Southampton Early Arrival

You really don't want to leave your luggage before everyone from the previous cruise has disembarked. All the local shore men will be way too busy with assisting those passengers, plus you don't want your bags mixing with the bags of those leaving. There's not really a comfortable place to wait for longer than an hour or so. Celebrity does not usually provide shuttles but there are taxis.

We will likely arrive at the Southampton pier earlier than we will be able to embark. Does anyone know if there will be a place to check-in our luggage prior to boarding? What kind of waiting area does the pier have? Is there a shuttle into town available?

Boarding will start around 11.30 - what time are you planning on getting there. There is a large seating area. Otherwise there is a nice shopping centre called West Quay (with a TGIFs in you are hungry!) about 10 mins stroll away - just walk out of gate 10 up to the main road and it is right opposite you.

We have arrived at Southampton as early as 10.20am and dropped our luggage off (in the car drop off area) We went straight to check in and then waited in the embarkation lounge. To be honest the latest we have ever been on the ship in Southampton is 11.30am.

What time are you actually arriving at the terminal?

Our flight arrives at 7 am. We will probably be at the pier by 9:30 am. I read on the Southampton Port website that Berth 101 has an early luggage check area. I guess we will wait and see when we get there if that's true. We would like to drop off bags and walk over to the West Quay shopping center for an hour or so.

We will likely arrive at the Southampton pier earlier than we will be able to embark. Does anyone know if there will be a place to check-in our luggage prior to boarding? What kind of waiting area does the pier have? Is there a shuttle into town available?

The last time we were in Southampton (for a P&O cruise), we were able to check our bags in around 10 am, and then walked into Southampton, which took about 20 minutes. we may have been lucky as my sister and family were with us and they had previously lived in Southampton and knew the shortest route.

If you don't fancy the walk Google 'Southampton taxis' and there are loads of numbers you can call.

We actually starting the boarding process for the Eclipse on May 7th at 11am and were sitting in Bistro on 5 at 11:30am. There was a big holding area and then we were sent into an area with separate check ins for suites and by decks. We are Elite but I don't remember it being divided that way like RCCL. We were the first ones for the lady at our station, but it went very quickly. I wish we were going back to the Eclipse and the Baltic-lucky you!

If your flight arrives at Heathrow or Gatwick at 0700, it is probably optimistic that you will be at Southampton by 0930 it will probably be nearer 1000 and you will be able to check your luggage in and wait in the area Albert has talked about or walk into town.

First thing in the morning is peak arrivals time at the london airports for intercontinental flights which slows the baggage and immigration can be up to a 30 min delay at that time

Enjoy your trip

A

Our flight arrives at 7 am. We will probably be at the pier by 9:30 am. I read on the Southampton Port website that Berth 101 has an early luggage check area. I guess we will wait and see when we get there if that's true. We would like to drop off bags and walk over to the West Quay shopping center for an hour or so.

If you are arriving at one of the London airports I think you are being very optimistic about getting to the pier by 9:30. I suspect that by the time you arrive boarding will be in full swing.

Archived