Pride 11/7 and 11/14 cruises cancelled - ship going to dry dock

nats311

That is not nor should it be the customers problem......and on that subject......was everyone offered the same obc?

That is the price of being in business......it sucks......but the business should take the hit...not the consumer.......

Hey it's reality...name another business that does work the way I suggest. Airlines...yeah right Hotels again yeah. Face it a business is in business to make money.;)

We just rebooked our 14 Nov Pride cruise for 5 Dec with the same cabin but for over $250 less plus our obc. I guess we'll just have to figure out how to spend the difference.:D

I'm still not happy with how this all happened.

I can understand that you are not totally pleased, but I would consider it a win.

I do feel bad for those that were looking forward to these cruises; we are going on our first one in mid-September (Fascination out of Jacksonville).

If the issue is based on the type of engine that the Spirit has ... which other Carnival (or any other CL) ships have the same type of engine? In other words, is this a sign of things to come for other ships?

The Spirit class which is the Spirit, Pride, Miracle and Legend and at least the Destiny. Not sure which other ones.

We just rebooked our 14 Nov Pride cruise for 5 Dec with the same cabin but for over $250 less plus our obc. I guess we'll just have to figure out how to spend the difference.:D

I'm still not happy with how this all happened.

How the hell did you manage that? I guess we got the rock bottom price of $389 originally for our interior. They're not that price again until almost flipping 2012 which is a joke. $469 now and we'll prob be on the same cruise with you. We'll see.

Hey it's reality...name another business that does work the way I suggest. Airlines...yeah right Hotels again yeah. Face it a business is in business to make money.;)

A business is not a business without customers;)

Carnival pulled the same crap with the swine flu crises.......all the other cruiselines stepped up to the bat and gave refunds, obc....etc....

Carnival FINALLY stepped up when all the groups on that particular cruise got together and e-mailed, snail mailed, called...etc. Oh and wait the publicity from the news stations helped too:D

Oh and if the price of my hotel room goes down I can get a refund......Carnival will let you up until final payment.....:rolleyes: Don't get me wrong......I like the product but they really need to beef up their customer service........

A business is not a business without customers;)

Carnival pulled the same crap with the swine flu crises.......all the other cruiselines stepped up to the bat and gave refunds' date=' obc....etc....

Carnival FINALLY stepped up when all the groups on that particular cruise got together and e-mailed, snail mailed, called...etc. Oh and wait the publicity from the news stations helped too:D

Oh and if the price of my hotel room goes down I can get a refund......Carnival will let you up until final payment.....:rolleyes: Don't get me wrong......I like the product but they really need to beef up their customer service........[/quote']

Swine flu was totally unique. They (CCL) were hit much harder than any other cruise line. They did not make the decision not to go, it was forced upon them. Carnival has the most ships 23 and 70% of them had a Mexican stop (much more so than any other cruise line). I think they more than came through on that one.

Not one cruise line had a contingency plan for what happened with the swine flu.

Swine flue was totally unique. They (CCL) were hit much harder than any other cruise line. They did not make the decision not to go, it was forced upon them. Carnival has the most ships 23 and 70% of them had a Mexican stop (much more so than any other cruise line). I think they more than came through on that one.

Ha ha ha ha.......I didn't have to fight for my refund :D

Shelli,

You'll most likely enjoy NCL. Very comparable to Carnivore. ;) Although I enjoy Carnival, I'm not exactly their #1 cheerleader. They have pi$$ed me off in the past. But for many reasons, we still enjoy sailing with them (so far.) We've had just as pleasant cruises with NCL, however. I have read how they (Carnival) built themselves up from zilch and they've made a lot of hard business decisions to become the biggest cruiseline. Guess they had another tough decision to make this time, and if it upsets a lot of passengers, oh well - more will come.

I really feel sorry for those first-time cruisers booked for these dates. What a letdown that must be.

I would be upset if this happened to us and we would have to pay more for a similar cruise in the same time frame. We booked early saver and the price for our cabin has increased by $140 pp already.

Well, I'm hoping nothing is seriously wrong with the Pride as we are sailing on her in October.

Happy sailing and good luck to all.

