*Possible* CC group cruise "Spirit of the 'MAGIC'al dream" Feb 26-Mar 4 on the Magic

satex

Just talked with a friend here at work and Kim and her husband are interested for sure. Adding more to the list:)

1. RICH & WEST (satex) (group leader)

2. REY AND FRANCIS

3. ZORI AND JUAN (3 cabins)

4. Mike & Sylvia

5. Ruthy & hubby

6. Jerod & Emilee

7. Bert & Peggy

8. Nancy and Asa (lilnan)

9. Shelly +1

10. Ron and Carmen

11. Migdelia and June

12. Lori and Don (leaderdogmom)

13. Marie and Chelle (Marie - Koval, Chelle - doddsm)

14. Sherri and Mike (She-ra)

15. Andrea and Dave (Flippr5657)

16. Janet and Judie

17. David and spouse

18. Flint and Ursula (flintg)

19. Cathy and Kenny (Cathy p)

20. Mimi and Andy (PoofyTheCat)

21. Sheryl and Robert (Crazeecat5

22. Kim and Bill

So who will be next to be added to the list?

Hey Rich, thanks for all of the helpful info!

The more I look into this, the more I like it. I'm now just scared of the sticker shock when we actually do get pricing.

I understand that Mimi, but the good thing about starting this early is that we will have plenty of time to pay it off.

I understand that Mimi, but the good thing about starting this early is that we will have plenty of time to pay it off.

That's a very good point. Will specialty rooms be available? I am really interested in interior spa cabins. If I have full access to the spa, I won't be spending a waking moment in the cabin.

Or... does anybody know if we booked a regular interior if I alone could purchase a full 7 day spa pass that would be equivalent to what one would get staying in a spa cabin? I don't think Andy would use the spa nearly as much as me.

Thanks in advance. Let's get some people from the Chicago area interested so we could set up a carpool!

Hey, guys and gals!!

Rich, I love the name, it has my vote unless someone comes up with somthing better than you are screwed.lol

Sheryl, it is going to be so much fun with you onboard this one.

Andrea, I love sea days as well or port days with Coor's Light on the horizon.

OK, Poofy is gone on this one so it will be hard for me to keep track of mimi she really gets lost sometimes.

Off to Hell's Kitchen, night night!

Hi All!

FINALLY warm weather in the PNW :cool:

Rich...I would like to help where ever you need it .

Excursions or what ever.

Of course as soon as we are official I will be starting the countdown.

Hoping for official status and prices too. I know Mimi, when I asked for a specific stateroom on the last CC cruise, I had to pay the whole deposit at the time of the booking, not the low $25 fee.

It was worth it for us. Plus we ended up getting upgraded too. I think Cathy P had some time of spa package too..I am going to look into it too.

I am trying to convince my gf and her hubby to come along too...

That's a very good point. Will specialty rooms be available? I am really interested in interior spa cabins. If I have full access to the spa, I won't be spending a waking moment in the cabin.

Or... does anybody know if we booked a regular interior if I alone could purchase a full 7 day spa pass that would be equivalent to what one would get staying in a spa cabin? I don't think Andy would use the spa nearly as much as me.

Thanks in advance. Let's get some people from the Chicago area interested so we could set up a carpool!

Mimi - that's is something I will have to ask Laura once I hear from her. I'm not sure about the 7 day spa pass but as I remember from someone that had one, you don't have access to all the spa has to offer. We might have to check with Carnival on that one. Now as far as getting others from the Chicago area, I will leave that one up to you!;)

Mimi - that's is something I will have to ask Laura once I hear from her. I'm not sure about the 7 day spa pass but as I remember from someone that had one, you don't have access to all the spa has to offer. We might have to check with Carnival on that one. Now as far as getting others from the Chicago area, I will leave that one up to you!;)

Rich, alrighty, thank you. When Poofy heard me say "spa" she demanded that we take her in our luggage. Cats.... :eek:

Evening all! still hot here, up to 98 today:eek:, and it was 82 in my office, made for a long day. I'm confident we will get some good pricing for this cruise, but like you said Rich, there's lots of time to save. We will be doing a park and cruise too. We've had a good experience with the LaQuinta in Cocoa Beach three times now, hopefully the one is Galveston will be just as good. I'm kinda excited about driving down, never having been west of the Mississippi before! I too like the sea days, wouldn't it be nice to alternate the port and sea days though??

