Shore Excusions in Corsica

steeda

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend some shore excursions or cruise tours for Ajaccio - Corsica, France?

Is this a port where we can just walk off the ship and go look around in the city?

Thanks

-Chris

Walking tours? Makes no sense in Ajaccio since this is a small city that can easily be explored on your own. The town also has a pretty nice sandy beach (on the left-side as you look inland) for those that want to enjoy a restful beach day. As to excursions (out of town) we thought the bus tour to the so-called Calanches was interesting because not only did you get to see the rock formations at the Calanches, but you got a nice long ride across the island. At least it was nice for those who like being on a bus.

Hank

I've heard that there are some great nature/adventure parks on Corsica, near Vero. Rope courses, walking tours of the parks, etc.

Anyone know anything about this? After many ports where we'll be exploring coastal towns, I think my family will want something different. I've tried looking at various websites for more info, but I speak no French whatsoever!

Not help with Corsica - I am also looking - but as far as the websites, use Google Translate. You can turn it on and it will automatically translate the pages quite well.

To everyone who responded:

I really appreciate your valuable input. I am happy to know that I can just walk off of the ship and check out all of the shops and restaurants. I'll also check the link provided to see if there are any bus tours of the island!

Thanks!

When we were there 2 years ago, we walked to the main square (5 Minutes) and bought a ticket to ride "The Petit Train". It was a nice tour/ride through the town, several miles out into the country side, and return. We then strolled, lunched, stopped at waterfront cafes for beer. Pleasant day.

When we were there 2 years ago, we walked to the main square (5 Minutes) and bought a ticket to ride "The Petit Train". It was a nice tour/ride through the town, several miles out into the country side, and return. We then strolled, lunched, stopped at waterfront cafes for beer. Pleasant day.

Do you recall the cost of the train? Thanks!

Archived