*Possible* CC group cruise "Spirit of the 'MAGIC'al dream" Feb 26-Mar 4 on the Magic

satex

Hi Everyone!

I know we havent been around much...sorry....with my hand surgery I have just been kinda limited on here and getting ready to have the 2nd hand surgery and lots of KID stuff going on!

Here's my thoughts. RIght now we have so much up in the air...we are just hoping we can still manage the MIRACLE cruise in March of next year...but with so many unknowns its hard to make a committment eventhough I know this is only tentative...

Would LOVE to go on the Magic and of course with all my SPIRIT buds and new friends too..WHO WOULDNT but we've done this itinerary before...so we'll wait and see what the pricing is! Ya know Rich..APRIL would be a much better MONTH! LOL

ANywho...thats the story...honestly, Steve and I havent even talked about it...right now in our heads...we talked about that Panama cruise for our 10th anniversary in 2013.

So just wanted to say hi....and let you know we arent ignoring you....just not sure we can do this!

Love to you all and maybe we should keep in touch more....

Chat soon! xoxox Queen Bee :D

Cathy told me to come over here from the Looney Bin, so here I am.

It's very tempting Cathy... let me ponder this for a bit. We cannot financially commit to anything for at least a month or two as we're about to move... again. Oh yeah, and there's that pesky thing called our wedding. ;)

Well I am highly interested in pricing, so add me to the list I guess. As long as I'm allowed to back out. It may be a bit out of our price range being a new ship and all. And after this year we may only be able to afford accommodations on the Mardi Gras or the Carnivale :eek:

Hello All

CATHY P!!!! MY SOULMATE!!! So glad you are coming along!!

Wecome to Poofy (hopefully) and Flint and Ursula as well.

This is a real fun group.

I joined up with them for the 1st time in February and had a blast.

Julie, I hear ya girl...hope it works out that you and hottie can make it.

Hey Cathy, maybe Daddy will want to come along... :)

Welcome Flint and Ursula. Your going to love this cruise and this group. You know that when I looked at your home town I knew that I have seen Checotah, OK before, so I mapquested it. Sure enough, last weekend we (West and myself) drove right through your town on our way up to Tulsa. Had we known ya’ll 2 weeks ago, we could have stopped to say Hi. Loved that HUGE lake ya’ll have there. Small world!!!.

Andrea – your right! The posting police came along and bam, wiped us out. Just a small infraction (bumping). Lori is already the Bar Bus Hope director (but she sure did a bang up job at the Radisson). For that matter, you both did!!! Maybe she'll do both?

Marie – yes you did post the 4th of July pic, but the posting police came and took it away. Sure was nice while it lasted though. Thanks for posting it.

Julie – loved one – now you know that we knew that you weren’t ignoring us. Sure hope that hand gets better soon. Can’t be a two fisted drinker with just one hand! Lol. You know that this cruise just wouldn’t be the same without the two of you, so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Cathy P (Ms Coors Light) – Again you know that this cruise just wouldn’t be the same without ya’ll either. We are so glad to hear that ya’ll are interested. Thanks for bringing Poofy with ya.

Poofy – I’ve been following the Looney board, and let me tell you that you are in for a treat with Marie and Chelle as your group leaders. They are a GREAT pair of ladies, love'um both. I still haven’t ruled the Looney cruise out myself. Welcome to this one.

Just one more thing, lets keep Janet in our preys and hearts as she keeps dealing with her illness (as I’m going to need her help with the position I’ve put myself into).

So now lets add our newest names:

1. RICH & WEST (satex)

2. REY AND FRANCIS

3. ZORI AND JUAN (3 cabins)

4. Mike & Sylvia

5. Ruthy & hubby

6. Jerod & Emilee

7. Bert & Peggy

8. Nancy and Asa (lilnan)

9. Shelly +1

10. Ron and Carmen

11. Migdelia and June

12. Lori and Don (leaderdogmom)

13. Marie and Chelle (Marie - Koval)

14. Sherri and Mike (She-ra)

15. Andrea and Dave (Flippr5657)

16. Janet and Judie

17. David and spouse

18. Flint and Ursula (flintg)

19. Cathy and Kenny (Cathy p)

20. Poofy (PoofyTheCat)

WHO'S NEXT?

Evening, all SMDers ( spirited magical dreamers??)) hope everyone is staying cool if they are having the heat wave like we are. 98 degrees today on my porch :eek: And yes, it is officially a heat wave, now that it is lasting more than three days.

