Where do i get princess bus at lga

Psychedout

Ok I am confused. We are flying into LGA for the NE/Canada cruise in Oct. We paid for transportation from LGA to the Port. The Princess TA(who has been very helpful)told me the get the Bus at the ground transportation desk. Well we are flying in on Delta and I have emailed her twice about who's ground transportation desk are we talking about, Delta or LGA and I still do not have an exact location.:confused:

Anyone use Princess transportation from LGA to Brooklyn?

Thanks,

Hugh

Ok I am confused. We are flying into LGA for the NE/Canada cruise in Oct. We paid for transportation from LGA to the Port. The Princess TA(who has been very helpful)told me the get the Bus at the ground transportation desk. Well we are flying in on Delta and I have emailed her twice about who's ground transportation desk are we talking about, Delta or LGA and I still do not have an exact location.:confused:

Anyone use Princess transportation from LGA to Brooklyn?

Thanks,

Hugh

A Princess rep should meet you in the bagge claim area and take you to the bus.

Did they just tell you to get a bus to the pier?

Yep - we went on the repo cruise last fall. They meet you at the baggage claim holding a sign with your name on it! Can't get any easier then that! :D

No the Rep emailed me and wrote to go to the ground transportation. Since we are flying in a day ahead of the cruise we will have to go back to LGA to get the Bus and I was not sure what she meant or whoes ground transportation we were writing about.

Thanks,

Hugh

No the Rep emailed me and wrote to go to the ground transportation. Since we are flying in a day ahead of the cruise we will have to go back to LGA to get the Bus and I was not sure what she meant or whoes ground transportation we were writing about.
No matter what they tell you, the Princess reps are at baggage claim; that's where you'll find them. My suggestion is to go back to the same baggage claim you used when you initially landed at LGA. Sometimes they're at the claim belts, sometimes at the bottom of the escalator, but that's the area where they'll be.

Thanks,

Hugh

Oh, you did not say you were fling in a day ahead of time.

It may not be quite that simple for Psyche. There are separate baggage claim areas in the Central Terminal, Delta Terminal, US Airways Terminal and Marine Air Terminal. Since she has not indicated which flight she is taking to LGA, can she count on a Princess rep necessarily being at all of the terminals? Personally, I would be skeptical, and go to Central.

Bill

When you request and pay for Princess transportation, don't you have to send your flight info to them ahead of time?

If so, Princess has the details of what terminal you would be arriving at and thats where they will go to pick you up, no?

Ground transportation at LGA is run by the Port Authority so all counters are "the same" and are not specific to any airline. That said, if the Princess rep/TA is unable to give you more specific info, I would go with the advice of a previous poster and go to the main terminal. Ground transportation counters are located on the first floor beside the baggage claim area at lga.

If you still don't have a definitive answer from these boards/princess/ta I would call ground transportation at lga and ask them if they will be able to contact Princess for you after explaining the situation. If you wanted to wait you can ask them while you're waiting for your baggage when you land at lga. They are very helpful/informative and the ny/nj port authority has an excellent website as well.

I'm surprised Princess could not give you a real answer but I don't think you should worry - lga is a small airport in comparison to most and is pretty navigable/straightforward. Good luck! :)

Well now I am even more confused. I have not booked the flight yet but it will be on Delta. So I will get that flight info. to the Princess TA Rep.

Thanks for all the input.

Hugh

There is nothing to be confused over.....

This (flight info) does not apply because you are flying in the day before.

Just be at the baggage claim area on embarkation day to catch your transfer to the pier. There will be a rep there all day with a big Princess sign.

Where are you staying the night?

Let Princess know you are flying in a day earlier and that you are going to be back at the airport at a certain time. Your travel agent should do this for you. Telling you to go to the ground transportation desk is not the correct answer. If the T.A. cannot or will not get this information for you, then I would not use this T.A. again. Giving them the flight you are coming in on, really won't help them since they are not meeting you the day before. Also depending on where you are staying(if it ends up being one of the pre-cruise hotels, that princess is using) you might be able to get a transfer from there.

Ground transportation at LGA is run by the Port Authority so all counters are "the same" and are not specific to any airline. That said, if the Princess rep/TA is unable to give you more specific info, I would go with the advice of a previous poster and go to the main terminal. Ground transportation counters are located on the first floor beside the baggage claim area at lga.