Rich, alrighty, thank you. When Poofy heard me say "spa" she demanded that we take her in our luggage. Cats.... :eek:

Welcome Mimi!!! just tell Poofy she is going to her own spa--we tell our golden retreiver Callie that she is going to the doggie spa (kennel). They do pamper her there, so I guess whatever works! LOL!!

Hey rich, where are we going again on this Cruise, once we get official and to Feb 2012?

I could look it up, but I would rather just post it here to ask, so others can see it again too

for reasons, I can not say on this board, I am asking here, and not saying why :D so I will FB you and spill it :)

Mark me down as very interested.Dean and Cathy..

This is almost perfect for us..

The 26th is our anniversary, we just about can't do a summer cruise,due to DH's business..

I am going to have to seriously choose between this and the Mariner,when she gets to Galveston.But we have done Mariner...so......short story long..put us down..

Welcome Mimi!!! just tell Poofy she is going to her own spa--we tell our golden retreiver Callie that she is going to the doggie spa (kennel). They do pamper her there, so I guess whatever works! LOL!!

Thank you! That's adorable that you tell your Callie that she is going to the doggie spa. We have an "uncle" for Poofy who comes over and checks in on her. She could never handle a place with other felines as she can be a bit snooty to others. My Mom always jokes that while we are away on trips that Poofy uses the internet to set up town cars to arrive to take her to the Magnificent Mile for afternoons of shopping and primping. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was actually true. :o

I did a search if anybody else is interested on spa rooms and such. Granted, there was nothing specific to the Magic, but from what I could tell, the rooms on spa level kind of stink as far as noise from the following as reported by people who stayed in them:

1. Waterslide tramples up the stairs

2. Dumb bells being dropped to the ground

3. Treadmills

4. A "gong" noise

5. People running around/doors slamming

One person mentioned that the price of spa access on a particular ship was 249/pp. They went on to mention that the spa offered daily passes, sometimes at discounts, and the price of the unlimited access went down as the cruise progressed.

One person presented a perfect picture of tranquility by describing every sauna, steam room, hot tub, therapy pool in great detail.

So in summary, I think for me, right now, if I was to go on this cruise, I'd want an interior or ocean view and will purchase an individual pass for myself once on board the Magic. That way I can still benefit from the reduced deposit of $25. And I can wait and decide last minute if a spa pass would be right for me.

Now for Andy, he'd be interested in a 24/7 pass to the steakhouse restaurant. Why don't they offer that?!? Cabins located adjacent to the steakhouse with a rib eye/eggs for breakfast, a delicate filet mignon for lunch, and of course the many offerings during dinner. Steakhouse cabins could come complete with a recliner, Western motif decor, and a king sized toilet for complete relaxation. :D

Blame my 'Looneyness' on Cathy, Marie, Chelle, and the Budweiser. :)

Edited To Add: My research on the spa cabins are in no way guaranteed to be accurate. That's just the info I personally found, usually with an additional person responding to each tidbit of info with a confirmation that it's actually correct.

Welcome Dean and Cathy. How can you pass up a new ship? We are going to let them get all the kinks out before they get to Galveston, and then have a great time on Carnival's newest ship. We are glad that you are interested. Stand by for pricing and booking info!

Marie - this one is just for you so you don't get lost and for those looking at this cruise:

This cruise is from Feb 26th through Mar 4, 2012 with the following itinerary.