Welcome to Poofy, Cathy P, Flint and Ursula! I think this is going to be one great group--look how active the posts are this far ahead!

Looks like I am going to be busy with the assignments y'all have given me-- pudding/jello shot co-director, welcome at the hotel director, and bar bus hope (hop?? :D) director. Did I miss that one?? Thats what I get for enjoying an adult beverage while on FB. That's ok, I'm supposed to be staying away from jellyfish and the ocean so I might as well go bar hopping!!! I don't think Don will be hard to convince :D

Well, time to get ready for bed, I sure hate to have to go to work tomorrow in this heat, maybe all the clients will stay away ( doubt it) but got to pay for my next cruise somehow!!! Nite all

Hi all,

OK, Andrea pointed out to me that driving to Galveston from Pennsylvania is only 1600 miles. I checked the mileage from Pa. to Florida, which we have done several times and will do again in March for the Mateys cruise, it's 1300 miles. So I asked hubby Robert, if we can drive to Florida for 1300 miles, do you think we can drive to Texas for 1600 miles? It's about 5 hours longer. He answered, and I quote, "Why not?"

Woo Hoo.......Rich, PLEASE put my name and Robert's as interested. Now, it's not a definite no, although it's not a definite yes, at this time, either!!

Good evening (as Lori says) SMDers.

Sheryl, long time no talk. How have you been? It's really great to see that you and Robert are interested in this cruise also. We are so glad to have ya'll.

Lori, Already looking forward to the jello shots!!!:D And I will help with the Bar Bus Hop.:cool:

Adding Sheryl and Robert:

1. RICH & WEST (satex)

2. REY AND FRANCIS

4. Mike & Sylvia

5. Ruthy & hubby

6. Jerod & Emilee

7. Bert & Peggy

9. Shelly +1

10. Ron and Carmen

11. Migdelia and June

13. Marie and Chelle (Marie - Koval, Chelle - doddsm)

16. Janet and Judie

17. David and spouse

20. Poofy (PoofyTheCat)

21. Sheryl and Robert (Crazeecat5)

WHO'S NEXT?

Hey Rich,

Thanks for the welcome. It would be great to finally sail with my Dreamer friends! Hoping for some good prices.....that would make it even sweeter.

I have no idea what kind of prices we are going to get, but hopefully the more that are interested in the cruise, the better the prices. And it would be great to finally meet ya'll.

Evening, all SMDers ( spirited magical dreamers??)) hope everyone is staying cool if they are having the heat wave like we are. 98 degrees today on my porch :eek: And yes, it is officially a heat wave, now that it is lasting more than three days.

Welcome to Poofy, Cathy P, Flint and Ursula! I think this is going to be one great group--look how active the posts are this far ahead!

Looks like I am going to be busy with the assignments y'all have given me-- pudding/jello shot co-director, welcome at the hotel director, and bar bus hope (hop?? :D) director. Did I miss that one?? Thats what I get for enjoying an adult beverage while on FB. That's ok, I'm supposed to be staying away from jellyfish and the ocean so I might as well go bar hopping!!! I don't think Don will be hard to convince :D

Well, time to get ready for bed, I sure hate to have to go to work tomorrow in this heat, maybe all the clients will stay away ( doubt it) but got to pay for my next cruise somehow!!! Nite all

Good evening (as Lori says) SMDers.

Sheryl, long time no talk. How have you been? It's really great to see that you and Robert are interested in this cruise also. We are so glad to have ya'll.

Lori, Already looking forward to the jello shots!!!:D And I will help with the Bar Bus Hop.:cool:

Adding Sheryl and Robert:

1. RICH & WEST (satex)

2. REY AND FRANCIS

4. Mike & Sylvia

5. Ruthy & hubby

6. Jerod & Emilee

7. Bert & Peggy

9. Shelly +1

10. Ron and Carmen

11. Migdelia and June

16. Janet and Judie

17. David and spouse

20. Poofy (PoofyTheCat)

21. Sheryl and Robert (Crazeecat5)

WHO'S NEXT?

Love that Lori... SMD'ers

look at your group growing Rich.. looking good!

The looneys are chatting you up. ;)

and you may have to add an "L" to the SMD'ers

Thanks, everyone for your welcome.

Poofy, so glad you are on here, Sheryl, can't wait to meet you again.

Andrea, my buddie, wow again.

Rich, thanks for my title of Ms. Coor's Light. I feel so special.

