Now on Emerald Princess B2B

NoVa Mimi

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your first Princess Cruise. We took our first Princess Cruise three years ago, and like you was immediately won over!! We have friends who are on the ship with you, they are great dancers if you happen to go to the Wheelhouse Bar and see a Lady with a Sequin dress on.( she wears them every night) dancing with her Husband please tell them that JoAnn and Gene said Hi.

Good Morning!:)

We had a beautiful day in Grand Cayman and enjoyed Rum Point just as much as we had previously. What a beautiful place!

Formal nights on the Western cruise are Tuesday and Thursday. Folks do get dressed up, but not over the top, so to speak. You can get whatever they are serving for the main course in the dining room, in Cafe' Caribe. Just found this our last night..beef wellington and lobster and crab. They even assist you with cracking the lobster and crab!

The small pool on deck 17 is deep (over 5 feet) so I don't know if you'd want to have a little one in it. It is a very small circular pool. They do not allow children that are not potty trained in the pools (ie:swim ups) for those who are wondering.

We are going to arrive in Cozumel this morning. We plan to do the Passion Island excursion, as we've been there before and really enjoyed the day a great deal. We leave here at 7pm.

The MUTS tonight is Avatar.

There is so much to do, we've not even scratched the surface! We are making note of what we should do next week.

The chair hogs have NOT been out too much, which is a nice surprise.

Will check in later!

Tami

Thanks for the info about the formal nites on the western caribbean cruise! We are looking forward to our trip on 8/1. We were on the Emerald last year visiting the Baltic - wonderful but intense experience! we didn't get to enjoy the ship much - we are planning to do so this time.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Cruiselovers20

Thanks for the pool update. I am trying to get down to the bottom of kid pool on board or not. We will be sailing in August with our 3 yr old and she loves to splash around.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Today was Cozumel day and Passion Island. For anyone who wonders if they should ever do this excursion...yes! What a wonderful day :) It was our second time there and we loved it as much this time as last. The excursion included a yummy meal at an all you care to eat outdoor buffet, open bar, kayaaks, water trampoline and wonderful outdoor massages! The massages are 30 minutes for $40 and they are awesome! You can get longer ones or shorter as well. The area is just beautiful!:)

Wifi in the cabins is fine~no complaints.

Children are permitted in the pools, but they must be potty trained. The other day while I was at the main pool, two wives of ship's officers were there with their little girls both were 3 years old and they appeared to be having a wonderful time! There is just not a dedicated pool for the little ones.

Many people ate casual dining tonight and it was a very good meal. Shrimp (yummy), chicken, shish-k-bobs, veal ravioli, lamb and more! The word of the day is Elastic! We all need it in our pant waistlines right about now! ;)

The weather has been really good this trip. Today was not sunny, but it was still nice. No storms have come our way, thanks to the great Captain who skirts around them.

Cheryl and Ray, we're looking forward to welcoming you on Sunday. We'll be at the Terrace pool.

Have a great evening everyone!

Tami

Angel, all is going very well :) Today was turn around day and there were many B2B passengers. The whole process was painless and took about 1 hour or so, most of it was waiting. We simply walked off the ship, through immigrations (no immigrations declarations were needed until our final disembarkation) and back on again. We were back on by 10:45.

Cheryl and gang, I don't know if you'll receive this, but I completely missed your note...I am so sorry. I would have loved to meet up with you all. Please come by our cabin again, I'd love to meet you in person!! Unfortunately, I don't know your cabin number.

Tomorrow is Princess Cays. DS wants to do the banana boat ride again(never again for me!) and DH wants to take some pictures of the island. I'd love to see the graves that people posted about some time back, but cannot remember how to get to them. If anyone can post before tomorrow, I'd be grateful for instructions/directions.

I'll check in again tomorrow.

Tami

Tami,

Someone mentioned on another thread that two weeks ago they were charging for the use of the spa pool now and that it was in the patter...this has never been the case, only the sanctuary area has had the charge...can you confirm if that pool is still free to use? i've always loved that pool area!

thanks for posting!

Cruise Raider, the mixed drinks on the $2.99 Power Hour menu are Long Island Iced Tea, Singapore Sling, and Pina Colada. They also have house spirits on the special (no wines), and four beers (Dos Equis, Becks, Miller Genuine Draft, and Miller Lite).

Sometimes one has to be creative when ordering the mixed drink @ $2.99.

DW and I, when at home, drink what we call an Easy Old Fashion, Bourbon, 7UP and lots of bitters. If you order an Old Fashion you will pay regular price @ $5.50, but if order bourbon and 7 UP with bitters it's $2.99. Another example, unless your really picky, don"t order Bicardi and coke, order rum and coke. You may get Bicardi anyway. I think you get the idea.

Of course this information is coming from a guy who will drink "fuel oil and water".:D

There have been reports on another thread that the Lotus pool is now limited to only people utilizing the Sanctuary. According to the report posted, non Sanctuary passengers cannot use the pool and it was posted in the Patter each day. :mad:

I think this was a bad interpretation of something written in the Patter.

Any confirmation about this ruling?

Tami,

Someone mentioned on another thread that two weeks ago they were charging for the use of the spa pool now and that it was in the patter...this has never been the case, only the sanctuary area has had the charge...can you confirm if that pool is still free to use? i've always loved that pool area!

thanks for posting!

Jennifer and Happy, as far as I know there is NOT a charge for use of the spa pool. I walked past it today as a matter of fact and that whole area is quite nice. :) People had there loungers "staked out" with their towel, etc. nothing to indicate they were in the Sanctuary and came for a swim...I would think they wouldn't bring all their stuff from the Sanctuary to the pool. Nobody was checking cards, etc. and there was no sign in or anything to indicate there was a fee and nothing in the Patters. Hope this helps.

Tami

Tim Donovan is the CD.

thanks keith...missed you on the caribbean last year and i guess missing you on the emerald :) if you have a chance on your sailing if you can find out who may be around (cd, captain, psd...) sept 5th i'd really appreciate it...have a great time!

Hi Tami,

We will be doing the eastern route at the end of August. We usually book the Crown Grill on Caribbean Night as we are not fond of the dinner selections that night. Can you tell us what night that is on your cruise? Thanks for answering all of our questions!

We are going on this same cruise on Sept. 5th. Also the 10 day southern right after. Glad you like Princess. Its the best. Question... will you have to get off after the Eastern part and go through immigration before the western part? as this is actually two segments combined? Is the water choppy or anything? How is the entertainment? Most importantly, enjoy your cruise.

I am not sure when Caribbean night is, I really didn't notice. Each night the food was very good~some things better than others, but we never went hungry :)

We did have to disembark after the first week. It was very painless and went very smoothly.

We had one night that there was movement felt. They put plastic wrap over all the glasses in the bars overnight. It began the afternoon of the champagne waterfall! They were able to balance those glasses perfectly though!

The music was wonderful and varied, we did not see any of the production shows so can't comment on those. We did see a comedian, James Michael, who we thought was good. We were unable to make it to his adult midnight show however. We saw a magician in the piazza who was good also.

Glad things are going well and that you are enjoying. We'll be on the Emerald week of Sept 12 and was curious who the piano player is in Crooners. Always seems to end up being our late night venue. Thanks!!

Archived