No Maker's Mark

We were on Oasis of the Seas last week and my husband was very disappointed that they no longer carry his favorite Maker's Mark. It's on the bar menus, but the bartenders say Royal Caribbean no longer stocks it. One even mentioned that the contract with Maker's Mark was not renewed.

Does anyone have any further information on this?

Very interesting point this, I cannot remember the last time when information on a suppliers contract was actually mentioned as part of a cruise contract. You must have been so disappointed, please let us know how your claim for compensation is progressing. :rolleyes: I like Makers Mark but it is not a deal breaker for me, as I am sure there would be many other drinks I could enjoy.:)

.........One even mentioned that the contract with Maker's Mark was not renewed.

Does anyone have any further information on this?

He tried every other bourbon on the ship, even some mojitos, mai tais, and fru fru drinks. He's just a die hard MM fan. They had it on Liberty, so we assumed they would have it.

I am ashamed to admit that we have used other means on previous cruises, but for this one, we decided we could afford to buy drinks and the cruise line is running a business and should get their just money for beverages, so we stuck to the rules. But it was a huge disappointment for him.

It won't be a dealbreaker, though, for future RCCL cruises. As long as they don't take the Flow Rider away...

You must have been so disappointed, please let us know how your claim for compensation is progressing. :rolleyes:
Disappointed, yes, but no claim for compensation. The fun we had was well worth the price paid!

Well I was happy to see it on the menu in the thread on bar menus. I guess that was one of those fleeting happy moments. Well they do have others that I like.

I wonder if not renewing the contract was because of a lack of sales?

Very interesting point this, I cannot remember the last time when information on a suppliers contract was actually mentioned as part of a cruise contract. You must have been so disappointed, please let us know how your claim for compensation is progressing. :rolleyes:

WOW-What side of the bed did you roll out of this morning!! :eek:

Was that really necessary???

I am ashamed to admit that we have used other means on previous cruises, but for this one, we decided we could afford to buy drinks and the cruise line is running a business and should get their just money for beverages, so we stuck to the rules. But it was a huge disappointment for him.

It won't be a dealbreaker, though, for future RCCL cruises. As long as they don't take the Flow Rider away...

Don't be ashamed of using 'other means' !! ;) Thanks for the link to your trip report. :)

Good news for the Maker's fans. My husband told me tonight that one of the bartenders he spoke to told him that for some cruises they just don't get the MM in time to have it in stock. Maybe it was a one-time deal...

Oh get real, there is no point of having a sacastic smiley face available to post, if you never get chance to use it.:D:rolleyes::D

WOW-What side of the bed did you roll out of this morning!! :eek:

Was that really necessary???

Oh get real, there is no point of having a sacastic smiley face available to post, if you never get chance to use it.:D:rolleyes::D

And good morning again.Try the other side tomorrow morning!!

:D:rolleyes::D

As a Maker's Mark Ambassador, I'd be disappointed too. I'll fire off an Email to Bill and ask why? On our Ultimate Caribbean cruise in 04, the bars ran out of MM the second day. An email was sent to Bill and the next day ( a port day ) it was back in all the bars.

AUbie

Archived