FLL to Port Everglades - Shuttle or Taxi?

John73

If I read the posts correctly, a taxi ride from the airport will run about $12 and a shuttle from SAS Shuttles runs $8/pp. It's only me going and I'm leaning towards just doing a taxi so as to not have to wait for other people. Did I read the posts correctly? Is it only $12 taxi ride from the airport to the port?

If I read the posts correctly, a taxi ride from the airport will run about $12 and a shuttle from SAS Shuttles runs $8/pp. It's only me going and I'm leaning towards just doing a taxi so as to not have to wait for other people. Did I read the posts correctly? Is it only $12 taxi ride from the airport to the port?

Yes, a taxi will be about $12.00 + tip, and a shuttle will be about $8.00 + tip. IMHO, I'd take the taxi. The airport and the cruiseport are very close together. You can see the ship's very easily from the airport :).

There will be 8 of us, including an infant and a toddler, arriving at FLL and going to the port. With all the luggage, I'm not sure we would even fit into 2 taxis. Other than the ship's transfer, doesn anyone have any suggestions?

Also, are there any stores on the way from the airport to the cruise terminal that would sell diapers and baby food; also a store for wine?

The are alot of smaller type vans in the taxi line... two of those would probably do it.

17th St. is the main street immediately at the north end of the port. There are alot of stores around there... there is Crown Liquor on Cordova 200 feet north of 17th and Total Wine on Cordova 1 block south.

Also, just a block or two east of the port north entrance on 17th is a Walgreens...

You shoud be able to get all your needs at these places.

Taxi it is! Thanks all for the info.

And if the timing is right, mikelat, you can hook up with a party of two headed to their ship, and split the cost!!! (5$ each) Singles do it all the time. Remember that going back to the airport after the cruise too!;)

Archived