Jax to get 7 day cruise.

Cristallo

These could also be the farewell cruises from there....;)

That's what I was thinking. They've got this beautifully refurbed ship, and the city acts like they don't want it or don't care. Send it to someone who wants the business. :)

Not farewell cruises since they are interspersed in Apr, May, Jul and Sept.

I don't think is a matter people not wanting cruises from Jax, but instead most don't care either way. I think it is mostly NIMBY's in regards to the actual terminal location.

The timing is interesting, if Jax can come up with a location for the terminal, I think that would be about the time they would be signing contracts. If jacksonville has a location by then, it could drive what type ship Carnival may bring in, if they decide to replace the Fascination. Please feel free to correct if I am wrong about the timing.

I wish they would put a newer ship in Jax or Charleston that had more balconies.

Fascination has had the upgrades with regular balconies added (as opposed to just suites on the Fantasy.) We are booked in one for Nov. :D

Rumor was running rampant on the Pride a few weeks ago that Baltimore was getting a second ship. CD, ACD, lady that led the Behind the Fun tour, and even our dining room staff all seemed to think it was a done deal. I'll believe it when I see the official announcement, but have wondered if they will move the Fascination up there if Jax can't get their act together on the terminal issue.

I think a lot of people don't care either way , The City of Jax definelty want it there but where they would like it is a historically fishing village area ( Mayport ) and they have gotten a lot of flack from the fisherman/ shrimpers .

I personally think it would be an improvement to the run down delapitaded sp? area .

The reason they want it where they do is that the cruise ship will not have to travel under the Dames Point Bridge . The bridge is the reason Fascination had to lower the funnel 15' , it also limits the ability to add larger ships or additional ships .

The cruise port is in close proximity to the airport and a good number of hotels are in the area so it should be a great place to keep a port .

I just recently read in the local news that the deal with Carnival has been extended by one year to try to give the city even more time to work out the terminal issues .

Fascination has had the upgrades with regular balconies added (as opposed to just suites on the Fantasy.) We are booked in one for Nov. :D

Rumor was running rampant on the Pride a few weeks ago that Baltimore was getting a second ship. CD, ACD, lady that led the Behind the Fun tour, and even our dining room staff all seemed to think it was a done deal. I'll believe it when I see the official announcement, but have wondered if they will move the Fascination up there if Jax can't get their act together on the terminal issue.

Yes, I know it has balconies, but we are a large family that likes connecting balcony cabins so this rules out the Fascination for us.

I wish they would put a newer ship in Jax or Charleston that had more balconies.

Be happy with what you have. I think the people in San Diego, Norfolk, or anywhere else that doesn't have a year round ship would be happy to have the Fascination or Fantasy homeported in their city.

There are connecting balcony cabins on the Fascination. There are 4 sets of them.

Yes, but there are 7 of us and we put 4 in one cabin and 3 in the other. There are balcony cabins that connect on the Fascination but they only hold 2 people each. This will not work for our family but thank you for trying to help. I am looking to book the Dream out of Port Canaveral as that ship has the cabin configuration we need.

Yes, but there are 7 of us and we put 4 in one cabin and 3 in the other. There are balcony cabins that connect on the Fascination but they only hold 2 people each. This will not work for our family but thank you for trying to help. I am looking to book the Dream out of Port Canaveral as that ship has the cabin configuration we need.

What works for you, doesn't for us. Three of us always travel together and almost always book an aft wrap when possible. The Dream does not offer an aft wrap that accommodates three.

What works for you, doesn't for us. Three of us always travel together and almost always book an aft wrap when possible. The Dream does not offer an aft wrap that accommodates three.

Yes, in an ideal world (or should I say an ideal ship) the aft wraps would be able to hold all 7 of us in 2 connecting cabins. Maybe someday.....

Archived