Dream vs Legend??

jacksmom09

Hi! We are trying to decide on a last minute cruise (Aug) and have narrowed it down to Dream or Legend! We have cruised Carnival only once before on Valor! Would love some insight from someone that has cruised one or both!:confused: Would love some pics??:D We are wondering if the balcony stateroom on Dream is larger?? Thanks for any input!

Hi! We are trying to decide on a last minute cruise (Aug) and have narrowed it down to Dream or Legend! We have cruised Carnival only once before on Valor! Would love some insight from someone that has cruised one or both!:confused: Would love some pics??:D We are wondering if the balcony stateroom on Dream is larger?? Thanks for any input!

Most are probably going to say go Dream because it is the largest and newest ship in the CCL fleet. It is a very nice ship and the waterslides are quite something-we survived both!! Over all, however, it did not meet our expectations, perhaps because we expected too much. Must add, however, that the cove balcony was great.

However, The Legend still remains our favorite ship, so far, in the CCL fleet. Nice size, easy to get around, great food and staff and easy to get in and out of Tampa. One sees few complaints ever, on CC, about The Legend.

I would never even consider the Dream..

The only Carnival ships I would sail on again is anything in the Spirt Class(Spirit,Legend,Pride,Miracle).....

The Dream is basically just a Conquest ship with a lot more cabins & people jammed in....

I have not been on the Dream, so can not comment, except to say that it is much larger and newer. I have been on all of the Spirit class including the Legend. The Spirit class is older and smaller, but has more heart and feeling than many other newer and larger ships I have been on. The staff was great and the service was wonderful. Everyone seemed to care on the ship, you could feel it everywhere you went. I am one who prefers newer and bigger, but I enjoyed everyone of my cruises on the Spirit class ships including the Legend. The ship is in very good condition for its age. Unless you're hung up on being on a brand new ship, I don't think you would be disappointed with the Legend.

I can't do a fair comparison because I haven't sailed the Dream yet, but I LOVE the Legend! Perfect size, great staff & Tampa is wonderful. Not sure what you're looking for in a cruise. If you're looking for a larger ship with more choices of venues, then maybe the Dream is better. But since we are happy with the choices we have on Spirit Class ships, they work for us. Happy choosing, and have a wonderful cruise:)

I have been on both and prefer the Legend. We had a great time on both but comparing the two, felt more crowded on the Dream. We had an aft extended balcony on the Legend which was great..nice and roomy.

Good luck with your decision!

I've been on both. I like the Legend a lot, my size of boat, main pool is a bit bigger, aft pool is adult only. DW loves the Dream's Cloud 9 Spa. You can see who wears the pants in this family :D:D. Standard and Spa balcony cabins are the same size. They will accomodate 3 people comfortably. Suggest the men use the gym showers on either ship; give Mom a little room and privacy. Egon's poo smell comments, which grow exponentially worse each post, are being addressed by Carnival. If you do the Dream, do go for a cove balcony. On the Legend, try for an aft wrap on either Verandah or Empress decks. These will have more room. Your teen will enjoy Camp Carnival.

You don't say where you're coming from. Tampa is a fairly easy port to get in and out of and a short ride from the airport. Port Canaveral is about 45-50 minutes from Orlando International requiring a rental car or a shuttle to get to. For either unless you're a short drive or can get a non-stop direct flight that arrives before 11 AM, you're best arriving the day before departure. Dream leaves on Saturdays. Legend on Sundays, if that's an issue getting to port. Both vessels embarkation and debarkation are relatively easy and quick.

Whichever ship you select, have a great cruise.:)

I've been on both. I like the Legend a lot, my size of boat, main pool is a bit bigger, aft pool is adult only. DW loves the Dream's Cloud 9 Spa. You can see who wears the pants in this family :D:D. Standard and Spa balcony cabins are the same size. They will accomodate 3 people comfortably. Suggest the men use the gym showers on either ship; give Mom a little room and privacy. Egon's poo smell comments, which grow exponentially worse each post, are being addressed by Carnival. If you do the Dream, do go for a cove balcony. On the Legend, try for an aft wrap on either Verandah or Empress decks. These will have more room. Your teen will enjoy Camp Carnival.

You don't say where you're coming from. Tampa is a fairly easy port to get in and out of and a short ride from the airport. Port Canaveral is about 45-50 minutes from Orlando International requiring a rental car or a shuttle to get to. For either unless you're a short drive or can get a non-stop direct flight that arrives before 11 AM, you're best arriving the day before departure. Dream leaves on Saturdays. Legend on Sundays, if that's an issue getting to port. Both vessels embarkation and debarkation are relatively easy and quick.

Whichever ship you select, have a great cruise.:)

I thought you were still on the Dream :D.

The smell has not been addressed by Carnival since the first day at sea and still not today. Don't you read around the INTERNET ?

It is a design problem thats apparently not a easy or quick fix.

More than likely the problem wont be corrected until the Dream dry docks,if then

We just got back from the Dream and were on the Legend last year. Hands down I would say go for the Legend. You can read my review of the Legend in my signature and I just wrote about our experience on the Dream linked below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=24897775&posted=1#post24897775

Your review and pictures are great! Thanks for sharing!

I thought you were still on the Dream :D.

The smell has not been addressed by Carnival since the first day at sea and still not today. Don't you read around the INTERNET ?

It is a design problem thats apparently not a easy or quick fix.

More than likely the problem wont be corrected until the Dream dry docks,if then

I was until someone puked in chickie_mite's cabin, then I got off quickly be for they could catch me....:D:D:D! (gawd what an experience, sure hope it got resolved for the next poeple in that cabin)

If you read the posts here, you'll see several mentioning the start of repairs. Also jules 815 reported this weekend that while THE SMELL more than enormously present on day 1 in port, it soon changed to an epoxy-like smell and then nothing at all for the rest of their cruise last week. We'll have to wait and hear what others on her cruise or the cruise this week and in the future have to say. But, unlike the oil leak in the Gulf, I don't think Carnival is sitting around doing nothing about it. I'm for giving THE SMELL comments a time out unless a July cruiser brings it up again.:)

I was until someone puked in chickie_mite's cabin, then I got off quickly be for they could catch me....:D! (gawd what an experience, sure hope it got resolved for the next poeple in that cabin)

If you read the posts here, you'll see several mentioning the start of repairs. Also jules 815 reported this weekend that while THE SMELL more than enormously present on day 1 in port, it soon changed to an epoxy-like smell and then nothing at all for the rest of their cruise last week. We'll have to wait and hear what others on her cruise or the cruise this week and in the future have to say. But, unlike the oil leak in the Gulf, I don't think Carnival is sitting around doing nothing about it. I'm for giving THE SMELL comments a time out unless a July cruiser brings it up again.

Yep I read the post here and everywhere,

Just google " sewage smell Carnival Dream " or "Carnival Dream smell ".:rolleyes:

Giving it a time out might just do you some good :D , the rest of us are still trying to clear our sinus's.;)

The Legend.......we've done twice......is our favorite to date.

The Dream......I'll admit I chose it because of it's newness and size....was not equal in terms of comfort.

Felt we got much more for the money on Spirit class Legend in terms of:

1) Open areas to walk, run, wander.

2) Happy, helpful crew.

3) Quietness inside your own cabin.

4) Swift, efficient buffet lines.

5) Sufficent seating for on-stage shows.

6) Poolside areas, including adult-only pool aft.

7) Significantly less chair-hogging.

8) Convenience of the Tampa dock to airport

Not down on Dream.......just somewhat less than completely satisfied for the almighty buck !!!

Archived