Inside Cabins (Staterooms)

Vernipper

First of all.... you save a lot of money. I prefer inside cabins for SOLO ME.

You can leave the t.v. on the channel that has the ship's bow and delete the music on it before going to sleep and in the morning you will see the sun come up and know that it is morning. Plus, it works like a nite-lite.

I am clustophobic.... so I like to open the front door and also open the bathroom door to create more of a feel of more space and nobody can really look into the cabin. Or.... I take a piece of cloth and I use duck tape to tape the cloth to the front door where I can see the hallway on the top and bottom half.

The cabin stewards love it because it reminds them of home.

I always book early so I can get a cabin near an elevator, near mid-ship or Aft.

The best cruise-lines for insider cabins are Carnival and Celebrity because the cabins are larger than the other cruiselines.

Some people say that as long as they are on the ship they don't care if the cabin is an insider.

There are plenty of quiet spaces on the ships to go take a nap on a lounge chair looking out at the ocean or just enjoy the view.

By booking the inside cabins I have saved a lot of money so I can afford to book extra cruises.

We have done inside, outside and balcony, and for us it depends on the itinerary as well as cost. For a port intensive cruise we have no problem with inside cabins because we spend little time in them. Since many people spend time on their balconies, it isn't hard to find a spot to sit outside, although we are not sun worshippers so are not seeking a prime spot by the pool. I would rather be on a ship in an inside cabin than at home any day!

Sheila

You may also keep the weight down being you have to walk to the buffet to eat, instead of room service :rolleyes:

All of our Celebrity cruise have been in inside staterooms. I love the dark and the great price,but we always have been able to use room service.

We almost always book inside cabins. We love them. They are less expensive so we can afford to cruise more often. They are dark so you sleep better. I also find that they stay cooler in warm weather cruises and warmer in cold weather cruises because they are insulted and do not have access to the outside elements.

I also have found that the inside cabins we have stayed in were in better condition than the concierge class cabins we have stayed in. Don't know why, but they have been.

In our 14 cruises we have had 3 conciege class, 1 outside and the rest were inside cabins. Our upcoming October cruise we have an inside cabin booked.

So there are people out there who do like the inside cabins.

I've done suites and balconies to death on most of the cruise lines, now only consider an inside cabin when looking at prices. The last bunch of cruises were all inside cabins (except my last one on the QM2) and I prefer them. I often travel solo and the cost difference can be substantial. I've almost always worked nightshifts and the complete darkness and peacefulness that an inside cabin offers maintains my sleep requirements.

We have been on 10 cruises - about evenly divided between inside and balcony cabins. While we love our balconies, we have no problem with inside cabins - I sleep better in an inside cabin on a ship that I do anywhere else.

All of our Celebrity cruise have been in inside staterooms. I love the dark and the great price,but we always have been able to use room service.

Correct you certainly can get room service in an inside cabin.

We mostly sail in one, but its not the same as having breakfast on a balconey.

Some of our best cruises have been in an inside cabin.

I've ranged from inside staterooms to junior suites on RCCL. The next cruise is a balcony for 3, but the following three cruises are inside staterooms. I love sleeping in the dark, so I won't need to bring a mask! (Just earplugs for the snoring DH!) Althought a balcony is nice, we can just sit outside o nthe pool deck and relax.

Most important is the cost:

My cruise to Northern Europe next year cost $512 per person in an inside. It doubles for an outside porthole and triples for a balcony! By staying inside, it allows me to do 3 cruises next year! Can't beat that!

Absolutely agree - love inside cabins. We usually cruise on Celebrity M class ships and choose Cat. 9 midships - just perfect. They are a very reasonable size with plenty of wardrobe space and drawers.

We have tried a much smaller ship than Celebrity and chose a balcony because the insides were just too small. We had very little use out of the balcony because the weather was not very good. Although it was nice to try a balcony we do not feel we are missing out. On the contrary, we are able to cruise more often which is such a plus.

On sea days we are out of the cabin enjoying the ship, the company of new friends and the amenities of the ship and on port days we are off the ship.

So here is a big thumbs up for inside cabins.

Archived