Travelling with non-lattitudes guests

GSLMOM

Hi.

I am sailing on the Dawn next weekend with 10 others!!! My daughter and I are lattitudes members, but the rest are not. Will they be able to get in the lattitudes line for embarkation?

Thanks,

gslmom

When we embarked on the Dawn in NYC recently, the only Latitude members that got special lines were those who had sailed 5 or more cruises. Since it was only our third with NCL, we waited in line with everyone else, but were on within minutes.

When we embarked on the Dawn in NYC recently, the only Latitude members that got special lines were those who had sailed 5 or more cruises.

I had a similar experience there last November. I believe the only "special" line was for suite/villa passengers. And that's the way it's been on my last 2 or 3 cruises.

Personally I don't think it's fair that 10 other people are put through the Latitudes line when their not Latitude members. I think in special situations ei parents travelling with you could be an exception but to put 10 others through is totally unacceptable and the OP should no better.

Whats next, will they be pushing for the 10 people to eat breakfast at Cagney's with them.

Having said that on more than one occassion the regular line was either moving faster or had less people because they have so many lines open to non latitudes cruisers.

Relax. Was that necessary? Really? Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, not to say anything? It's people like you that cause problems on these boards.

Personally I don't think it's fair that 10 other people are put through the Latitudes line when their not Latitude members. I think in special situations ei parents travelling with you could be an exception but to put 10 others through is totally unacceptable and the OP should no better.

Whats next, will they be pushing for the 10 people to eat breakfast at Cagney's with them.

Having said that on more than one occassion the regular line was either moving faster or had less people because they have so many lines open to non latitudes cruisers.

Like you said, sometimes, it is neccesary to keep your loved ones close. From ship to ship perks vary, and when DH and I are on the VIP list, and about to be wisked away to the lounge, I do not want to leave my elderly parents behind to fend for themselves. I always ask if they can go with us, because I know that they would be uncomfortable to be left alone in the boarding process.

GSLMOM-

Not sure what the situation will be this time you cruise... seems the one thing in common with each embarkation I have ever had is how different they were. :) No rhyme or reason to whether this line is long or that one is short. You may find the non-latitudes line is shorter, it has happened to me.

Once you are on board it will be heaven anyway...

I hope all of your newbies love cruising and NCL so much that the NEXT time you all cruise together ALL of you will be latitudes!!!

like one said EVERY cruise we have sailed lately has been different...they definitely were doing the LATTITUDE MEMBERs only in this line for our sailing...unless they are children or elderly parents who need help they should be in the other line--it goes fast and you will all meet up in the lounge...unless you are VIP and get to board right away.

Relax. Was that necessary? Really? Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say, not to say anything? It's people like you that cause problems on these boards.

You asked I told! You dont like the answer TUFF!

you asked the question--if you do not want to hear the answers then do not ask.

BG

You asked I told! You dont like the answer TUFF!

you asked the question--if you do not want to hear the answers then do not ask.

BG

There's a thing called tact....... a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense.

Over half of passengers on a ship are Latitudes members, having sailed on at least one previous NCL cruise. You would probably fair just as well in the non Latitude line.

If you are Gold or Platinum, you truly will get a shorter line.

On more than one occassion we have failed to not only find a gold or platinum line and as regular travelers of NCL we knew that we should ask. Answer: These Lattitude Lines (yep the ones that take longer then the first time cruiser lines) are for you and no amount of asking changed the answer. Keep in mind we were directed to the Lattitude Line because we asked about Gold and Platinum and after asking other agents a few additional times our answer was to get out of the Lattitude line and move to the Balcony Line. Strange but the person who told (opps) directed us into the Lattitude Line challenged us to get back into the lattitude line and having Cruised enough to know we just ignored her. Kind of like when we ignored the boarding photo opportunity and got the angry camera kid yelling at us to get back into line and "GET" our photo. Yep my fight or flight gear kicked in for about 15 minutes and the chemical change wasn't pleasent over a dang photo that we didn't want and wouldnt buy. On most trips we skip the photo's we can and accept getting pictures being taken that just can't easily be avoided but on thi strip we refused them all. Bad mood on my part for photo's that whole trip but it was my trip. Keep in mind with 3 or 4 NCL trips each year I only want so many Cruise Photo's.

For me the bottom line is that some ports and some Lattitude Staff who are supposed see that the perks they promise come to life just don't get the job done. Some staff and some situations are not perfect are not worth fighting but at times it is my vacation and I have a right to say NO Thank You. Yep in each of these problems I wrote it in my comments or shared it with the Lattitude Desk and for me this always boils down to being an NCL problem and if they promise it they should see that it happens. Kind of like the behind the scenes tour which a two occassions wasn't offered what I thought were for honestly some reasonable reasons. One example was on the Majesty the new owners were on board viewing the ship so the tours were not held. Not a case that the ship is on a lock down but clearly they had a higher priority then giving ship tours. I just believe if NCL knows it can't offer a perk they promised they should instead start with sending a note explaining it and then how about maybe offering a cheap token in its place like I don't know (heck) breakfast or lunch with the Hotel Manager or some other cheap way of recognizing that they can't meet the promise made and they are glad you are a refular cruiser.

I totally agree with you Oldsweets. From ship to ship, embarkation port, to embarkation port, the perks vary greatly.

We too have asked about a special line for Gold and Plats, only to be told to just get in the regular line, and after waiting in that line, getting up to the counter, we were told, "oh, we don't have your key cards here", and then they wisked us off to the VIP lounge.

It is very frustrating.

For the ships tours, so far so good. We have been lucky enough to take advantage of this on the Star and Dawn.

I am hoping that the behind the scenes tour on the Epic is not cancelled for some reason. I am really looking forward to it.

I'm so sorry I asked the question. The goal for me is for all of us to board together and take the picture together since we are having a very special celebration. I don't care which line is longer. I thought I was just asking a simple question. Didn't think that I should "no" better than to ask it.

:confused::confused::confused:

There's a thing called tact....... a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense.

The question that was asked really only required a yes or no answer, unfortunately some posters have to answer simple questions with THEIR view of how things are or should be. It leaves me to wonder if these same posters would be as rude if these were questions were asked Face to Face. I realize that some replys that seem rude may be posted with tongue in cheek and I have been guilty of that but others are just plain hurtful.

The question that was asked really only required a yes or no answer, unfortunately some posters have to answer simple questions with THEIR view of how things are or should be. It leaves me to wonder if these same posters would be as rude if these were questions were asked Face to Face. I realize that some replys that seem rude may be posted with tongue in cheek and I have been guilty of that but others are just plain hurtful.

I think some of them would. I've met some posters at Meet and Greets who in person were exactly as they come off here.;)

I'm so sorry I asked the question. The goal for me is for all of us to board together and take the picture together since we are having a very special celebration. I don't care which line is longer. I thought I was just asking a simple question. Didn't think that I should "no" better than to ask it.

:confused::confused::confused:

If you think that was brutal, try asking about suite perks and bringing family and friends to Cagneys or the Villla complex.

Archived