Travelling with non-lattitudes guests

GSLMOM

Hi.

I am sailing on the Dawn next weekend with 10 others!!! My daughter and I are lattitudes members, but the rest are not. Will they be able to get in the lattitudes line for embarkation?

Thanks,

gslmom

You have 8 freeloaders trying to get privileges they have not earned and do not deserve. They may be allowed in the line but they shouldn't.

DON

There's a thing called tact....... a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense.

There was nothing that could be considered not tactful in the answer--just an opinion from LH1

BG

I'm so sorry I asked the question. The goal for me is for all of us to board together and take the picture together since we are having a very special celebration. I don't care which line is longer. I thought I was just asking a simple question. Didn't think that I should "no" better than to ask it.

:confused::confused::confused:

Actually, it's a good question because we were traveling with our brother and sister-in-law who has a handicapped passenger with them. We all wanted a big family picture but since we are in another cabin, we couldn't be in the handicapped line with them (rightfully so, we're not handicapped). But, once they were through their line getting ready to get on the ship, they just waited for us to get through our line and we got our picture together.

So, (again, it was a good question) you can do this . . . .1) just go in the main line with your group or 2) whoever is through their line first could just wait for the other group for the picture.

Others gave you their opinions on if a non lattitudes member should be allowed in the lattitudes line. Same thing for me, should a non-handicapped cabin be allowed in the handicapped line just for the picture. In my opinion, no.....but there is still a way for you all to get your embarcation picture together (see 1 or 2 above).

Have a great cruise.

You asked I told! You dont like the answer TUFF!

There was nothing that could be considered not tactful in the answer--just an opinion from LH1

BG

REALLY...........that's tactful?

That is the post I was referring to and quoted.

Before heading to the terminal, just prep everyone to stay together and pay attention. When you get to the terminal, smile really big and tell whoever is directing traffic inside that you have 10 people who'd like to stay together please.

You might be surprised where you end up. I know in MIA, I've never used the same line twice in a row. The last time I tried to get in the regular line (had a non-Latitudes guest w/ me), the lady directing flow came up behind me and sent both of us off to a Latitudes line that wasn't even open... but by the time I got to the desk through the rope maze, someone had appeared. So I had literally no wait and there were other people waiting in lines all around me.

Their goal is to keep people moving no matter what. So whatever will cause the least kink in their flow is what they'll try to steer you towards.

- IT Geek

I'm so sorry I asked the question. The goal for me is for all of us to board together and take the picture together since we are having a very special celebration. I don't care which line is longer. I thought I was just asking a simple question. Didn't think that I should "no" better than to ask it.

:confused::confused::confused:

GSLMOM-Thank you for asking your question and I am sorry that others tried to make you feel that it was wrong for you to ask. We all learn by others inquiries. I would rather find information on the cruise critic message board than make mistakes on my vacation and make for an uncomfortabl situation. Please feel free to ask, ask and ask. Most are here to learn and help. Have a great cruise ;).

Archived