Trumped off a Carnival by The Donald

Just found out that Carnival has just cancelled my reservation for the Carnival Legend out of NYC on 09/26/05 because it was chartered by Expedia and Trump for a Apprentice themed cruise. I booked at a very very good price last October and they basically said sorry here is your deposit back. That is it. If you want to re-book for another date, you can do so at much higher prices.

Yes, I did re-book. On The Voyager of the Seas going out of Bayonne, NJ on 9/23/05. The price is about the same as the new price for the Carnival Legend (day for day since the VOS is one day more). I had heard they provide about the same cruising experience.

My question is this, I booked a balcony cabin on the "hump" (7318). From your experience was this a good move.

Thanks,

Ron

We have 7318 on the Mariner in 4 weeks. I've heard nothing but good about the cabin and its location. My cousin and his wife have 7320 so we have both center hump cabins! I'll let you know how it is when we return. I'm sure my review will be long and detailed!

Cathy

We are sailing VOS 9/23/2005 too! I saw an ad in our newspaper for the cruise with some of the stars from Apprentice - I like the show, but the cruise sounded pretty stupid, just a couple of them are going to be on board, Donald's just gonna see them off!

If any of you watch the Apprentice, then you know it's an hour long commercial for companies who basically put their names out there. This is the future of advertising. It will be intergrated into more shows in the future. I already saw some soap opera, can't remember which one, as I was just passing the channel, but they intergrated a man buying something with his "Capitol One" credit card, and the cashier even said, "What's in your wallet"....It was really weird.

I'd bet that Carnival is doing a deal with the Donald to get more exposure. Recently, there have been companies like Nestle, Burger King, Pepsi, and so many more I can't remember, who pay the Apprentice to be incorporated into the show.

Here is an article about the future of advertising;

http://www.wsjclassroomedition.com/archive/04dec/advt_placement.htm

We had cabin#7620 on Mariner last April. Front facing hump cabin,port side.Great cabin and balcony. I prefer the hump cabins,to the famous "aft" cabins myself. So far,IMHO,there is not another ship out there that can rival the Voyager Class RCL ships.I am also a Carnival fan,but they have nothing that compares to a "Voyager" ship. :D

Would have to agree, you got the better end of the deal on this one.

A hump cabin as well... wow, does it get any better. I am also looking forward to my first hump cabin in Sept on the Mariner.

Enjoy the VOS as she is a beautiful ship.

Perhaps if you pass the Carnival ship, you can wave at the Donald and company.

Amazing the way one bad turn gets way better in the end.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived