Lockers at Princess Cays?

toothgirl

Hi!

I would like to know if there are any lockers awailable at Princess Cays? I'm travelling alone, so there would be nobody to keep an eye on my stuff, should I want to go for a walk, a dip in the water or say snorkeling, and I'm quite concerned about that. It would be a bummer having to carry all my stuff (clothes, camera, ID etc) with me all the time. Solution anybody?

Happy cruising!

Kristin:)

I don't believe there are lockers at Princess Cays, unless they were added during the rebuilding process. You don't much in the way of cash or ID other than your cruise card, unless you want to buy trinkets from the local vendors or get your hair braided. We have waterproof "water wallets" that are just fine for those items. Larger items go into a backpack that we can carry with us. That might not be the best solution for you, so maybe someone else can come up with a good idea that does not involve relying on the integrity of total strangers.

If you are alone and have absolutely no one to watch your stuff, I would get one of those plastic cases big enough for some cash, your ship card and maybe a credit card. They hang around your neck and are waterproof. You may want to think about leaving your camera on the ship, or buy one of those disposables just for the day; if someone takes it, it's not that big of a problem.

Vette

Hi!

I would like to know if there are any lockers awailable at Princess Cays? I'm travelling alone, so there would be nobody to keep an eye on my stuff, should I want to go for a walk, a dip in the water or say snorkeling, and I'm quite concerned about that. It would be a bummer having to carry all my stuff (clothes, camera, ID etc) with me all the time. Solution anybody?

Happy cruising!

Kristin:)

You only need your cruise card with you to go on the island. I would just bring a regular grocery store plastic bag which contains your clothes and sunscreen. That way no one can take your bag (if you have a nice bag or backpack). Bring Princess' own beach towels....no one will take those. Although I don't think anyone will take stuff belonging to others on Princess Cays, but one just never knows. Camera is problematic. You can either get a waterproof case for your camera or just get a disposable underwater camera and take it with you when you snorkles. I saw lots of people with those waterproof wallets case that hangs on one's neck. You can use that for your cruise card.

I would feel fine leaving my clothes and sunscreen on a lounge chair unattended, but not camera or cruise card.

Perhaps you can ask people next to your lounge chair to look out for your things while you go take a walk (to the bathroom or the BBQ tent).

You don't really need cash on Princess Cays unless you want to buy stuff from local vendors (or get your hair braided), but Princess Cays is really not the place to go shopping, so just leave your cash in your cabin.

Hopefully you'll find a good strategy before you get to Princess Cays.

Hi Kristin,

We're on the March 19 sailing with you and if you recall, we're a group of 4 women on our first cruise, too. We've booked beach cabanas on Princess Cays and if you are interested in hooking up with us, you can put your stuff with ours - two of us are avid snorkellers. Let me know on the roll call page if you want to get in touch before our "do" at Topsiders - just an option if you care to use it.

Cheers,

Deb

Archived