The Spirit class which is the Spirit, Pride, Miracle and Legend and at least the Destiny. Not sure which other ones.

the spirit class do have the azipods... and so do the last of 2 the fantasy class, elation and paradise...

destiny does not have azipods:

destiny-bottom-1.jpg

azipods are notorious for problems with reliability...

How the hell did you manage that? I guess we got the rock bottom price of $389 originally for our interior. They're not that price again until almost flipping 2012 which is a joke. $469 now and we'll prob be on the same cruise with you. We'll see.

OS and military discount. We're paying considerably more than $469 each. More like $1075/person.

For me, the $50 OBC would barely reimburse me for the trip insurance I had purchased...and if I rebooked, I'd have to buy new trip insurance.

Depending on your insurnace company they may let you just move your insurance premium over to a new booking. They allowed us to move out insurance on a Nov cruise to a changed date in Aug. No problems at all and no extra change.. I booked thru Insure my trip . com

Just to add a couple more things to this thread(Like we need it). I was booked on the Nov. 14th cruise and was planning on getting married on it. If you read the artical on this site about the cancellations it says that you can get a "Protected Rate" and no on board credit. I've been trying to get an answer if that protected rate is the same rate that we were originally paying, but I can't get a straight answer out of anyone. I was also told that if you didn't decide on a cruise or refund by Friday COB then Carnival would keep your deposit towards a future cruise and you wouldn't be able to get a refund which I think the BS. Also, we were on the phone with a rep and were looking at a Jan cruise online at the same time and the online rate and the rate he was offering for the same room were $150 different. He told us that the rate has changed and our computer needed to refresh, and an hour later it showed the rate he offered, so watch out because it also seems like they are raising rates as demand for these other cruises increase.

So far I would say that Carnival's customer service has been terrible. I'm sure they are receiving hundreds of angry calls but their professionalism is still lacking.

the spirit class do have the azipods... and so do the last of 2 the fantasy class, elation and paradise...

destiny does not have azipods:

destiny-bottom-1.jpg

azipods are notorious for problems with reliability...

stand corrected. Nice pic, where did you find that?

Just to add a couple more things to this thread(Like we need it). I was booked on the Nov. 14th cruise and was planning on getting married on it. If you read the artical on this site about the cancellations it says that you can get a "Protected Rate" and no on board credit. I've been trying to get an answer if that protected rate is the same rate that we were originally paying, but I can't get a straight answer out of anyone. I was also told that if you didn't decide on a cruise or refund by Friday COB then Carnival would keep your deposit towards a future cruise and you wouldn't be able to get a refund which I think the BS. Also, we were on the phone with a rep and were looking at a Jan cruise online at the same time and the online rate and the rate he was offering for the same room were $150 different. He told us that the rate has changed and our computer needed to refresh, and an hour later it showed the rate he offered, so watch out because it also seems like they are raising rates as demand for these other cruises increase.

So far I would say that Carnival's customer service has been terrible. I'm sure they are receiving hundreds of angry calls but their professionalism is still lacking.

This is like buying a TV for $500. You get home and find out it's broken, take it back to the store and they refund your money. You then want to buy the exact same one like you already did, only in functioning order. Sure thing, they say. That will be $700. :mad:

Yeah mess with my cruise but don't touch my TV!!! lol. Finally I talked to someone about the protected rates, and even though I already canceled my cruise they were able to give me the same package I had for the 11/14 cruise on the 11/28 cruise, so there is hope. I had an ES deal and got the same exact deal and the same type of room for the original price. Key might be to ask about the protected rates. Not one person I talked to mentioned that but when I brought it up today things started to get worked out.

Good Luck to everyone.

they were able to give me the same package I had for the 11/14 cruise on the 11/28 cruise,

Good Luck to everyone.

That's reasonably fair and should have been what they offered in the first place. Plus some allowance for the inconvenience.

Yep, that makes 2 cases of mentioning protected rates and getting what they originally paid. Glad Carnival is finally making things right with their customers because if I had to rebook and pay more with Carnival or the same amount with another company, I would choose the other company because I wouldn't give Carnival more money for the same cruise they cancelled on me.

