how do Celebrity price 1 senior and 1 adult in 1 cabin

volvof11

As long as one passenger in the cabin is 55 or older, both pay the senior price.

Thanks for that but sorry are you really sure I would hate to book and find that we have to pay full price. Dont mean to doubt you sorry.

I hope you are right.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Pauline

Perth

Absolutely certain! You can confirm by calling Celebrity, checking with your travel agent, checking Celebrity's website and printed brochures. We've gotten the senior rate many times and have also taken advantage of the discount a number of times when we've booked one senior/one young child in a cabin. The same courtesy applies to resident discounts and even receipt of Captain's Club benefits - as long as one pax in the cabin qualifies, both benefit!

Everyone here is correct. As long as one person is 55+ the whole cabin will pay the senior price if one is available. The do not always offer a senior or residency discount depending on how well the sailing is selling. In fact, if there is a residency discount that is even better price and just one of you is from one of those states the discount will apply to the whole cabin. And if one of you is Elite the whole cabin will be elite for that sailing. Any questions, feel free to ask us.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how that works 1 senior 57 yrs and 1 x 51 yr old.

How do they work out the pricing per cabin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Pauline

And obviously senior discounts are NOT always available. They have to listed for your particular date and category of room when you book. So if you see it offered, book right away as they come and go sometimes within days.

Thanks for that but sorry are you really sure I would hate to book and find that we have to pay full price. Dont mean to doubt you sorry.

I hope you are right.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Pauline

Perth

My DH is 56 and I'm 52 - the Senior discount always applies to both of us.

When we booked last week's cruise in December there was no senior discount. I checked back online April 1st, and there was a senior discount offered on several cabin categories, including ours, and we called TA and got the price adjustment. My guy qualifies for the discount though I do not. The proof of age requirement is your passport or ID. So I confirm what others have said: only one person in the cabin has to be 55 to qualify for the discount.

I sailed on he Equinox in April with a group of friends. I shared my cabin with a Celebrity newbie and I am Elite. My cabinmate was not extended any of the Captain's Club benefits that I received. All coupons and invitations were for me alone.

Chessbriar, that's what we just did with my parents for our upcoming cruise...but how do you deal with the shipboard charges on your room card? Did you swap cards or were you able to switch names around once you were on board?

Chessbriar, that's what we just did with my parents for our upcoming cruise...but how do you deal with the shipboard charges on your room card? Did you swap cards or were you able to switch names around once you were on board?
As soon as you board, go to guest relations and they can switch members of your party to get the right people in the right cabins.

We will be having fun with the switching on our Royal Caribbean cruise in January. Made sure we had one senior in each cabin and since my wife, daughter and I are all diamond members put one of each of us in other cabins to ensure we get the diamond balcony discount on all 3 cabins.

I sailed on he Equinox in April with a group of friends. I shared my cabin with a Celebrity newbie and I am Elite. My cabinmate was not extended any of the Captain's Club benefits that I received. All coupons and invitations were for me alone.

Captain's Club benefits are not the same as senior citizen discounts, which was the topic of the OP. In addition, Captain's Club benefits will extend to the other person in the cabin if that person is the spouse but not when they are simply two people sharing a cabin.

Captain's Club benefits are not the same as senior citizen discounts, which was the topic of the OP. In addition, Captain's Club benefits will extend to the other person in the cabin if that person is the spouse but not when they are simply two people sharing a cabin.

Agree that the various coupon benefits were not extended to a cabin mate, but I understood and saw in action that Elites could bring their cabin mates to the Elite Lounge for breakfast and Happy Hr...and I assume the invitation to socials is also included. You don't even have to 'sneak' them in, it is part of the program and is allowed. Met a traveling couple that weren't spouses, and I thought I remember reading it on the Celebrity website that was allowed, especially since there are a lot of non-spouse couples/friends sharing cabins, this would be the norm.

By the way, Senior discounts are the same as Military vet/Police discounts....one person needs to be eligible in the reservation for that SR and your cabin mates are covered.

Denny

Archived