Off to work.

Poofy will not be attending this cruise event....

She's a cat!

So please change #20 to Andy and Mimi. Poofy is sorry that she cannot attend, but those are Carnival's rules. She'll have to romp and stomp Chicago while we are away. :D

Poofy will not be attending this cruise event....

She's a cat!

So please change #20 to Andy and Mimi. Poofy is sorry that she cannot attend, but those are Carnival's rules. She'll have to romp and stomp Chicago while we are away. :D

Hi Mimi,

I'm Sheryl, an old friend of this bunch here. Glad to meet you. I see you are sailing with Marie & Chelle....you are sure to have a blast. And if this one comes to be, I think we are all in for the time of our lives!!

Hi Mimi,

I'm Sheryl, an old friend of this bunch here. Glad to meet you. I see you are sailing with Marie & Chelle....you are sure to have a blast. And if this one comes to be, I think we are all in for the time of our lives!!

Hi Sheryl!! Yes, I'm a proud Looney under the direction of Marie and Chelle.

I'm off to the maps to visually see where Galveston is. My geography is very weak when it comes to Texas. I think Dallas is roughly in the center/right and Houston is in the Southeast... I'm slightly embarrassed for my lack of knowledge. I'm guessing that Houston would be the airport to fly into. I may have a million questions here in a minute...

I really like the sea days. I am not very good at port intensive cruises.

I get too tired...

Have we got excursions figured out, or am I jumping the gun a little :o

Andrea,

Everywhere you go, you make me laugh!!:D

I agree about sea days...love them!

Love that Lori... SMD'ers

look at your group growing Rich.. looking good!

The looneys are chatting you up. ;)

and you may have to add an "L" to the SMD'ers

How about "Spirit of the 'MAGIC'al Looney Dream" cruise?:D

Maybe we should wait until we become an "official" group?

How about "Spirit of the 'MAGIC'al Looney Dream" cruise?:D

Maybe we should wait until we become an "official" group?

I have a feeling that you will have no problem becoming Official. It may just take a little while.......

Good afternoon cruisers. Another hot one here today. Havent't heard anything back from Laura yet, but I'm sure that she is real busy and will get back with me as soon as she can.

Mimi - I'm so sorry that Poofy won't be able to join us on the cruise, so I will change it to yourself and Andy. Now to answer your question. Dallas is more north Texas with Austin being in the middle of the state (San Antonio is about 70 miles south of Austin). Now you are correct in that you will fly into Houston. If possible Houston Hobby is better since it is in south Houston and Galveston is about 45 miles south of Houston. I will be working on shuttle once we do become official. If you have any other question, just ask away.

Cathy - You already know that your Special!!!:cool:

Hi Sheryl. Since you'll be driving, along with others, I will find a hotel with a park and cruise package. I know that the La Quinta has a deal that for an extra $15 you can park for up to 7 days and shuttle to and from the terminal. Much cheaper then parking at the pier.

Speaking of parking at the pier. In Texas if you are a disabled veteran, then you can park for FREE. West is a disabled vet and we park free everytime we cruise out of Galveston. If anyone needs more info on that, just let me know.

Andrea - I have a few idea's about excursions, but again, I think we should wait until we become an official group before we start anything like that. Thanks for asking though.

Here is the list of those interested so far:

1. RICH & WEST (satex)

2. REY AND FRANCIS

4. Mike & Sylvia

5. Ruthy & hubby

6. Jerod & Emilee

7. Bert & Peggy

9. Shelly +1

10. Ron and Carmen

11. Migdelia and June

16. Janet and Judie

17. David and spouse

20. Mimi and Andy (PoofyTheCat)

21. Sheryl and Robert (Crazeecat5

So who will be next to be added to the list?

Hi Sheryl. Since you'll be driving, along with others, I will find a hotel with a park and cruise package. I know that the La Quinta has a deal that for an extra $15 you can park for up to 7 days and shuttle to and from the terminal. Much cheaper then parking at the pier.

Speaking of parking at the pier. In Texas if you are a disabled veteran, then you can park for FREE. West is a disabled vet and we park free everytime we cruise out of Galveston. If anyone needs more info on that, just let me know.

Hey Rich,

I would definitely be interested in the Park & Cruise Package.

However,is the free parking at the pier just for Veteran's who were disabled in the line of duty? I ask this because my husband is disabled and a Veteran but not disabled due to his service. I am also disabled. We have the disabled placard in our car.

Thanks.

Archived