[quote name='delongedoug']Yep, that makes 2 cases of mentioning protected rates and getting what they originally paid. Glad Carnival is finally making things right with their customers because if I had to rebook and pay more with Carnival or the same amount with another company, I would choose the other company because I wouldn't give Carnival more money for the same cruise they cancelled on me.[/quote]

Out of complete fairness to Carnival, I have to now say that Carnival has gone above and beyond their contractual obligations to satisfy my family. We have rebooked onto another cruise around the same time at the same rate. This is more than fair if you ask me and a win-win for Carnival and my family....I had it figured that they were going to make maybe $500 extra off of not doing what they did (in actuality, my 'replacement' could have not had the 2 extra passengers we do...so they may not have made much extra at all!).

Anyway, for all my griping on here, I did want to come back and say that they did in the end do the right thing for my family, so CCL and us are good again.

Many of the cheerleaders on here had shifted it to make us passengers out to be the bad guys, saying our "demands" were outrageous (or simply laughing when we suggested that moving us to another date at the same price was what we expected). It is very comforting to know that those people aren't in charge of things at Carnival.

We are now back to looking forward to our cruise with the added bonus of having shaved a few days off our countdown clock through all this. But now my wife won't be getting that new couch after all...

[quote name='nats311']Out of complete fairness to Carnival, I have to now say that Carnival has gone above and beyond their contractual obligations to satisfy my family. We have rebooked onto another cruise around the same time at the same rate. This is more than fair if you ask me and a win-win for Carnival and my family....I had it figured that they were going to make maybe $500 extra off of not doing what they did (in actuality, my 'replacement' could have not had the 2 extra passengers we do...so they may not have made much extra at all!).

Anyway, for all my griping on here, I did want to come back and say that they did in the end do the right thing for my family, so CCL and us are good again.

Many of the cheerleaders on here had shifted it to make us passengers out to be the bad guys, saying our "demands" were outrageous (or simply laughing when we suggested that moving us to another date at the same price was what we expected). It is very comforting to know that those people aren't in charge of things at Carnival.

We are now back to looking forward to our cruise with the added bonus of having shaved a few days off our countdown clock through all this. But now my wife won't be getting that new couch after all...[/quote]Good for you, enjoy your cruise!

Agreed, they appear to have done the same for us (my girlfriend had booked it so she called and is finalizing the rebooking in December). If their "price protection on a comparable cruise at a similar time" or whatever the exact language was was included in our letters that would have saved them a hell of a lot of angry customers and bad publicity off the bat. Instead it was stashed here, which I still find odd. Everyone got the letter but wasn't told about the price protection and you only get it if you ask for it. :confused: Sounds fishy...

Either way, this is another lesson in customer service. If we had to rebook for a much higher price, there is no way we would have let Carnival get that money. Cancelling and charging us more than we already paid for the same thing is not good business. I am glad that they realized that and rectified the situation. I am now completely satisfied with the final outcome. If you're reading this Carnival, you see how quickly people will turn based on how you treat them. Booked 12/5

[quote name='nats311']Out of complete fairness to Carnival, I have to now say [B]that Carnival has gone above and beyond their contractual obligations to satisfy my family.[/B] We have rebooked onto another cruise around the same time at the same rate. This is more than fair if you ask me and a win-win for Carnival and my family....I had it figured that they were going to make maybe $500 extra off of not doing what they did (in actuality, my 'replacement' could have not had the 2 extra passengers we do...so they may not have made much extra at all!).

We are now back to looking forward to our cruise with the added bonus of having shaved a few days off our countdown clock through all this. But now my wife won't be getting that new couch after all...[/quote]

I'm glad it worked out for you guys......but Carnival did not go above and beyond......they just did what was right;)
Have a great cruise!

[quote name='delongedoug']Agreed, they appear to have done the same for us (my girlfriend had booked it so she called and is finalizing the rebooking in December). If their "price protection on a comparable cruise at a similar time" or whatever the exact language was was included in our letters that would have saved them a hell of a lot of angry customers and bad publicity off the bat. Instead it was stashed here, which I still find odd. Everyone got the letter but wasn't told about the price protection and you only get it if you ask for it. :confused: Sounds fishy...

Either way, this is another lesson in customer service. If we had to rebook for a much higher price, there is no way we would have let Carnival get that money. Cancelling and charging us more than we already paid for the same thing is not good business. I am glad that they realized that and rectified the situation. I am now completely satisfied with the final outcome. If you're reading this Carnival, you see how quickly people will turn based on how you treat them. Booked 12/5[/quote]
Glad it all worked out. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived