A small greivance about the Norwegian Star

Pianoman6582

We haven't sailed the Star, but have sailed the Dawn. Is she next? Will Spinnaker be history on her as well? Tune in...

I did love Spinnaker and her big windows. On the other hand, I enjoy seeing different ships, so I'm kind of glad the Star will differ from the Dawn.

As for the Blue Lagoon, it was a fun place to people watch, but I think I'll like the new one better.

the spinaker has already been moved on the dawn. no more sitting in the front of the ship watching the ocean come at you. it is now suites. i have only sailed the spirit x2 and am now sailing the dawn. not happy about no observation lounge. might go back to sprit next.

The resurrector (if you will) of this thread is a newcomer to cc.... I do know who it is, but I'm not sure if he's ready to go public.... In any event, I have sailed on the Star since writing this original post..... They have fixed the web site..they unfortunately have not fixed the Star. The new Spinaker Lounge is separated by structural columns that need to be there. Unless they fixed it, it's dark with no windows. The dance floor is too small. The bar is six miles away on the other side of the room.... It doesn't work nerlt as well as the bliss lounge on gem and pearl.... The good news is, from everything I've heard they have (sorta kinda maybe but not really) learned from their initial mistakes, because when they went to starify the Dawn, the new Spinnaker Lounge is better than the Star's with actual windows instead of fisheye mirrors... We'll just have to go find out for ourselves.....

And I thank You...

JWK: president of LMSA*

* Leave my Spinaker Alone

Glad to hear the Dawn's new "Spinnaker" was done better.

Since they changed the Star, I haven't been keen to book a cruise on the ship, and now that they've redone the Dawn, I'm not hurrying to book on her again.

Not saying I'll never sail on either ship, but they are not on the top of my list.

I'll have to join your LMSA club, since we love the time we've spent in the Spinnaker Lounges and would hate to see any more ships lose them someday.

I kind of wish they'd named the moved lounge on the Star and Dawn something besides Spinnaker. People coming from other ships with the much-loved Spinnakers wouldn't be in for such a shock seeing the new lounges with the same name. At first I thought they'd do better with the name Bliss, since the first one was done without windows, but that wouldn't fit either, since they don't sound like they have the same amenities as Bliss. So maybe an original name for the new lounges on these two ships.

Pianoman's original post was made on June 15, 2010 - someone reopened an old thread. NCL's current website has the correct description of Spinnaker Lounge.

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/decks/2/7#tab_detail

Description:

A lounge featuring a full bar and dance floor.

Accommodates: 504

We'll be back on the Star in 3 weeks, third time on the Star. This will be our first cruise without a balcony but the size, pricing and perks of the "new" family suites made it impossible to pass up.

My bad, didn't see the original posting date:o.

Archived