Loud announcements

CRLAUMAN

Is there anyway to turn a speaker off in a stateroom so the constant announcements don't come through.

I enjoy an afternoon nap and I remember my last cruise being unable to rest due to the constant loudspeaker announcements.:mad:

Is there anyway to turn a speaker off in a stateroom so the constant announcements don't come through.

I enjoy an afternoon nap and I remember my last cruise being unable to rest due to the constant loudspeaker announcements.:mad:

Which line/ship?

They now only announce in the hall speakers not in the cabins on most ships. I have to open the door if I want to know what they are saying. But emergency annoncements do come into the cabin and maybe about muster the 1st day.

There is a knob to turn off the speaker in your cabin. Ask your cabin attendant to show you how. No reason to have your nap interrupted.

Carnival GLory.

I was on the Carnival Victory and it was so loud, however my next cruise on the Princess Ruby, no announcements!

Princess only makes safety announcements to the whole ship. This would be the muster drill on embarkation day, crew drills on port days, and any emergency announcements.

We were on Glory in March and the announcements weren't heard in the room. Once or twice I would open our door so I could hear announcements I thought might pertain to us.

I didn't know there was a switch to turn the speakers on/off. I'll have to check that out on our next cruise!

Princess only makes safety announcements in the cabins. You have to either turn your TV to the Bridge Channel or open your door to hear them. So there is no button to turn off.

There was a turn off knob in my cabin on Liberty of the Seas. The cabin attendant showed it to me.

There are no announcements on Holland America (except lifeboat drill). You either turn to the channel or open your door to hear the announcements.

Even disembarkation is silent.:):):)

I don't recall hearing the announcements inside my cabin (other than the call to the muster drill) for the past several years.

Actually, I don't think I've heard them since my first two (Carnival Jubilee in 2001 and Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress).

That doesn't mean you won't hear noise (most recent cruise, the CD was so loud that I could hear most announcements in the cabin even though they weren't actually broadcast in there). :mad:

But, no, you should't hear them on Carnival ships. Don't know how long it's been since you cruised Carnival, but this shouldn't be an issue.

And, there are always earplugs, you know! Never hurts to be prepared.

Archived