7-day crowds

Depending on the time of year, all cruises, no matter their length, will be either big party cruises, or non-party cruises. Generally, longer cruises are less yahoo party, as you stated. But if you are asking if CCL still is the party hardy crowd, not necessarily.

If you want to go on a CCL cruise with a bunch of older folks, try December before Christmas.

I can tell you only this...on the three (7 day) cruises I've been on, granted, I'm turning in around 1 a.m., but I've only seen a handful of intoxicated booze hounds TOTAL, LOL. And they weren't rowdy obnoxious people, just had some stumblers and some crazy drunken peeps on the dancefloor.

I have heard that the shorter cruises are called "booze cruises" for a reason and lots of people think that your theory is true.

are the 7 days less yahoo party-like than 3/4 days?

I hope so....I went on a 7-day on Glory during Thanksgiving week and thought it was just the right amount of a party v. relaxing atmosphere...it was festive but still a family-like feel

by contrast, I went on a 4-day on Triumph and felt like I was on a spring break party boat...a little too noisy and too much drinking for me

I am hoping our upcoming 7-day on Triumph during Christmas week will be more like the one on Glory

7 day cruises are great, and we used to stay away from the shorter cruises because they did have a pary reputation (besides not being long enough!).

But, we've had the opportunity to do a couple short cruises lately, both 3 and 4 day -- and we were pleasantly surprised. We didn't notice any rowdy party activities, just the normal stuff. However, none of these were during spring break or those june/july/august summer months.

I'll continue to book short cruises when I can and enjoy them.

WE've done 'em all, and haven't really noticed a lot of difference. Like someone above noted, every cruise is different. We recently did a 7 day that had a BIG group of college kids aboard, who stayed drunk for 7 days, and did their best to be obnoxious, but we didn't let them ruin our cruse. On the other hand, we've done 3 and 4 day cruises that were VERY relaxing, with no big party atmosphere at all. I've always heard the theory is that the college crowd can afford the shorter cruises, so that's what they take, then try to cram a weeks worth of partying into 3 or 4 days. :eek: (I'd hate to pay their bar bill!!!!) ;)

"SKY"

I hope so....I went on a 7-day on Glory during Thanksgiving week and thought it was just the right amount of a party v. relaxing atmosphere...it was festive but still a family-like feel

by contrast, I went on a 4-day on Triumph and felt like I was on a spring break party boat...a little too noisy and too much drinking for me

I am hoping our upcoming 7-day on Triumph during Christmas week will be more like the one on Glory

A Christmas cruise will likely be very family oriented. We went on a 5 day cruise for Christmas a couple of years ago and there were many families and not overly rowdy.

Archived