If you still don't have a definitive answer from these boards/princess/ta I would call ground transportation at lga and ask them if they will be able to contact Princess for you after explaining the situation. If you wanted to wait you can ask them while you're waiting for your baggage when you land at lga. They are very helpful/informative and the ny/nj port authority has an excellent website as well.

I'm surprised Princess could not give you a real answer but I don't think you should worry - lga is a small airport in comparison to most and is pretty navigable/straightforward. Good luck! :)

Thanks for the help.

There is nothing to be confused over.....

This (flight info) does not apply because you are flying in the day before.

Just be at the baggage claim area on embarkation day to catch your transfer to the pier. There will be a rep there all day with a big Princess sign.

Where are you staying the night?

Sheraton Hotel at LGA about 3 miles away.

Hugh

Let Princess know you are flying in a day earlier and that you are going to be back at the airport at a certain time. Your travel agent should do this for you. Telling you to go to the ground transportation desk is not the correct answer. If the T.A. cannot or will not get this information for you, then I would not use this T.A. again. Giving them the flight you are coming in on, really won't help them since they are not meeting you the day before. Also depending on where you are staying(if it ends up being one of the pre-cruise hotels, that princess is using) you might be able to get a transfer from there.

Thanks Donna5. It is Princess that I booked the cruise through so I am working with their TA.

Hugh

I almost always fly in several days early and I go directly to the pier from my hotel. I would NEVER go back to the airport ANY airport and hassle with incoming flights when for the same price or probably less you grab a cab or a shuttle or a town car at the hotel and go to the dock with a big smile on your face. Reconsider if you need the transfer. Usually they do not offer a transfer if you are not flying in right then.

I almost always fly in several days early and I go directly to the pier from my hotel. I would NEVER go back to the airport ANY airport and hassle with incoming flights when for the same price or probably less you grab a cab or a shuttle or a town car at the hotel and go to the dock with a big smile on your face. Reconsider if you need the transfer. Usually they do not offer a transfer if you are not flying in right then.

Good idea I was thinking of that, I just booked the flight

Thanks,

Hugh

Since we are flying in a day ahead of the cruise we will have to go back to LGA to get the Bus

You might want to consider dropping the Princess transportation and just take a cab from where you are staying to the pier (assuming you are actually staying closer to the pier than LGA is).

The cost of getting back to LGA might exceed the cost of just taking a cab to the pier.

You might want to consider dropping the Princess transportation and just take a cab from where you are staying to the pier (assuming you are actually staying closer to the pier than LGA is).

The cost of getting back to LGA might exceed the cost of just taking a cab to the pier.

We are flying down a day ahead of the cruise. We staying 3 miles from LGA at the Sheraton Airport Hotel. After reading these posts I am thinking of doing just what you suggested. It may be easirer and less of a hassle to get a cab to the port from the Hotel rather then go go back to LGA to get the transfer Bus.

Thanks,

Hugh

We are flying down a day ahead of the cruise. We staying 3 miles from LGA at the Sheraton Airport Hotel. After reading these posts I am thinking of doing just what you suggested. It may be easirer and less of a hassle to get a cab to the port from the Hotel rather then go go back to LGA to get the transfer Bus.

Thanks,

Hugh

It would be much easier to do your own thing to the pier.

Take a car service, they are about $50 with no meter.

Actually, assuming you are referring to the Sheraton La Guardia East, the comment about the cost of getting back to the airport does not make sense, since the hotel provides free shuttle in both directions. However, I do agree on the convenience and economics of a cab to the port, at least if you are not traveling alone.

Bill

It would be much easier to do your own thing to the pier.

Take a car service, they are about $50 with no meter.

That is what we are going to do. Can I call the service the day we get there for the next day or do I have to make it weeks before we get there? Do you have anyone in mind?

billie5 yes you are correct and I did not think about the free shuttle back to the airport.

Thank you both:)

That is what we are going to do. Can I call the service the day we get there for the next day or do I have to make it weeks before we get there? Do you have anyone in mind?

billie5 yes you are correct and I did not think about the free shuttle back to the airport.

Thank you both:)

Here are 2, they do not take reservations.

Just call them 10-15 minutes before you want to be picked up.

They will give you a price over the phone, confirm with the driver.

Cadman 866-308-5466

Arecibo 718-783-6465

Archived