Pride cancels trips

We just received notification today that our cruise for 11/7 was cancelled due to the boat being dry dock. The compensation that we receive is $50 OBC. With only 4 months away until the cruise I will be lucky to find anything comparable. I've already spent the money on passports - well over $400, trip insurance and I booked excursions. The worst part is having to tell my children that they won't be going to see the Harry Potter park nor Atlantis. Very, very sad and irritating with such short notice from carnival! It was nice of them to keep my deposit for 8 months and now they are canceling! UGH!!!

Just received the same message from our TA re. Pride Cancellation. I expect more compensation than $50.! At least enough to cover all expenses, trip ins. etc. This was our first booking with Carnival and will probably be our last if this is the way they treat passengers.

This was to be our 13th cruise, first on Carnival. We chose this cruise because we could drive to the port of Baltimore, we could afford to take our daughters family along with us, the GS's may only miss one week of school, and the 19th of Nov. is our 50th wedding anniversary. This was our only choice! Got any other suggestions??

Give RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas a try, the ship is a little older but still a great ship. It leaves on 11/4 and its a 9 night to the eastern caribbean. Rates seem pretty good too.;)

Miracle out of NY.

The Miracle makes it's way to Fort Lauderdale in October. The first cruise in FLL will be the October 19th sailing where it will add Aruba back to Carnival's itinerary. I was booked on the first cruise from FLL last year and will be on this one as well. This won't be an option for the OP after October.

Hello,

Personally i think 4 months are plenty of notice.

1...Passports, so you spent the money on them. They won't go bad for what 10 years for adults and 5 for kids?

2......You bought trip insurance. Ok, so you get your money back for the cruise, right? Since Carnival cancelled the cruise, will you get money for the insurance too?

3.....Shore excursions. Again personally i don't know why you booked so far in advance. I mean final payment for the cruise is not upon you yet. What if the shore excursions went out of business?

4....Help me with this one.....You did not mention the ages of the children, but why would you tell them so far in advance? Not a knock on you, i just don't understand. Do you tell your kids in August that Christmas is coming?

Sorry for your disappointment, but it is not a loss. As a previouse poster stated, look for something else in the same time period. Maybe try to work that in your favor when talking to Carnival. You know, since CARNIVAL cancelled this cruise, what can you do for me? Even ask for a supervisor. The glass is half full.........go get em and good luck!

This was to be our 13th cruise, first on Carnival. We chose this cruise because we could drive to the port of Baltimore, we could afford to take our daughters family along with us, the GS's may only miss one week of school, and the 19th of Nov. is our 50th wedding anniversary. This was our only choice! Got any other suggestions??

how about the NCL Jewel? Leaves on the 14th. insides $399, OV $449, BLC $649, and suites $799.

Does basically the same itinerary except for a private island.

Bill

Did you get your trip insurance through Carnival or from an outside place?

At least that should cover any losses you paid for the actual cruise.

I would call Carnival and see what else they can do for you and calmly explain why you do not feel the $50 onboard credit isn't going to be sufficient in the children's minds. Is the $50 credit per person or total for the stateroom?

Is this your first Carnival cruise? Make sure to tell them that and mention that in the future you might consider another cruiseline becaue of the dissapointment. Just don't get all irrate and angry. You may be surprised what you can come out with if you are nice about it.

Check and see if there are any other Ships leaving from that port on the same day. If there are other Carnival ships I would ask if there is any way to switch your bookings to that ship since this was Carnivals cancellation not yours.

I'm sure if they can get you onto another ship they will try because if you are not on the ship you are not spending money.

Be consistent and ask for someone higher than your PVP.

Its worth a try.

We just received notification today that our cruise for 11/7 was cancelled due to the boat being dry dock. The compensation that we receive is $50 OBC. With only 4 months away until the cruise I will be lucky to find anything comparable. I've already spent the money on passports - well over $400, trip insurance and I booked excursions. The worst part is having to tell my children that they won't be going to see the Harry Potter park nor Atlantis. Very, very sad and irritating with such short notice from carnival! It was nice of them to keep my deposit for 8 months and now they are canceling! UGH!!!

