limo in rome vs rome in limo

travelgirl4ever

Just got back from our cruise on Sunday, and used Limo in Rome for both ports serving Rome and Naples. We (7 of us) booked the Rome tour over a year prior to the cruise and added Naple a few months ago. Our driver was Luigi for both days and we could not have been happier. We were delayed from leaving the ship for 2 hours in Rome, but there was Luigi still waiting , and greeting us with a smile. He, without question or cost, extended our tour 2 hours. Everything was very professional and personalized. We got back to the ship after 7:00 pm. We recieved the same great service in Naples the next day. We were very happy with the services and look forward to having the chance of using thm again. Limo in Rome also offers better rates than the other, and multiple port discounts.

Checked the link. It is all reviews about RIL. Looking for reviews about LIR. . . .

Eveyone comments on RIL as if they are the only company. Almost seems they have a monoply on the market, but I never read a bad review on any company. I also took a chance on an unknown company in Livorno and had a wonderful, if not great experience. It seems that bad experiences need to be posted as to warn against companies not to use.

I'm curious what price are they offering / vehicle and what discount for doing 3 ports/tours? I am one of the many who in the end choose RIL as when I divided the cost by 17 it turned out to be just a few euro/person/day.

I like competition, nothing would be better than a few more tour operators with a reputation. From the looks of the cars and other things with RIL they appear to make a good living.

I have heard a lot of recommendations for RIL. But I have gotten good prices for 3 tours with LIR. Has anybody used LIR?? The play on words can be deceiving.

I agree about the competition. Most things wouldn't be what they are without it. But having used RIL in the past I don't see any reason for me to switch. Using them again for 3 tours this coming December.

I have nothing against RIL, and am sure they are very good. However, we just used Through Eternity, which I think is recommended by Rick Steves. Anyway, they did a private Vatican tour for us, and it was Fabulous. We went through a good portion of the Vatican Museum and St. Peter's. They picked us up at the port in a small, clean, comfortable bus. Our guide, Stephane, originally from the Netherlands, was knowledgeable and great. He helped us with the wheelchair we were using for one of the more elderly members of our party. It was a 5 hour tour (at the museum) and while we, of course, could not see everything, we saw a lot. We had been there before, but not like this.

We have used private and cruise sponsored excurions in the past, in a lot of different places. This was one of the best. I strongly recommend them.

Ohiodoglover

Just in case I did not make myself clear when I posted the original question - Rome in Limo and Limo in Rome are two different companies. We have booked 3 excursions from 3 ports for 4 people with LIR. The cost is Euro 1380. We travel in Oct. Will give my review then! Just wondered about others experiences with LIR.

We did RIL for 3 ports for 1500 total ( actually it was 2x as we had two cars in each ) Figure 5 people in each so you are looking at 120 euros/3 ports and 6 people to divide this. In the end did math as I was talking everything was 2x and came to my decision price wasn't going to get into this after how much I spent the cruise, air, and overall port expenses.

Just in case I did not make myself clear when I posted the original question - Rome in Limo and Limo in Rome are two different companies. We have booked 3 excursions from 3 ports for 4 people with LIR. The cost is Euro 1380. We travel in Oct. Will give my review then! Just wondered about others experiences with LIR.

We used limo in Rome in 2006 for a port day in Rome, we were very happy with their service. We were so pleased with Claudio that we have booked all our transfer with him for our upcoming trip in September.

Eveyone comments on RIL as if they are the only company. Almost seems they have a monoply on the market, but I never read a bad review on any company. I also took a chance on an unknown company in Livorno and had a wonderful, if not great experience. It seems that bad experiences need to be posted as to warn against companies not to use.

What was the name of this unknown company. Will be in Livorno on Aug 1 2010, would like to give RIL and LIR and others some competition by trying this unknown company.

thanks

We used "Your Tour in Italy" when we were in Livorno. Our tour guide was Marzia and she was great. She was very energenic and was extremely knowlegeable of the Tuscany area. She is a professor at the U of Pisa and loved sharing her knowlege of the city. She navigated the streets of Pisa and Florence with proficiency, and as our request, took us to a great winery for a sampling. We paid 570 euro for 7 of us. We booked only two weeks before our cruise and ended up with a superior experience.

http://www.yourtourinitaly.com/joomla/.

We used LIR last year for Florence/Pisa and Rome. For the Florence/Pisa tour I orgnized 3 vans that each held 8 people (total of 24 people). They were great and we had a wonderful time. For Rome, just 1 car and driver/tour guide for 4 of us. Again everything was perfect.

• 1 month later...

Yes, there is a difference. We have used limoinrome.com with Claudio Caponera. We will be using him again in the spring for port transfers as well as an all day tour of Rome. He is professional, efficient and will take you absolutely anywhere.

Last year we did an all day tour of Rome. It was our first trip overseas, so we were very green. It was so worth it in every way. Even DH quit belly aching about the expense after our city tour. I kept quick notes and found that we visited 17 sites in one day. We couldn't have done that on our own in 5 days! We e-mailed back and forth with our list plus things he added. He took us places we never would have known to ask about. We also asked him for a recommendation for lunch. He took us to a lovely restaurant near Piazza Navona on a Sunday. The place was packed but our table for 2 was waiting for us.

Like most tour companies Claudio charges by the car. Thus, it becomes more reasonable if you split with 1 or 2 additional couples. Try him, you'll like him!

Archived