PERFECT Personal Carry-on-whats yours?

i have been searching for that PERFECT Personal carry-on for the last several cruises...i have ALOT of bags but nothing that just WORKs PERFECT for my personal bag...every cruise, every trip i carry a different one--would LOVE to know what you carry...if you have a pic or link that would be HELPFUL i NEED some NEW ideas....THANKS SO MUCH;)

I got a new carry-on for my trip to Europe last month. It was only because I get a discount at this store. Anyway, it is a Patagonia Lightweight Travel Tote. It comes in some pretty cool colors. I got the Gecko Green (it matches my Eagle Creek bags, kind of). It can be carried as a tote or a daypack - with backpack straps that can be hidden when not used. It is big enough that I packed my netbook, Kindle2, toiletries bag, meds and 3-1-1 bag in it. It has a zip top and also 2 clips, so you could attach a smaller bag or even use it to squish your raincoat in. I had no issues with the bag. I loved that bag for my trip - it made more sense as a carryon than any other bag I own. I'm a bag slut:D I have more bags than I can possibly use, but I see one that I like and I have to have it!!!

This is a good post. Ill be looking for something better after this upcoming cruise. My current bag is just a hopeless design . I think handbags and carry-on have to be well designed and appeal to the individual. I'm looking forward to some pics too.

I like something that weighs practically nothing when empty, that has straps long enough to go over my shoulder, with an inside zipper pocket large enough for my travel jewelry thingy, outside pockets for my wallet and cell phone, and is large enoughg for my make-up bag, a book, glasses, inflatable travel pillow, and snacks.

I love this Baggallini rolling tote (be sure to look at the additional photos):

http://www.baggallini.com/product1.asp?collection='trav'%20&product='RTC269'

I have used it on just about every trip over the past 3 years. It's lightweight, has wheels, and fits under your airline seat if needed. You can fit a surprising amount in it. Mine usually contains at a minimum one pair of pants (or capris, depending on my destination) plus two tops, just in case my luggage gets lost, plus a change of shoes and underwear. It also holds a couple of books, my camera and jewelry, noise-cancelling headphones (for flights) and a 3-1-1 bag of makeup/toiletry essentials (again, in case my suitcase goes astray).

Are you looking for a rolling bag or a large carry tote?

My rolling carry on is a 22 inch Victorinox, I like this size since I can expand it if things don't fit well upon disembarkation (downside, once a 22 inch is expanded, it no longer fits the max airline size): http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=Victorinox+NXT+4%2E0+Mobilizer+22%22+Expandable+Wheeled+Upright&pf_id=PAOHIDEOPCMJOOEL&dept_id=12463

My favorite carry tote is a Vera Bradley weekender: http://www.verabradley.com/product/Category/Totes/Weekender/154813/defaultColor/Night%20and%20Day/pc/638/p/154813/sc/642/c/0.uts

I have other totes, other small rolling bags, but these have proven to be my favorites.

I like something that weighs practically nothing when empty, that has straps long enough to go over my shoulder, with an inside zipper pocket large enough for my travel jewelry thingy, outside pockets for my wallet and cell phone, and is large enoughg for my make-up bag, a book, glasses, inflatable travel pillow, and snacks.

This is exactly the reason I like the Vera Bradley tote. The colors and patterns are a bit crazy, the one I have is discontinued now, but anyone can find a piece to coordinate with their luggage.

It's surprising how popular the VB has become, our sales of the line have increased more than anything else we carry in the luggage store. They do have a nice rolling carry on (21 inch) that I would purchase if I didn't already have 4 small rolling cases. This is the danger of working in a luggage store ;)

I love this tote! We've gotten requests for it a few times, I think I'll show this to our store manager.

It's great; roomier than you'd think and things stay put pretty well. My travel colors are black and beige (or taupe) and I have the giraffe print.

Since the OP is asking about a personal bag I am going to assume they are not asking about rolling bags.

What exactly is a personal bag is really a gray area in descriptions by the different airlines. AA is the only domestic carrier I have found that actually defines it and they state that it cannot exceed 36 liner inches.

When I choose my personal bag I went by this dimensions because I thought they were reasonable for my benchmark. Eagle Creek Small In Flight Bag fits those dimensions exactly and it actually hold a lot of stuff with great organizational features Eagle Creek is noted for. It has both a shoulder strap and back slip for sliding it over the handles of rolling bag.

Shak

http://www.eaglecreek.com/bags_luggage/luggage_collections/exploration_systems/Tarmac-Flight-Bag-Small-20212/

I am going to get the Pacsafe Slingsafe 300 for our Europe trip. I like the way you can clip it close and even add a small lock if you wish to do so. I have a very bad habit of leaving my purse open and losing things out of it so the ability to clip the bag is a nice feature. Also, you can unclasp one side of the bag and clip it around a chair or even your leg. I like this for restaurants or even place like Disney. I don't have to worry about the bag slipping down an aisle during a show or someone snatching it while I am eating. The other safety features are nice but its the clips on the zippers that really sell me.

I I'm a bag slut:D I have more bags than I can possibly use, but I see one that I like and I have to have it!!!

lol...i am the same...hubby calls me BAGLADY:p

i will have to check your bag out....i like to take ALOT with me and after having my carry-on checked that had my jewelry in it last time on the way home...my jewelry will ALWAYs be with me from now on and i like to carry ALOT along with EVERYTHING else i have to take!!

