Southern Carribean- which itinerary?

glowwormeh

Have narrowed it down to Princess Emerald, 10 night cruises;

options are:

(both cruises go to Princess Cays & St. Thomas, but vary on the following ports)

itinerary #1 - Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, Dominica

intinerary #2 - Antiqua, St. lucia, barbados, st. kitts

We are a couple in our later 20's, and have not been anywhere in the carribean. We don't want to spend too much on excursions, would rather snorkel on our own, hang out on the beach (not tons of other people), go for a hike, light shopping, see the local sights, etc. The month of travel is September if that makes any difference.

Which one should we pick??

Have narrowed it down to Princess Emerald, 10 night cruises;

options are:

(both cruises go to Princess Cays & St. Thomas, but vary on the following ports)

itinerary #1 - Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, Dominica

intinerary #2 - Antiqua, St. lucia, barbados, st. kitts

We are a couple in our later 20's, and have not been anywhere in the carribean. We don't want to spend too much on excursions, would rather snorkel on our own, hang out on the beach (not tons of other people), go for a hike, light shopping, see the local sights, etc. The month of travel is September if that makes any difference.

Which one should we pick??

#1 hands down...rent a cheap car at the port in Aruba and do Bumping Tours with Levi in Dominica...won't regret either of them.

Been to all these ports. You'll get your fill of shopping in St. Thomas. I'd go itinerary #1. Save up some money and take the half day tour in Aruba with gogreenzebra, it's a blast. In Bonaire go Snorkeling with Renee-inexpensive, you snorkel in the ocean right off the side of the road and the multiple colored fish, eels, octopus etc were amazing!

i have been on both of these cruises, and am going again in december. i personally like number 2 better, as i didnt like grenada at all. very run down, poor and dirty. i did however like bonaire, but i love the beaches and warm atmosphere of barbados, and antigua. st thomas is great if you like shopping and lots of people. either way, you cant go wrong

• 3 months later...

In St. Thomas, Emerald Beach is within walking distance of the dock. It's never been crowded when we've been there. Or if you have enough time to go to St. John's on your own, go to Cinnamon Bay. It's much less crowded than Trunk Bay.

Archived