Carnival Magic Questions Only

One other question....the Conquest has the Sur Mer on the 10th deck; what types of specialty restaurants besides buffet, MDR, pizza and steakhouse does the Magic have?

One other question....the Conquest has the Sur Mer on the 10th deck; what types of specialty restaurants besides buffet, MDR, pizza and steakhouse does the Magic have?

It has some kind of burrito bar I think. Havent seen one to know what it has.

We have booked 11-27-11 in a cove balcony. I have heard from people that have sailed the Dream in a cove that they loved it and would sail a cove again. Can't wait!!!:D

We're on that sailing in a cove balcony, too! I haven't even checked to see if there is a roll call yet. Have you?

We're on that sailing in a cove balcony, too! I haven't even checked to see if there is a roll call yet. Have you?

Yes, there is a roll call. We've responded to it already. We are in cabin 2322 (cove). Are you close to ours?:)

LOL! Well, HOPEFULLY, if nothing goes wrong, we will be able to debark early that morning (with Platinum debarkation). So it's do-able. We have lots of time to plan. I would like to meet you and several of my CC'ers that day, if possible. I wish we were joining you on the group cruise, but I wanted to book on our 40th anniversary.

Well let's tentatively plan for a Starbucks meetup right across the street for that morning. All us Team Magic people can arrive super early and have coffee and a danish while we wait for y'all get your butts off OUR boat!! :D

Well let's tentatively plan for a Starbucks meetup right across the street for that morning. All us Team Magic people can arrive super early and have coffee and a danish while we wait for y'all get your butts off OUR boat!! :D

Sounds awesome!

Sounds good to me! I LOVE Starbucks! :D But not sure I'll be ready to give up MY Magic! John Heald told me in his video that it is MY Magic, so there! :p

I have chosen the Feb 2012 sailing on the Magic....even if I do move to Florida, they do make airplanes that fly right on back to Houston! I am also thinking about booking the NCL Epic in 2011 but my friends aren't sure what they want to do for our yearly vacation yet...its either going to be DC or back to Destin, FL (if the oil spill doesn't spoil the beaches there). So perhaps in September 2011 I will be booked on the Epic!

I have chosen the Feb 2012 sailing on the Magic....even if I do move to Florida, they do make airplanes that fly right on back to Houston! I am also thinking about booking the NCL Epic in 2011 but my friends aren't sure what they want to do for our yearly vacation yet...its either going to be DC or back to Destin, FL (if the oil spill doesn't spoil the beaches there). So perhaps in September 2011 I will be booked on the Epic!

If you moved to Florida, you could change the booking to Dream ... even ES would only cost $50 pp to move the booking ... so not that big of risk.

I looked on the Carnival site this morning and it looks like Magic will also be doing 6 and 8 day cruises out of Galveston including Roatan and Belize.

Yes, looks like they added those to the Dec. schedule, and they are "mixed in" with the European dates. But my gosh, would you look at the prices!? :eek:

I was wondering if anyone's thought of doing a B2B cruise with the last Conquest sailing and first Magic sailing from Galveston - if this is even possible.

Someone could also do a B2B for the Ecstasy/Triumph transition!

I was wondering if anyone's thought of doing a B2B cruise with the last Conquest sailing and first Magic sailing from Galveston - if this is even possible.

There's a decent sized gap in between sailings.

I booked the Magic back in Feb, we are doing the 12-day from Barcelona! Booked a Deluxe Oceanview with the 2 bathrooms. I am very excited about being on the new ship before it comes to my home state :)

We are very excited to have booked B2B's on Magic for Nov. 20 & 27,2011, which will be the week of Thanksgiving.

We, too, sailed the Paradise 2 times while she was a non-smoking ship, which we loved. That alone was worth flying from Dallas to Florida.

We also think the Conquest is a lovely ship, comparable to Royal Caribbean ships. However, we can sail in a RC Junior Suite for less than the Conquest's Cat. 11 suite (now called an OS, I think).

As some always point out, any cruise ship is better than none at all. I might have a few concerns if it really came to ANY ship, however.

Cruzin Lady

I cant see this working... Triumph will probably head into dry dock ... and then return to Galveston ..

Conquest might do lets say a extended repo from Galveston New Orleans ... Magic is coming into Galveston ... so how would you get back to Galveston to do the b2B?