I love this Baggallini rolling tote (be sure to look at the additional photos):

http://www.baggallini.com/product1.asp?collection='trav'%20&product='RTC269'

I have used it on just about every trip over the past 3 years. It's lightweight, has wheels, and fits under your airline seat if needed. You can fit a surprising amount in it. Mine usually contains at a minimum one pair of pants (or capris, depending on my destination) plus two tops, just in case my luggage gets lost, plus a change of shoes and underwear. It also holds a couple of books, my camera and jewelry, noise-cancelling headphones (for flights) and a 3-1-1 bag of makeup/toiletry essentials (again, in case my suitcase goes astray).

very COOL bag i do have something similar to that...but isnt that to big to be considered the PERSONAL carry-on...more like the carry-on

i wish airlines would give EXACT specifications for the PERSONAL bag...stresses me out every trip thinking will it be to BIG?

i am also flying UNITED for the first time and not sure what size...they say purse, laptop, briefcase but heck my regular everyday purses can be considered a CARRY ON bag.....lol.....

Since the OP is asking about a personal bag I am going to assume they are not asking about rolling bags.

What exactly is a personal bag is really a gray area in descriptions by the different airlines. AA is the only domestic carrier I have found that actually defines it and they state that it cannot exceed 36 liner inches.

Shak

http://www.eaglecreek.com/bags_luggage/luggage_collections/exploration_systems/Tarmac-Flight-Bag-Small-20212/

YEAH:D that is what i was looking for...i just purchased something similar at ebags...

i consider PERSONAL not a wheeled but a smaller like this or purse, backpack, tote etc...

but do LOVE seeing what everyone carries...keep them coming!!!!

I am going to get the Pacsafe Slingsafe 300 for our Europe trip.

i also was considering this one for our Panama Canal trip last December...Colombia had me a bit worried:(

let us know all about this bag when you get and use PLEASE;)

like i said i do have ALOT of personal type carry-ons and big totes/ bags etc but still searching for the PERFECT one that i will take EVERY trip...

i just ordered this one last night....i couldnt RESIST the bargain...some of my best BAGs are ones that actually i havent paid alot for;)

I just got this bag a few weeks ago and I love it. It opens up very wide, has a lot of interior pockets and a long shoulder strap. I'll be taking it as my carry-on to the Baltic in about 3 weeks.

I also carry my Metro Safe 200 onboard - I use it as my "purse". It's a very safe, secure bag to carry on excursions in port. I can keep a lot in it, so I can keep the other bag in the overhead.

Large duffle:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/travel/totesBriefcases?productId=10022649&N=255&Nao=16

Metro Safe 200:

http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=135

I got a new carry-on for my trip to Europe last month. It was only because I get a discount at this store. Anyway, it is a Patagonia Lightweight Travel Tote. It comes in some pretty cool colors. I got the Gecko Green (it matches my Eagle Creek bags, kind of). It can be carried as a tote or a daypack - with backpack straps that can be hidden when not used. It is big enough that I packed my netbook, Kindle2, toiletries bag, meds and 3-1-1 bag in it. It has a zip top and also 2 clips, so you could attach a smaller bag or even use it to squish your raincoat in. I had no issues with the bag. I loved that bag for my trip - it made more sense as a carryon than any other bag I own. I'm a bag slut:D I have more bags than I can possibly use, but I see one that I like and I have to have it!!!

very COOL bag...i put it on my MAYBE list!!!

I am going to get the Pacsafe Slingsafe 300 for our Europe trip. I like the way you can clip it close and even add a small lock if you wish to do so. I have a very bad habit of leaving my purse open and losing things out of it so the ability to clip the bag is a nice feature. Also, you can unclasp one side of the bag and clip it around a chair or even your leg. I like this for restaurants or even place like Disney. I don't have to worry about the bag slipping down an aisle during a show or someone snatching it while I am eating. The other safety features are nice but its the clips on the zippers that really sell me.

I was thinking of getting the same kind of bag, but was told that it would necessary to pack it for the flight, by a fellow cruise mate. She used one and had issues in Germany because the metal cords showed up during the screening process. Please let me know how you managed at the airports.

Add me to the Vera Bradley Weekender bag club! I love mine and I have been able to pack so much stuff in it and it still fits under the airplane seat. It has 2 outside slide pockets, an outside zipper pocket, and 4 interior pockets. It is machine washable if it gets dirty. :) Mine is "Pinwheel Pink." :D

I used to use a backpack. Not as awesome.

On all of our travels my DH and I both carry the "Healthy Back Bag" sorry I don't have a picture but, they are very common...hold lots of stuff, over your shoulder or can be converted to a back pack style. One bag is sufficient for both of us for day trips. Carries camera, water, umbrella, snacks, jacket. Great bag, cost was around $70.00 when we got ours which has been maybe 8 years ago. Light weight, choice of colors. They also come in leather. I have LOTS of bags but this seems to be my "go to" bag when we travel. :D Check it out. Sandy

On all of our travels my DH and I both carry the "Healthy Back Bag" sorry I don't have a picture but, they are very common...hold lots of stuff, over your shoulder or can be converted to a back pack style. One bag is sufficient for both of us for day trips. Carries camera, water, umbrella, snacks, jacket. Great bag, cost was around $70.00 when we got ours which has been maybe 8 years ago. Light weight, choice of colors. They also come in leather. I have LOTS of bags but this seems to be my "go to" bag when we travel. :D Check it out. Sandy

I used one of those on my land trip to Egypt, since I knew I would be carrying more with me every day than I normally do when traveling (camera, extra batteries, water, snacks, guidebook, binoculars, wallet, glasses, flashlight, socks, etc, .........) I was worried about hurting my shoulder/neck/back by carrying so much! The bag really worked well for that trip. However, I haven't carried it again since then. Why? Sorry to say I'm just not crazy about the way it looks. :o I prefer being a little more stylish. However, I wouldn't rule it out for another vacation like the Egypt trip.

Archived