Best Princess ship for Mediterranean?

ActiveTraveler

I really do suggest you go back and read her posts. I am very patient and tolerant of questions, as any on the Med board will vouch, but she has me flummoxed.

:rolleyes:

I have read a bunch of them and agree with you, Cynthia. Time to go edit my Ignore List.:)

I don't see her in that way. I think she's undecided and she's hearing different opinions. Isn't this what this board is for? Considering Princess is a good thing, right? IMO, I think Princess sounds like a good middle-of-the-road cruiseline for what it sounds like her needs are. We've done the Med. on the Grand Princess in Oct. a few yrs back. We too were concerned about kids. Yes, there were a few, but they didn't bother you. We had also took our daughter on a Disney cruise a couple yrs ago, and if you could believe it, all the kids there didn't bother us in the least.

Please Poster, don't be afraid to post your questions. Everyone here is on the same boat!

That is correct. I am undecided - not about cruising, but about the ship and itinerary. If I was online just to cause trouble I would violate the terms of service for posting here and say cruising sucks. Apparently some people cannot understand what goes through my head during the planning process. Karinad stated it perfectly. :mad:

We sailed trice with Princess. Three times on theirs larger ships (Ruby and Caribbean) Two of them during school vacations.

Unlike on RC and Carnival we have never experienced any problems with the kids.

Princess has very adequate adult pool areas and strict policies. Also kids areas and program are nice.

Also Princess somehow limits the number of kids on board. Most of the cabins are for two, maximum three passengers.

I don't see her in that way. I think she's undecided and she's hearing different opinions. Isn't this what this board is for? Considering Princess is a good thing, right? IMO, I think Princess sounds like a good middle-of-the-road cruiseline for what it sounds like her needs are. We've done the Med. on the Grand Princess in Oct. a few yrs back. We to were concerned about kids. Yes, there were a few, but they didn't bother you. We had also took our daughter on a Disney cruise a couple yrs ago, and if you could believe it, all the kids there didn't bother us in the least.

Please Poster, don't be afraid to post your questions. Everyone here is on the same boat!

Cruisemom42 stated well how quite a few of us are feeling about this poster. Like a little kid asking mom a question, when she doesn't like the answer runs to dad to ask the same thing - only to be given the exact same answer. When that doesn't satisfy her she rephrases the question to sound like its different but essentially is the same. She has learned next to nothing since she started her "planning". Unless one "listens", hearing just isn't enough. She hears only what she wants to hear. She then jumps on someone like you who agrees with her, because there are so few that do at this point.

We get it. She's got standards. Unlike the rest of us, she prefers luxury and we just don't get that. She doesn't want kids on board - we get it. We've suggested cruise lines that don't take kids. She's not interested in those but continues to post how she doesn't want kids. Seriously, how big of a problem do you think kids are going to be on a port intensive expensive cruise in Europe.

Its been suggested she do ANY reading to give herself some idea of where she wants to go. Instead, she asks everyone where they want, and don't want, to go. She has made little decisions on her own. Actually, so far I think the ONLY decision she's made is to not take a penthouse suite on Crystal because she can't afford it sailing solo on her $15,000 budget - which also includes a week's stay on land.

That is correct. I am undecided - not about cruising, but about the ship and itinerary. If I was online just to cause trouble I would violate the terms of service for posting here and say cruising sucks. Apparently some people cannot understand what goes through my head during the planning process. Karinad stated it perfectly. :mad:

If you are truly sincere, might I suggest that you learn to thank the people who are trying to help you once in a while instead of coming back with snappy and sarcastic comments about things that you clearly have less knowledge about -- by your own admission -- than the people who are trying their best to help you.

Also, please, please, please do some basic research on your own instead of just coming to this site and asking the same question over and over again on multiple boards.

You can be mad if you like, but you know that I have given you several hours of my time in posts, not to mention the many links I and others have provided. And I have not seen any progression at all in your understanding or thought processes......!!

In short, I'm sorry I removed you from my Ignore list, but I thought it was safe as you hadn't posted on the Med boards in a week. Little did I know you would appear here as well. My bad. :mad:

Cruisemom42 stated well how quite a few of us are feeling about this poster. She hears only what she wants to hear. She then jumps on someone like you who agrees with her, because there are so few that do at this point.

She has made little decisions on her own. Actually, so far I think the ONLY decision she's made is to not takea penthouse suite on Crystal because she can't afford it sailing soloon her $15,000 budget - which also includes a week's stay on land.

If you are truly sincere, might I suggest that you learn to thank the people who are trying to help you once in a while instead of coming back with snappy and sarcastic comments about things that you clearly have less knowledge about

You can be mad if you like, but you know that I have given you several hours of my time in posts, not to mention the many links I and others have provided. And I have not seen any progression at all in your understanding or thought processes......!! :mad:

Bravo!

There are many many posters on several boards (check for yourselves) who have attempted to "help", only to be snapped at and basically told that they didn't know what they were talking about.

Not one single thank you has come from the OP. It's all gotten very old.

Practically everyone has mentioned that the OP would greatly benefit by visiting a local travel agency. Will it ever happen....who knows?

You can't help someone who doesn't want to help herself. ;)

Perfect example right here. Here's the next post from the OP! :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by sammiedawg viewpost.gif

Choose Eurodam based on our dislike for the largest Princess ships, the Ruby has 3100 passengers with an extra deck of cabins , 500 extra people and no additional public space as compared to the standard Princess Grand class ships. Have not been on the Ruby but sailed the sister ship Caribbean Princess, too many people in a confined space. Bad space per passenger ratio. Not my cup of tea.

We have been on Eurodam and loved it.

Otherwise, both lines are very nice.

Have you sailed on the Grand Princess for a similar itinerary? If not you can't say Ruby is bad because of her extra passenger deck because you don't know what it's like on a Grand class ship. People have been telling me to avoid all big ships since I do not want a lot of kids onboard andf hate the thought of tendering in a port.

Archived