-in at the pier, we were directed to a desk staffed with crew members, who offered us for that night, to dine for free in the Normandie restaurant. There were 3 people in our suite and it was for all of us. After dinner, we were brought the bill to sign and it said that a $5 gratuity per person was recommended. We dined in the Normandie a second time on the cruise and paid the $35 per person charge and when the check was presented there was no line about the $5 gratuity.

I'm guessing that "complimentary" meal didnt include the gratuity, but the $35 PP meal, covered the $5 tip. Would you agree?

Please forgive my ignorance, I am fairly new to Celebrity but what does the 'M' & 'S' Class consist of?

M-Class = Celebrity's Millennium Class ships: Millennium, Constellation, Infinity and Summit

S-Class = their Solstice Class ships - Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse [with Silhouette to follow]

Each of the ships in a class are almost identical but may have different decor. Constellation has recently been "Solsticised" and now has decor and some facililities more similar to the S-class ships. The remaining M-class ships have been scheduled for "Solsticisation" over the next few years.

Sue

The specialty restaurant"perk" is for all classes of Celebrity's ships.

What do they do for MERCURY's guests ?.....We're in a sky suite for the full transit Oct01....a couple of free wine bottles ? Extra thick waffles ??:rolleyes:

Cheers

Hi,

We were in sky suite 6127. The condition of the cabin was fine. It looked like most of the furniture, carpeting, and bedding was pretty new. The cabin was very clean. The only thing I noticed was a little rust on the balcony, which is to be expected.

I saw this on their website...."Square Footage: Stateroom: 300 sq. ft.; Veranda: 79 sq. ft. "

I hate when they do that...don't they realize that is not clear? Is the 79 square feet veranda INCLUDED in the 300 square feet, making the interior living space only 221 or is the TOTAL, including veranda, 379 square feet. (Ugh...my pet peeve.)

Also, does anyone know what the "nominal fee" is for internet access in the sky suites? I'm looking for a 14 day cruise so it is probably different than a 7 day ($$).

Looking at the Solstice.

Thanks.

Dawn

What do they do for MERCURY's guests ?.....We're in a sky suite for the full transit Oct01....a couple of free wine bottles ? Extra thick waffles ??:rolleyes:

Cheers

booked in the 'C' class ships as well as the 'M' (not listed as a perk on the website), aren't good enough or perhaps we aren't paying enough to be treated to a 'free' spec. restaurant dinner ...:(

Since it is likely done to encourage further bookings in suites & to get folks to pay to dine, what is denying us going to achieve..do u think? :/

Have happy cruisin'!

I saw this on their website...."Square Footage: Stateroom: 300 sq. ft.; Veranda: 79 sq. ft. "

I hate when they do that...don't they realize that is not clear? Is the 79 square feet veranda INCLUDED in the 300 square feet, making the interior living space only 221 or is the TOTAL, including veranda, 379 square feet. (Ugh...my pet peeve.)

Also, does anyone know what the "nominal fee" is for internet access in the sky suites? I'm looking for a 14 day cruise so it is probably different than a 7 day ($$).

Looking at the Solstice.

Thanks.

Dawn

I didn't take it that way but I can see how it might confuse..

I do believe however when it specifies 'stateroom' then the # shld be just for the stateroom and ditto for the verandah. HAL used to list just one number for both and if u think this is confusing try & figure out how large the balcony was from just a diagram :)

This all said, does anyone know for sure, I am interested also..?

Have happy cruisin'!

Looking at the Solstice.

I believe on S-Class the interior of an S2 is about 300 square feet. S1's people have said are a bit bigger - somewhere around 350 I have seen people guestimate. Likewise the 79 square feet I believe is the balcony size of an S2, the S1 is a bit larger.

Not sure what the "nominal fee" is for internet, but I imagine it is pretty hefty. Fortunately if you are Elite in Captain's Club you get 90 minutes of free internet (180 if both in your party are Elite).

I believe on S-Class the interior of an S2 is about 300 square feet. S1's people have said are a bit bigger - somewhere around 350 I have seen people guestimate. Likewise the 79 square feet I believe is the balcony size of an S2, the S1 is a bit larger.

Not sure what the "nominal fee" is for internet, but I imagine it is pretty hefty. Fortunately if you are Elite in Captain's Club you get 90 minutes of free internet (180 if both in your party are Elite).

sizing apply to other Celebrity ships as well - larger sizes for the S1 over the S2?

Thanks in advance for the info..