Several years ago my family planned a Christmas Cruise to the Panama Canal on the brand new Coral Princess. We were notified only 4 weeks in advance that the ship would no be ready and it was to be cancelled. We did no panic, but called our travel agent who scheduled us for a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Pride. That was our first real introduction to Carnival. We had an excellent time and are now Platinum Cruisers.

Don't despair. Their are plenty of great ships that you could book. Just do some research and pick a cruise. Have a great time.

I know it's very dissapointing to have something you've been planning and looking forward to for so long pulled out from underneath you. We had a similar situation when Carnival decided to cancel the Spirit's itinerary where a drydock wasnt' even involved.

We called our PVP and made other arrangements and applied the OBC there. Now we just have a different cruise to look forward to.

Hope it can work out similarly for you.

Good luck.

4....Help me with this one.....You did not mention the ages of the children, but why would you tell them so far in advance? Not a knock on you, i just don't understand. Do you tell your kids in August that Christmas is coming? !

Yep, I am guilty of this one- Been telling my grand daughter since she was born in 2005 about our trip to Disney in Sept 2010. Been a real trooper about it too all these years-- she just can not wait.

how about the NCL Jewel? Leaves on the 14th. insides $399, OV $449, BLC $649, and suites $799.

Does basically the same itinerary except for a private island.

Bill

I second this recommendation. We did this route on the Dawn several years ago and it was thoroughly enjoyable cruising from NYC and all the restaurant options make it even better. NYC is not that bad a drive from MD. I think the itinerary is actually a bit better. I'd rather go to the private island than Freeport plus you still get your trip to Universal and HP world and Atlantis!

I know it's very dissapointing to have something you've been planning and looking forward to for so long pulled out from underneath you. We had a similar situation when Carnival decided to cancel the Spirit's itinerary where a drydock wasnt' even involved.

We called our PVP and made other arrangements and applied the OBC there. Now we just have a different cruise to look forward to.

Hope it can work out similarly for you.

Good luck.

The thing is now they will have to fly to another port adding even more cost to the cruise. They chose that cruise for the port, since they live near there and would not have to fly. The cancellations are not going to make a lot of happy. In my opinion very poor customer service from CCL.

The thing is now they will have to fly to another port adding even more cost to the cruise. They chose that cruise for the port, since they live near there and would not have to fly. The cancellations are not going to make a lot of happy. In my opinion very poor customer service from CCL.

So, if it is a mechanical problem they should just keep sailing the ship. Everyone was screaming at CCL when they kept sailing the Destiny when it had mechanical.....can't win no matter what they do:confused:

Hello,

Personally i think 4 months are plenty of notice.

1...Passports, so you spent the money on them. They won't go bad for what 10 years for adults and 5 for kids?

2......You bought trip insurance. Ok, so you get your money back for the cruise, right? Since Carnival cancelled the cruise, will you get money for the insurance too?

3.....Shore excursions. Again personally i don't know why you booked so far in advance. I mean final payment for the cruise is not upon you yet. What if the shore excursions went out of business?

4....Help me with this one.....You did not mention the ages of the children, but why would you tell them so far in advance? Not a knock on you, i just don't understand. Do you tell your kids in August that Christmas is coming?

Sorry for your disappointment, but it is not a loss. As a previouse poster stated, look for something else in the same time period. Maybe try to work that in your favor when talking to Carnival. You know, since CARNIVAL cancelled this cruise, what can you do for me? Even ask for a supervisor. The glass is half full.........go get em and good luck!

Yes, I am very upset as I have been planning this trip for over a year for a group of 12 people. Yes, I should be able to recoup my costs for passports and insurance. But my children are involved in the planning process because it's their vacation too. And yes they do know in August that Christmas is in December. It is very frustrating as the time I've put into planning this group vacation. We all work jobs that makes it very difficult to plan our vacation dates. So, I'm sorry you don't feel this is a loss. I guess to each his own opinion. But to my family this is a loss. Yes, everyone has their health and life goes on but it's very disappointing.

Archived