I don't recall seeing "this" when Carnival launched any of their ships...

Tom-n-Cheryl

Cruise Critic's own Carolyn Spencer Brown is aboard the brand new NCL Epic, and just posted THIS 1 hour video tour of the ship.

I must say that there are features on that ship which are very impressive and innovative (many good, some - well, time will tell)!

I know that when Carnival brought out the Dream, all that we saw was thanks to John Helad - a few short video tours of the ship. Of course with the Dream, there was not a lot of "new" stuff to feature. I am pleased to see Cruise Critic posting informative video such as this.

Perhaps Carnival will invite Carolyn aboard the Magic for her debut sailing!

Even if you are not at all interested in NCL - might I suggest you take a few minutes and see what some other lines are up to --- spread your wings a bit, even if only in a virtual manner!

Tom

Well...I do love Carnival but honestly...what's really so spectacular about the Dream that we haven't seen on any other Carnival ship? The Lanai? Ocean Plaza?

I can understand the need for a video tour for Oasis and Epic as those are truly some amazing ships with unique and innovative features. Dream? Not so much.

CC's software is (trying to think of good word here... never mind) enough to allow the poster's computer to dictate the posting time?? :confused:

Tom

Here is what Mach said.

Not too long ago we changed from a Window's based OS for our servers to a Linux based OS.

It appears that the new OS is relying upon the locally based computer (your machine... my machine...) for the time stamp. If the time is incorrect on the local machine the sequence of the post will be incorrect when they show up on the board.

Host Mach said it was because it corresponded to the time on your computer. So the time on my computer was earlier than the OP's time.

CC's software is (trying to think of good word here... never mind) enough to allow the poster's computer to dictate the posting time?? :confused:

Tom

This could be fun... I can reset the time on my computer and appear to have some insightful posts! ;)

(Like -- I knew where the Magic was going to be home ported 6 months ago thanks to a "source" I have at Carnival) :D

Tom

I wonder if you changed the date on your computer, if it would use the date too.

I am going to try it.

This could be fun... I can reset the time on my computer and appear to have some insightful posts! ;)

(Like -- I knew where the Magic was going to be home ported 6 months ago thanks to a "source" I have at Carnival) :D

Tom

Tom

I tried to change the date too, but it doesn't work. I guess it only takes the time from your computer and not the date too.

Tom

I replied to several post thinking that they were the OP.

then I figured it out . I think it's quite hilarious :D

I think its too late to get credit for the scoop on Magic!!!

I have manged to post before some other OPs too.. I think my clock is a minute late, according to another clock I have ...not a minute early

My clock on my computer matches the clock on my computer.

My computer takes the time and date right from Apple, just like your cell phone does.

"The next session in our seminar on time travel will begin yesterday".

Hey there Don!

We are up to PAGE TWO and so far this is still an OT thread! :eek:

What did you think of that video?

Tom

What happens if you're posting from Australia?

Well -- since our day is their night, and our night their day... no, never mind, it's south of the equator so water drains in an opposite direction, thus it cancels out. :)

Yep - that's my story, and I am sticking with it! ;)

Tom

Archived