Sunday, Feb 26 GALVESTON, TX 4:00pm

Monday, Feb 27 FUN DAY AT SEA

Tuesday, Feb 28 COZUMEL, MEXICO 8:00am 4:00pm

Wednesday, Feb 29 GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00am 4:00pm

Thursday, Mar 01 MONTEGO BAY, JAMAICA 9:00am 6:00pm

Friday, Mar 02 FUN DAY AT SEA

Saturday, Mar 03 FUN DAY AT SEA

Sunday, Mar 04 GALVESTON, TX 8:00am

Hi Lori - I know about the heat. Still hot and humd here today. Just think next month it will be up in the 100's. I'm just glad we are getting some rain this year.

Cathy P (see now I'm going to have to use that "P" or maybe just stick with "Ms Coors Light). Hi. Miss ya.

Mimi - I don't think the Bud has anything to do with it:D

Time to add Dean and Cathy to the list:

1. RICH & WEST (satex) (group leader)

2. REY AND FRANCIS

3. ZORI AND JUAN (3 cabins)

4. Mike & Sylvia

5. Ruthy & hubby

6. Jerod & Emilee

7. Bert & Peggy

8. Nancy and Asa (lilnan)

9. Shelly +1

10. Ron and Carmen

11. Migdelia and June

12. Lori and Don (leaderdogmom)

13. Marie and Chelle (Marie - Koval, Chelle - doddsm)

14. Sherri and Mike (She-ra)

15. Andrea and Dave (Flippr5657)

16. Janet and Judie

17. David and spouse

18. Flint and Ursula (flintg)

19. Cathy and Kenny (Cathy p)

20. Mimi and Andy (PoofyTheCat)

21. Sheryl and Robert (Crazeecat5

22. Kim and Bill

23. Dean and Cathy (brn2crz)

So who will be next to be added to the list?

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

I notice there is another group going on Dec 2011.

I know this one here,is not official yet,but just wondering what you think the chances are that this one (Feb 12) will get approved?

Also..I am out of the Carnival ship loop..Magic is in the dream class,yes? So is it pretty much identical?

We will be looking for an aft,preferably corner.What are the best to really good locations for this ship?

Fixing to start looking at the Dream reviews, and pictures..any info would be greatly appreciated!!

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

I notice there is another group going on Dec 2011.

I know this one here,is not official yet,but just wondering what you think the chances are that this one (Feb 12) will get approved?

Also..I am out of the Carnival ship loop..Magic is in the dream class,yes? So is it pretty much identical?

We will be looking for an aft,preferably corner.What are the best to really good locations for this ship?

Fixing to start looking at the Dream reviews, and pictures..any info would be greatly appreciated!!

There is a group in Dec 2011 that is official and I think the changes of this getting approved are pretty good since this is a new ship. The date is Feb 26 for this one. And yes, the Magic is the sister ship to the Dream. We sailed on the Dream in Feb and she is a mighty big ship! Loved it. There were a few in the group that did have an aft balcony's and they were really nice, but the one that I really liked was the cove balcony. The balcony was so close to the water, you could almost reach out and touch it:eek:. It really was neat. If I'm not mistaken they were located on the main deck (deck 2). Hope this helps.

PS: Where is Kingwood?

Hey Rich..thanks for the quick reply...sure hope it makes it as a group.

The cove sounds very cool.

Kingwood is N of Houston, very close to the big Airport,nestled between Hwy 59 and Lake Houston..

Well just stopping by over here to say hi to all my friends and to say that I can not stand the idea of you all Cruising without Betty and I.:eek:

Hi Bobbie. You know that we don't have to go without the two of you!:D:D:D The Magic is big enough for all of us.

Hey Rich..thanks for the quick reply...sure hope it makes it as a group.

The cove sounds very cool.

Kingwood is N of Houston, very close to the big Airport,nestled between Hwy 59 and Lake Houston..

:cool:Alright, a fellow TEXAN.:cool:

Archived