Are toiletries provided?

Sisa

Hello!

We are packing for our trip which leaves in 3 days on Explorer of the Seas. I am so excited I am having trouble thinking straight. Anyway, does anyone know what toiletries Royal Caribbean provides? Do they provide shampoo, conditioner, lotion and/or soap?

Any information would be really appreciated. Thank you!

There are small bars of soap in addition to shampoo/conditioner/bodywash all in one container in the shower. If you are in a suite, you will get mini bottles of shampoo and conditioner in addition to the bar soap. Might want to pack your own.

Just returned from Navigator of the Seas cruise. We had a stateroom with a balcony. Bar soap was provided as well as "mystery" shampoo in a bottle attached to the wall of the shower - those are the only toiletries. There was a hair dryer. No plug-in's in the bathroom but they were by the vanity.

NO toiletries including NO shower cap. Just like Daffer said, "mystery" liquid in a dispenser in the shower.

Be sure to bring some clips or clothespins to clip on the bottom of the shower curtain to keep it inside the shower. Otherwise the floor will get flooded.

NO toiletries including NO shower cap. Just like Daffer said, "mystery" liquid in a dispenser in the shower.

Be sure to bring some clips or clothespins to clip on the bottom of the shower curtain to keep it inside the shower. Otherwise the floor will get flooded.

On the Liberty we had a shower stall with a door, not a curtain. There is a dispenser in the shower marked "shampoo/conditioner" and a small bar of soap at the sink. No lotion, no shower cap. Bring your own stuff.

Unless you are in a suite... think Motel 6 as far as the bar of soap goes. The shower stall has a dispenser with shampoo.

Bring your own...

If you were going on Carnival, they provide a lot more, but that does not matter to alot of people. To me, it's a nice perk.

Not everyone is so picky. The shampoo/body wash in the shower works just fine for me. I don't think very many people actually use shower caps, so I don't really look for those, especially on a cruise. I've usually been swimming around in salt water. When it comes to shower time, I definitely don't want to avoid washing the hair. :)

Of course, being a guy with a very short haircut, "doing my hair" is pretty easy. Rub it dry with towel, run comb through it, done.

Unless you are in a suite... think Motel 6 as far as the bar of soap goes. The shower stall has a dispenser with shampoo.

Bring your own...

If you were going on Carnival, they provide a lot more, but that does not matter to alot of people. To me, it's a nice perk.

We found the shampoo/conditioner on the C Freedom to be worthless, especially when competing against the sun/salt/sea spray of our beach days. We much prefer the spartan shampoo/bar soap of RCI.

On a different note, our room on the FoS last week didn't have a hair dryer. I figured it was due to budget cuts, so I didn't bother asking about it...it was after we got home that we realized that we should have had a hair dryer in it! Now we know...

On a different note, our room on the FoS last week didn't have a hair dryer. I figured it was due to budget cuts, so I didn't bother asking about it...it was after we got home that we realized that we should have had a hair dryer in it! Now we know...

Did you look in the desk drawer? Had to ask on our first RCI cruise and glad we did as we never would have found it otherwise.

Until like2.5 weeks ago I would have said the same as the others, a bar of soap and a dispenser in the shower with shamppo/conditioner combination unless being in a suite.

However I just got off the Oasis and was in a D1.

Upon arrival there was the bar od soap and the dispenser in the shower, but also little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. The brand of these was RUSK SENSORIES CALM.

In the evening I got again shampoo, conditioner, mineral bath and body lotion in adition to the Rusk products, but this time the brand was Gilchrist & Soames. I do think this is the upgraded brand given to suites. Not sure if I got it for being D+. I didn´t ask for one or the other, but I have to say I had more products than I could have used;)

Did you look in the desk drawer? Had to ask on our first RCI cruise and glad we did as we never would have found it otherwise.

Didn't think to check there...in all honesty, the drawers in our promenade room seemed too small! Will check next time...but all is well. I've captioned some of my pics:"my hair looked pretty darn good considering the lack of hair dryer!"

Didn't think to check there...in all honesty, the drawers in our promenade room seemed too small! Will check next time...but all is well. I've captioned some of my pics:"my hair looked pretty darn good considering the lack of hair dryer!"

This is correct....the hair dryers are in a small desk drawer on every RC ship I have been on.

Just got back recently from the Serenade and the only toiletries we had was soap. There was shampoo in a dispenser in the shower, but that was it. Princess, Carnival and Celebrity still give you shampoo, conditioner, lotion, razors, etc. Carnival gives toothpaste samples along with its other items. Have not booked a suite so I can't comment on what you get there.

Hair dryer was in the top drawer of the dresser. Not a good one, though. You have to keep your finger on the button to keep it on.

Until like2.5 weeks ago I would have said the same as the others, a bar of soap and a dispenser in the shower with shamppo/conditioner combination unless being in a suite.

Upon arrival there was the bar od soap and the dispenser in the shower, but also little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion. The brand of these was RUSK SENSORIES CALM.

In the evening I got again shampoo, conditioner, mineral bath and body lotion in adition to the Rusk products, but this time the brand was Gilchrist & Soames. I do think this is the upgraded brand given to suites. Not sure if I got it for being D+. I didn´t ask for one or the other, but I have to say I had more products than I could have used;)

You received the upgraded toiletries because of your C&A status. If one is not in a suite or a Diamond/DP member they should bring their own :)

###

You received the upgraded toiletries because of your C&A status. If one is not in a suite or a Diamond/DP member they should bring their own :)

###

Yeah but the upgraded ones were those from Gilchrist & Soames. The RUSK products were given to everyone.

It seems not to be fleetwide though, at least not at this point. But this was what was given on Oasis and I know from friends they got the RUSK products with being Gold.

Guest maddycat

The showers on the Explorer have shower doors. You won't have any flooding problems.

Im DP.did a b2b on the MN........first part was in a suite(Gilchrist products).....2nd part not in a suite(and got another brand--wasnt RUSK though)

You have to keep your finger on the button to keep it on.

Deadman (or woman) switch. If you electrocute yourself it will shut off and not start a fire. ;) One more example of how paranoid ship people are about fire.

As for "bring your own". Arrrrrgh! Don't let my wife hear that. It's always a battle to stop her from bringing her fru-fru hair stuff in huge heavy bottles. Best compromise so far as been seeing if we can find a store and buy it in the port city and either use it all or dump it before flying home. We jettison a lot of stuff before heading home. With checked luggage fees carrying stuff like that on flights is a luxury we can live without. Our one suitcase between us will be heavy enough anyway.

I did not realize RCI was not generous when it comes to toiletries. Our last (and first) cruise was on Carnival and we had a nice basket of ammenities loaded to the hilt. There was lotion, shower cap, soaps, razors, toothpaste and a manicure kit. Our closets had some fantastic smelling saches as well. I kept the saches and still use them in my closet at home to this day. By the way, we had an inside cabin.

Jaime

Archived