What do they do for MERCURY's guests ?.....We're in a sky suite for the full transit Oct01....a couple of free wine bottles ? Extra thick waffles ??:rolleyes: Cheers

I guess it would be hard to have a free dinner in the specialty restaurant when there isn't one on the ship. But, hopefully, the waffles will be good. :D

Just returned from Summit yesterday. We had the Penthouse Suite and an adjoining Sky Suite and received the comp Normandie for the first night which we were offered when we booked Normandie for 5 nights. Don't know if it would have been offered if no other nights were booked. They just bill you for the gratuity portion of $5.00 per person. We had a party of eight.

Just returned from Summit yesterday. We had the Penthouse Suite and an adjoining Sky Suite and received the comp Normandie for the first night which we were offered when we booked Normandie for 5 nights. Don't know if it would have been offered if no other nights were booked. They just bill you for the gratuity portion of $5.00 per person. We had a party of eight.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. We are in SS6145; how did your party enjoy that suite (or 6146 if you had the other PH suite). I just booked a night in Normandie for our cruise mid-week but certainly wouldn't turn down a free night too!

sizing apply to other Celebrity ships as well - larger sizes for the S1 over the S2?

Thanks in advance for the info..

It applies for Solstice Class; not sure about M-Class or C-Class.

I'm getting ready to book a Sky Suite (2) on the Equinox, but all of the pictures I have seen are of Sky Suites (1), which seem to be corner aft cabins. Those are great, but I can get a Sky Suite (2) for much less and I am still guaranteed the 300 sq feet/79 sq feet veranda--but I was wondering about the layout.

I highly doubt there is that big round window (porthole) as that would appear to be on a corner room.

Does anyone have a picture of the layout for just the regular SS (1)? I'm sorry if I missed the "boat" on here and have misunderstood what I was looking at....I really want to see if the bed or couch is closest to the balcony.

And I'm pretty sure that they won't provide lounge chairs in any of these Sky Suites...but again, the pictures I have seen have been of SS (1).

I also understand that if we do book this SS (2), we can go to Blu for $5.00 per person, if there is room available. Is that true? I've been reading so much information on these ships that some of it has run together....sorry...but I am under a tight deadline for a really good price.

Any info would be most helpful.

Thanks.

Dawn

Do u happen to know the fee for the specialty restaurants onboard Celebrity ships or is it different for ea one?

Thanks in advance..

Bistro on 5: $5

Silk Harvest: $25

Tuscan Grill & Qsine: $30

Murano, SS United States, Normandie & Othwr Equivalent M-Class venues: $35

I'm getting ready to book a Sky Suite (2) on the Equinox, but all of the pictures I have seen are of Sky Suites (1), which seem to be corner aft cabins. Those are great, but I can get a Sky Suite (2) for much less and I am still guaranteed the 300 sq feet/79 sq feet veranda--but I was wondering about the layout.

Dawn

Go To Celebrity's web site and do the folllowing:

1) Click on "Plan a Cruise"

2) Click on "Ships"

3) Click on "Celebrity Equinox"

4) Click on "Staterooms"

5) Click on the Blue Arrow pointed to the Right to bring up "Sky Suite"

While the picture on the screen is of an S1, if you click on "Details" or "360 View" both of these will bring up S2's.

The S2's do NOT have the picture window that the S1's have. I have heard that one perk of the S2's is they have a bit more storage than S1's. The S1's are bigger though (both balcony and interior) and have the window - hence the price difference.

Go To Celebrity's web site and do the folllowing:

1) Click on "Plan a Cruise"

2) Click on "Ships"

3) Click on "Celebrity Equinox"

4) Click on "Staterooms"

5) Click on the Blue Arrow pointed to the Right to bring up "Sky Suite"

While the picture on the screen is of an S1, if you click on "Details" or "360 View" both of these will bring up S2's.

The S2's do NOT have the picture window that the S1's have. I have heard that one perk of the S2's is they have a bit more storage than S1's. The S1's are bigger though (both balcony and interior) and have the window - hence the price difference.

Excellent! Thank you for such great directions! I hope all the couches are near the balcony, but I know the TA won't know when they book.

I'm booking the cruise today!

Dawn

Excellent! Thank you for such great directions! I hope all the couches are near the balcony, but I know the TA won't know when they book.

I'm booking the cruise today!

Dawn

Use the Solstice sticky thread to help see if a particular couch is near the balcony or not. I know with regular balconies they alternate - not sure if that is the same with the S2's or not. You should be able to search a few S2 staterooms on the sticky thread to see if they alternate or are all the same.

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked for this suite on the Summit in March 2011 and i was wondering about the sofabed and whether or not you had roll-a-ways. Was the sofabed comfortable? How many booked into the Penthouse suite????

Trying to decide if we only need the PH suite and the attched Sky suite or just the PH.

Tina

Archived