I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Just returned yesterday from a motorcycle trip over to Cape May, NJ. First time for my hubby to ride on a ferry.

14535336772_ca08655d0d_c.jpgferry by sharod1031, on Flickr

14536143592_004de696ae_c.jpgferry4 by sharod1031, on Flickr

14534840144_78b67bc945_c.jpglighthouse2-2 by sharod1031, on Flickr

14535337942_15cbbc442f_c.jpglighthouse2 by sharod1031, on Flickr

Today our daughter came home for a visit. She asked me to snap a few of her and her Golden.

14532936951_3ae4b89413_c.jpgamber-nola3 by sharod1031, on Flickr

14534842394_250ff79e87_c.jpgamber-nola1 by sharod1031, on Flickr

Just returned yesterday from a motorcycle trip over to Cape May, NJ. First time for my hubby to ride on a ferry.

14535336772_ca08655d0d_c.jpgferry by sharod1031, on Flickr

14536143592_004de696ae_c.jpgferry4 by sharod1031, on Flickr

14534840144_78b67bc945_c.jpglighthouse2-2 by sharod1031, on Flickr

14535337942_15cbbc442f_c.jpglighthouse2 by sharod1031, on Flickr

Today our daughter came home for a visit. She asked me to snap a few of her and her Golden.

14532936951_3ae4b89413_c.jpgamber-nola3 by sharod1031, on Flickr

14534842394_250ff79e87_c.jpgamber-nola1 by sharod1031, on Flickr

I have been on the Cape May ferry a few times -- I couldn't convince DH to go on it.

Daughter and Golden are beautiful.

We have an Oriole who has made a home in the neighbor's jungle this year. Yesterday we sat outside for awhile and I forgot to take my camera out with me -- sure enough -- he/she sat on a branch for a couple of minutes.

Until the rains moved in this afternoon, we sat outside for a few hours -- took my camera with me -- he/she didn't show up.

We have an Oriole who has made a home in the neighbor's jungle this year. Yesterday we sat outside for awhile and I forgot to take my camera out with me -- sure enough -- he/she sat on a branch for a couple of minutes.

Until the rains moved in this afternoon, we sat outside for a few hours -- took my camera with me -- he/she didn't show up.

I think that's one of Murphys Laws. :)

Just got back from my first visit to Colorado. Great area!! Enjoyed very much. Am working on our planned late March-April 2015 Africa (Kenya-Zanzibar-Madagascar-South Africa-Botswana) adventure. Now, back to work!! Got to fund these travels.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 66,393 views for this fun posting.

For staying in Colorado Springs, Co., with our fellow Aust.-NZ cruise travelers, John and Susan, one of the first super highlights was visiting the U.S. Air Force Academy where two of their daughters graduated. The Chapel is in the background with a plane in the foreground. Second is my wife, Penny, on the left, shown with Susan, as we were traveling up the Pike’s Peak Cog Railroad near Manitou Springs. We had a front-row seat right next to where the engineer was guiding this historic train on this super scenic route to the top of this famed 14,110’ mountain. Third is one of the dramatic rock formations within the “Garden of the Gods” inside the City of Colorado Springs. Amazing sights there in Colorado!!:

Colorado2014A5_zps024d9980.jpg

Colorado2014A6_zpse5d4bc8d.jpg

Colorado2014A4_zps7542eeec.jpg

We also visited other key parts of central Colorado, including Boulder, Denver, Crested Butte and Breckenridge. First is some of the drama near Crested Butte with their wild flowers at the peak of the season and a stream and mountains in the background. Second is a wonderful and filling breakfast in Breckenridge with poached eggs, real, slow-cooked corned beef hash, potatoes and topped with classic Hollandaise sauce. What else to eat at an altitude of nearly two miles up?? Finally, here is the dramatic view as we are crossing the Continental Divide at Hoosier Pass at an 11,539’ high viewpoint. The toughest part? Narrowing all of my great views and experiences down to only six summary pictures.:

Colorado2014A3_zps883df459.jpg

Colorado2014A1_zpsabf4e0b9.jpg

Colorado2014A2_zps0c37c1ef.jpg

What is this under the Hollandaise sauce? Looks like something I would like to try...

Krazy Kruizers: Great pictures

Appreciate the wise and kind comment from Krazy Kruizers. That super frequent poster must be very smart!! Am I right??

For what is under the Hollandaise sauce' date=' that is corned beef. [b']The real stuff!![/b] Not the canned, average stuff. They take about 14-hours to super slow cook that corned beef and then put it together in a wonderful manner. Really was super good. It was breakfast and lunch rolled into just one wonderful, memorable meal.

Now working on our planned mid March-mid April 2015 Africa (Kenya-Zanzibar-Madagascar-South Africa-Botswana) adventure. Had lunch Wednesday with the retired director of the Columbus who has taken twelve trips to Africa and worked with Jack Hanna. Fun doing that future research!!

Below are a few more Colorado views, including some added good food items to share. Low calories when done on this photo board.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 149,391 views. Nice to be hitting this high of a level for viewership. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here is a wonderful Colorado rack of lamb at a great dining place in Crested Butte only seating 35 lucky customers. Second is a picture of the chef in his kitchen giving me the thumbs up after I told him how much we loved the food at Soupson. Super dining!!:

Colorado2014TwoB11_zpsb8ef00a7.jpg

Colorado2014TwoB12_zpsb164d2cb.jpg

Some nice architectural character and flowers along the main street in Crested Butte, Colorado.:

Colorado2014TwoB10_zps5157ce05.jpg

My wife and our friend/host at the top of Pike's Peak with the cog-rail car in the background while visiting this 14,000+ "high".:

Colorado2014TwoB8_zpsbe2413e1.jpg

In the Garden of Gods in Colorado Springs, here is a climber going up the peaks in this amazing and scenic park.:

Colorado2014TwoB9_zps6b45e4fa.jpg

More food? Yes! In Breckenridge, it was lunch time and here is the owner or she calls herself, the Mama Bear, serving the crab cake sliders with mac & cheese. Good? Yes, super delightful, again! Great Colorado dining during our whole trip.:

Colorado2014TwoB13_zpsf2dd8178.jpg

TLCOhio

Maybe not smart -- just wise for my old age.

Have belonged to CC since 2001. Used to travel and cruise quite a lot. Health issues have caught up with DH and me. So we can't cruise like we used -- 4 and 5 cruises of 14 days and longer.

Now I enjoy seeing pictures of where everyone is traveling and cruising to.

TLCOhio Maybe not smart -- just wise for my old age.

Have belonged to CC since 2001. Used to travel and cruise quite a lot. Health issues have caught up with DH and me. So we can't cruise like we used -- 4 and 5 cruises of 14 days and longer.

Now I enjoy seeing pictures of where everyone is traveling and cruising to.

YES!! Being wise is much, much better than only being "smart". There are lots of so-called smart people who do not have the wisdom and judgement to sort "IT" all out, put things in the proper perspective, etc. Keep up the great work and sharing.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 177,858 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Appreciate the wise and kind comment from Krazy Kruizers. That super frequent poster must be very smart!! Am I right??

For what is under the Hollandaise sauce, that is corned beef. The real stuff!! Not the canned, average stuff. They take about 14-hours to super slow cook that corned beef and then put it together in a wonderful manner. Really was super good. It was breakfast and lunch rolled into just one wonderful, memorable meal.

Thanks for replying to my question. Great pics by the way.